Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

New features in next expansion

I realize it's a bit early to speculate but I was curious to hear players' thoughts about what features might show up in future expansions. I'm not talking about new races/classes or retuning abilities. I'm talking about core changes (legion artifacts, BFA azerite gear).

My thought is that at some point they will offer the chance to pick up 1 iconic ability from another class. We haven't seen a lot of "class cooperation" in WoW, I wouldn't be surprised to see something like Paladins and Priests teaming up and sharing some knowledge. A paladin who could cast a weird version of shadowform or a priest who replaces holy nova with a heal/damage version of consecrate would be awesome.

I think there are TONS of opportunities for things like this for every single class without losing the class' flavor or breaking the game. As a matter of fact, unless they are willing to give us a temporary source of new abilities for every future xpac like we've been getting, players will feel cheated. So this would be a great solution for one xpac.

What do you guys think? And what are some of your ideas?
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Deleted
    More pruning.

instead of alliance getting 3 horses from reps they will get 4 horses from rep.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    instead of alliance getting 3 horses from reps they will get 4 horses from rep.
    Nah, Alliance needs 4 more ram models plz.

Seriously though, I'd like to hear some more interesting opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VincentX View Post
    More pruning.
    I hope not - I definitely preferred having stuffed action bars instead of bare ones. I just recently started DK tanking again though after going frost for 2 expansions, I'm happy to see that they made it engaging again because BOY is frost bland.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

5+ Year Old Account
    Some of these are from the supposed 'leak' some time ago, but here's mine for what I can think at the moment:

- Faction neutrality

- 4th spec to all classes bar Hero ones (even if flavourful)

- I'd add another path to PvE progression that's not tied to M+ or Raids*. Maybe world mini-bosses or outside activities similar to WQs but variable and fun to do. I'd listen to community feedback whether these are fun or not and make adjustments. The harder these activities are the better gear, the best rewards will be done by a group of 5/10/20. Worst rewards can be done solo.

- I'd add a PvP zone similar to Wintergrasp minus the hellish lag.

- I'd add lore-related secrets throughout the world that are not simply pets or mounts.

*Mythic Raiding will still be the super endgame of the game.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Streamlined version of PoEs gem system in the form of an artifact trinket with x# of relic slots. Artifact power is used to level the relics. Some relics are abilities that aren't class specific, more customization.

Deleted
    That's not a feature, it's systems.

AP is a system, island expeditions are a feature.

I don't really care about the systems cause they change every 2 years. I just want the least rng possible.

Feature i'd like is definitly housing/base building. It would be evergreen content for the game.

Another feature i'd like is dynamic events instead of world quests, or a mixture of both, while getting rid of the old secondary quest system.

I know you said not races/classes but i'd really like to see Tinkers.

Those 3 are my wishlist for the next xpac, as they were for this one... but aslong as i can still find enjoyment...

edit: saw the other post and thought i'd add that i'd like to see faction neutrality aswell. I hate having 2 players factions fracturing the community.

More braindead daily quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    More braindead daily quests.
    Don't let blizzard see this, delete it at once!

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has so much room to grow yet they just keep scrapping/fucking things up.

We could have items that level with your character, something like how artifacts worked but instead of giving a value of AP to farm just make everything increase the gear XP, completed a quest? World quest? Killed a rare? Made a dungeon? Crafted something? Havested resources? Did a battleground? Your gear progresses with you.

Housing system they fucked up so bad, it's almost unbelievable. They could implement some kind of guild hall, like the Garrison idea but not something that only you could access, but a large group of people.

Still on the guild hall idea, think of places that could be claimed and players could make a 'bank' to sell stuff, NPCs could sell the gear to traveling players.

Crafting system is so beat up right now, it's another thing they could made useful instead of making it useless each new expansion.

Battlegrounds or PvP in general is so boring, they had so much opportunity to make something like a battle royal or mobs over the years yet they didn't.

Blizzard wasted all the opportunities of being innovative with wow.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

10+ Year Old Account
    At the end of this expansion we will use all of our talent points/talents to kill the big bad. Next expansion we will grind for our talents back.

5+ Year Old Account
    - I'd revamp the levelling system, at least to complement/speed the current endgame grind. It's such a slap in the face when the levelling in the game is seen mostly as downtime to the true progression/grind of endgame. I'd give a HoA/Artifact/Whatever to all lvl 1/lvl 20 players and add Azerite/Whatever to all low level quests/dungeons. Heck, I'd give the option to speed levelling/slow it down if the players wish to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    - I'd revamp the levelling system, at least to complement/speed the current endgame grind. It's such a slap in the face when the levelling in the game is seen mostly as downtime to the true progression/grind of endgame. I'd give a HoA/Artifact/Whatever to all lvl 1/lvl 20 players and add Azerite/Whatever to all low level quests/dungeons. Heck, I'd give the option to speed levelling/slow it down if the players wish to do so.
    People already have this option. Take off heirlooms.

The ability to group cross faction and, if we're lucky, real player housing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    It' still super slow with heirlooms on. I'm thinking 10x the speed pre-7.3.5.

Get developers that actually play tank classes and more sub races but make them available all the time because its bullshit to grind old world content to unlock an alt that I would never touch
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    What do you guys think? And what are some of your ideas?
    I think there is potential in the systems and the future of the game. I have a lot of ideas, but I'd rather know what blizzard is thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Whatever it is, it will be labelled the "worst shit ever" on this forum
    Wouldn't be surprised.
    Last edited by Drust Flayer; 2018-09-27 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    Some of these are from the supposed 'leak' some time ago, but here's mine for what I can think at the moment:

- Faction neutrality

- 4th spec to all classes bar Hero ones (even if flavourful)

- I'd add another path to PvE progression that's not tied to M+ or Raids*. Maybe world mini-bosses or outside activities similar to WQs but variable and fun to do. I'd listen to community feedback whether these are fun or not and make adjustments. The harder these activities are the better gear, the best rewards will be done by a group of 5/10/20. Worst rewards can be done solo.

- I'd add a PvP zone similar to Wintergrasp minus the hellish lag.

- I'd add lore-related secrets throughout the world that are not simply pets or mounts.

*Mythic Raiding will still be the super endgame of the game.
    I would LOVE some lore related secrets. I'm glad they are still hiding some stuff in the game, but I would love more. The demon hunter in the whirlpool in old Darkshore was awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    That's not a feature, it's systems.

AP is a system, island expeditions are a feature.

I don't really care about the systems cause they change every 2 years. I just want the least rng possible.

Feature i'd like is definitly housing/base building. It would be evergreen content for the game.

Another feature i'd like is dynamic events instead of world quests, or a mixture of both, while getting rid of the old secondary quest system.

I know you said not races/classes but i'd really like to see Tinkers.

Those 3 are my wishlist for the next xpac, as they were for this one... but aslong as i can still find enjoyment...

edit: saw the other post and thought i'd add that i'd like to see faction neutrality aswell. I hate having 2 players factions fracturing the community.
    I've never been a fan of the tinker idea, but it doesn't hurt me if they add it, so I hope people get it if they want it.

I don't see much of a distinction between systems and features, if a system is divergent enough, I would call it a feature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    Blizzard has so much room to grow yet they just keep scrapping/fucking things up.

We could have items that level with your character, something like how artifacts worked but instead of giving a value of AP to farm just make everything increase the gear XP, completed a quest? World quest? Killed a rare? Made a dungeon? Crafted something? Havested resources? Did a battleground? Your gear progresses with you.

Housing system they fucked up so bad, it's almost unbelievable. They could implement some kind of guild hall, like the Garrison idea but not something that only you could access, but a large group of people.

Still on the guild hall idea, think of places that could be claimed and players could make a 'bank' to sell stuff, NPCs could sell the gear to traveling players.

Crafting system is so beat up right now, it's another thing they could made useful instead of making it useless each new expansion.

Battlegrounds or PvP in general is so boring, they had so much opportunity to make something like a battle royal or mobs over the years yet they didn't.

Blizzard wasted all the opportunities of being innovative with wow.
    Guild halls would be awesome, I would love to see that. I wouldn't get much out of it, the last time I was active in a guild was Cata. But it would be an undeniably cool feature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    At the end of this expansion we will use all of our talent points/talents to kill the big bad. Next expansion we will grind for our talents back.
    Yeah, I don't love the ephemeral nature of abilities in the current game. I'm especially disturbed the lack of ANY ability gain at all while leveling for the last like 30 levels. There's definitely room for some more 'fluff' in the game even at the cost of a little simplicity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    The changes they made to exp gain did a lot to help this. I leveled my void elf to 114 recently and I saw more zones that I'd seen since probably BC or wrath.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Get developers that actually play tank classes and more sub races but make them available all the time because its bullshit to grind old world content to unlock an alt that I would never touch
    I'm out of the zeitgeist on tank concerns now, but I did just recently start DK tanking again. I'm happy with where it is compared to the last couple expansions, there's challenge in it again instead of facerolling.
    -Darsithis

Less control over loot please!

It sucks that I can trade what I dont need. I want to level my enchanting. L0L Blizzard 13 Dollars.

And less secondary stats of course. It sucks that I have to obsessively sim my character to find out whats good. Just remove that elitist crap Blizzard!

Also more rep grinds for content like new races. Nobody liked it when you could just buy the expansion and then play all the content like in Wotlk or BC. Thats pay2win!

Deleted
    i'd love to see custom spells/ability's

Like effect should be the same, but it would be nice if you can get nice custom stuff like ''blue light'' for paladins instead of the yellow. or red ones for blood elves(blood knights).

bone shield for blood dk's can be skulls or blood orbs.

or just a complete theme like those locks got? i would like to unlock stuff like that.