Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Srorm Legion Drops on Rift: Prime October 3rd

This time next week we'll get to experience and relive one of the better Expansions for MMOs as Storm Legion comes to Rift: Prime. Raising the level cap to 60, two huge Continents worth of questing, a new 'hang out' city in Tempest Bay and of course...Volan.

Better get used to hearing "All Hail Crucia!" a few times as you level up in Pelladane.

https://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/...-twitch-drops/

I believe there will be a Twitch Livestream from Trion as well on launch day, not sure of the time but i'll post it up here if i see it on Forum.

https://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

Just bear in mind people of what happened the first time with Rift Prime and how much of a mess the launch was and how poorly Trion handled it on top of neglecting live before resubbing.

The 1 month of ability lag.
    Broken classes that weren't fixed for a month.
    Bugs galore.
    Raids being released in an unpolished state yet again despite them claiming that they would actually try for quality.

And so on. Hell I remember people here telling me to stop being negative and that they were hyped for the Prime release and well that soon faded when they realized Trion had dropped the ball yet again.

Current state of Prime is nothing to write home about from what I'm told either. Very few raiding guilds left and less than live even.

Not saying don't since it's your money but imo there are better products out there to sub to.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-26 at 06:18 PM.

Not touching anything with Trion's name attached to it in any way. Until they can actually start to produce content for live and stop fucking around with Prime and calling it content.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Not touching anything with Trion's name attached to it in any way. Until they can actually start to produce content for live and stop fucking around with Prime and calling it content.
    Look at today's hotfixes and you will have the answer right there.

Literally just prelaunch content for Prime among other stuff for the most part while Live gets a chicken bones worth of content.

It's a joke. The funny part is Prime is actually about just as/less popular than Live.

And what about when Prime gets to the next expansion which is when the mass exodus began?

This kind of "progression" isn't worth £9.99 a month. For some reason other companies for the most part can do progression servers or classic ones right.

But with Trion there are apparently "technical issues" for this one game that for some reason can't go back to an old version.

But don't worry guys. Us discussing the game critically is good for it apparently....
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-27 at 08:37 PM.

Fuck ya lets sell content we have sold before and not make new content for the main part of the game....

WOOT. So excited.

(For anyone not paying attention Classic Rift wasn't even out a year).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Fuck ya lets sell content we have sold before and not make new content for the main part of the game....

WOOT. So excited.

(For anyone not paying attention Classic Rift wasn't even out a year).
    Bet you any money Intrepid GSB which is a rehashed raid launches on live right after to claim "they care".

Nearly a year without any content on live.

As I said if people want to sub to this go for it. But imo there are sub based games or even F2P/B2P ones that offer superior entertainment.

I mean as I said people here actually told me to stop being negative and that I was just blindly hating. Yet Prime ended up being a trainwreck both at launch and still is.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-27 at 08:38 PM.

So thus Vanilla-ish Rift disappears for good. GG to all those who wanted it to stay Vanilla-ish, if there were any.

So 1 day to go.

No hype on any of the forums or Reddit, no big streamers that I know of planning to play, absolutely nothing.

Safe to say there won't be any server queues this time. People won't be falling for it as easy.

Deleted
    Wth is Rift Prime exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharku View Post
    Wth is Rift Prime exactly?
    Basically a poorly done progression server they have the gall to charge £9.99 a month for.

Unlike most true progressions which try their best to roll back to that version of the game for a more authentic experience.... this didn't per se. It took the modern client and downgraded it to Classic. However they didn't use things such as original soul trees citing "too complex" when most games did it just fine.

Not to mention the plethora of bugs when they said that this time they would actually try with it. Prime itself has most certainly tanked and I doubt will be kept past NMT or SFP.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    how the fuck is Slipmat still supporting Trion and that shit of a game called Rift? i mean hell if it would be 2011 again i would be all for it because it was good back than but for the past 5-6 years its a shitshow .. but well in the end Slipmat is doing a good job keeping new guys away from Rift all this threads he is opening with hotfixes etc etc just shows us that Trion doesn't care

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    how the fuck is Slipmat still supporting Trion and that shit of a game called Rift? i mean hell if it would be 2011 again i would be all for it because it was good back than but for the past 5-6 years its a shitshow .. but well in the end Slipmat is doing a good job keeping new guys away from Rift all this threads he is opening with hotfixes etc etc just shows us that Trion doesn't care
    Supposedly loves the game. Somehow I doubt that since he goes and bumps the Trove, Archeage and Defiance threads from time to time just so those games get some attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    Slipmat is doing a good job keeping new guys away from Rift all this threads he is opening with hotfixes etc etc just shows us that Trion doesn't care

Hang on, hang on, you're getting triggered by people posting hotfix/patch notes on a Forum about gaming? Somebody better tell Chaud to stop posting those pesky Hotfixes that WoW seems to need nearly on a daily basis, i mean they appear on the front page, no way to avoid seeing them when you log on to MMO C

Glad to hear it will keep players that get easily triggered away, you'll be missing out on having Volan's big brother slap you around as a level 7 in Silverwood or Freemarch, your loss.

Major difference.

Wow actually garners interest on this site. Hence why hotfixes are front page news. Maybe if Rift had actually tried to be a good game and been more successful then it would garner front page news? Food for thought there.

This game doesn't. Nor on Reddit or any other social media/forum. The fact this game has a sub forum anymore is literally because the admins can't be bothered cleaning the forum up and converting the more deader games to sub forums. Hence why after games like this a lot of games just have megathreads.

Even this site overestimated how well Rift would do. Says a lot really. Only activity Reddit for this had over the past few days was Seshatar going on a rampant OP binge since Trion usually give him free shit and alongside 5-6 people are the full on people who think the sun shines out of Trion's arse.

I mean not even the official forums has any hype for this. Not to mention Rift is back down to it's usual Steam numbers which says to me Prime has definitely lost most of it's players. No way in hell those 700+ that it gained came back for content on Live when Live hasn't seen content for nearly a year.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-prim...al-discussion/

Not a single hype thread for SL. Oh but they managed to cock up releasing Exodus of the Storm Queen. So business as usual with content release for Trion.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-10-02 at 05:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Live hasn't seen content.
    I'm surprised a 'concerned' poster like yourself hasn't been keeping up to date as to why they can't produce no new Raids to Live yet but i'll inform you, even though i know your crocodile tears don't work on me.

There's an issue with boss Health pool numbers, they're still in the old 32-bit integers and they've reached the upper numbers limit, until they sort this out, as well as fixing the various Dev tools that are still based on 32-bit and break a lot of stuff when introduced into the 64-bit engine, they can't do much, here, the Dev can explain it:

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I'm surprised a 'concerned' poster like yourself hasn't been keeping up to date as to why they can't produce no new Raids to Live yet but i'll inform you, even though i know your crocodile tears don't work on me.

There's an issue with boss Health pool numbers, they're still in the old 32-bit integers and they've reached the upper numbers limit, until they sort this out, as well as fixing the various Dev tools that are still based on 32-bit and break a lot of stuff when introduced into the 64-bit engine, they can't do much, here, the Dev can explain it:

Nice to see you ignoring the main point as per usual. You haven't changed I see.

And using the tired old Trion excuse of "muh technical limitations" that other devs don't seem to have issue with. Must be some severe incompetence on Trion's part or lack of experience if they can't do something that devs already have done.

Anywho I shouldn't have responded but well you need feeding sometimes I guess.

10+ Year Old Account

You realize there are workarounds right? Blizzard demonstrated how to do it in MoP with Garrosh, it only stalls development if you're a shitty developer.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    You realize there are workarounds right? Blizzard demonstrated how to do it in MoP with Garrosh, it only stalls development if you're a shitty developer.
    Pretty much. Multiple phase changes/resets if you are on a 32 bit integer. Problem solved. Garrosh was actually a very good way to get around using a 32 bit system. 4 phases wasn't that bad with Garrosh anyway because it was a fun fight.

Health pools aren't a "thorny wall". Trion are just incompetent. Nothing else to it. They pull these kinds of excuses all the time.

Content delayed? Yeah we gave dev team PTO or all of them suddenly came down with illness. Yes I'm sure every single dev suddenly came down with illness.

Can't use original soul trees on Prime? Muh technical limitations.

The list goes on. Hell this is the company who blames it's players when content comes out buggy for not testing it because they don't have a proper QA team.

I just find it amusing that what other devs can do with ease Trion can't. It just shows how inexperienced the current dev team is.

Expecting Trion not to pull a poorly made product/excuse out is like expecting EA not to ruin most of the studios it touches. Trion are the EA of the online gaming world. They've ruined at least 3 of their own projects and 2 as a publisher because no way in hell did shit similar to Rift make it into Archeage on the devs own decisions.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-10-02 at 06:14 PM.

So it's taken them nearly a full year? They can't create non-boss related content that doesn't run into this technical issue? Because that comment sure makes it seem like they either work on Prime or they work on live, which doesn't really bode well for the game because that means that they don't have enough developers to support both new content on the live client (which has gone nearly a year without a content update) and them updating old content for Prime.

Want to get around caps like that? Drop boss health down by put a buff on them reducing damage that remains throughout the fight, or center mechanics around removing that buff for burn phases. Place debuffs no players reducing outgoing damage similarly either throughout the fight or centered around mechanics removing the debuff for burns. Work on boss fights more centered around players executing mechanics as the primary goal vs. doing lots of damage to massive HP pools. Create multi-boss fights with each individual boss having lower HP but cumulatively totaling above the cap that is posing the technical hurdle.

There's more than just raid content that Trion can release, and there are so many workarounds for a HP cap related to 32-bit limitations that it's a ludicrously bullshit excuse for the lack of content. It's valid for why they can't do traditional bosses with massive HP, not valid for why they can't do different types of raid bosses, why they can't create more quest content, why they can't create more WF content, why they can't create more open world DE content, why they can't make more dungeons etc. etc.

One thing that stands out is that trion are currently investing more in prime than they are earning atm.