Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Will WoW Classic Have the P2W WoW Token?

Will WoW Classic have the P2W WoW token?

10+ Year Old Account
    P2W Token. Yes. This certainly exists....
    Speciation Is Gradual

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Will WoW Classic have the P2W WoW token?
    Oh look, someone who uses a term without knowing what it means.

I rarely post, but come the hell on. There are plenty of things to criticize at the moment, but the token is by no means P2W.

While it isnt pay to win, it would surely ruin something at the core of why vanilla was good. Gold mattering means something, it was a huge part of what made vanilla what it was.

Obviously no, it wont be in classic WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Money to Gold, Gold to carries.

Not sure how it isn't p2w, at least from a PVE standpoint. I'm sure there are some absolute madmen willing to carry to R1 though.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    While it isnt pay to win, it would surely ruin something at the core of why vanilla was good. Gold mattering means something, it was a huge part of what made vanilla what it was.

I have to agree with this. Allowing tokens to be sold on the Classic servers would absolutely destroy the economy. Gold was actually RARE back then, spending 1,000g on something actually meant something. Being allowed to buy and sell tokens on classic would mean everyone could get gold capped for $20. RIP AH at that point. Who wants to pay 214k (the vanilla gold cap) for an arcanite bar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    Money to Gold, Gold to carries.

Not sure how it isn't p2w, at least from a PVE standpoint. I'm sure there are some absolute madmen willing to carry to R1 though.
    Because it isn't a definitive source of gold, and you get as much gold from tokens as others are willing to pay you.

I'd love to see them sold for 60g a piece in exploited black lotus economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

No way to really know. It might be a good way to bait classic players into BFA where you can say make gold here and pay for your sub there bait and switch too. But even if it is not there odds are people will just buy gold against ToS anyway. So really it depends on where it is coming from rather than if it will in fact exist. Even though I would rather it not be in the game. If people want to risk being scammed or banned then let them take that risk.

10+ Year Old Account

Again, it doesn't generate gold, it helps to move gold from one hands to others. Gold still matters, there will still be less gold in economy than before, and with gold farmers being at disadvantage (since you can sell tokens instead of risking your account) - they are discouraged from ruining economy by farming fucking dungeon chests on their fucking bot rogues for dozens of $$$cashmoney$$$.

And seriously, if you really think that tokens will help you to get a lot of gold - think again. Gold is very important resource in classic, handing it away to pay for subscription is just ridiculous, they won't cost much
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Again, it doesn't generate gold, it helps to move gold from one hands to others. Gold still matters, there will still be less gold in economy than before, and with gold farmers being at disadvantage (since you can sell tokens instead of risking your account) - they are discouraged from ruining economy by farming fucking dungeon chests on their fucking bot rogues for dozens of $$$cashmoney$$$.

And seriously, if you really think that tokens will help you to get a lot of gold - think again. Gold is very important resource in classic, handing it away to pay for subscription is just ridiculous, they won't cost much
    I understand that, but they arent going to do it as it would go against some of the core values of vanilla WoW, something they will surely touch on at the blizzcon panels. Gold sellers will surely be a thing again in classic i have no doubt, but there is zero chance blizzard allows the WoW token on classic realms, the outrage would be too much to handle.....and rightly so. They will need to employ all the tricks they learned throughout the years to combat gold sellers, its their only recourse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand that, but they arent going to do it as it would go against some of the core values of vanilla WoW, something they will surely touch on at the blizzcon panels. Gold sellers will surely be a thing again in classic i have no doubt, but there is zero chance blizzard allows the WoW token on classic realms, the outrage would be too much to handle.....and rightly so. They will need to employ all the tricks they learned throughout the years to combat gold sellers, its their only recourse.
    I don't believe that it will be there either, but i won't be surprised or against it if it will, nothing is set in stone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it isn't a definitive source of gold, and you get as much gold from tokens as others are willing to pay you.
    5g or 500,000g, there's someone out there buying enough tokens to get BiS, Mythic raid mounts, gladiator titles etc.

OT: Classic won't have the token.
    Make your own groups!!!

Token isn't pw2 and most likely will not be in classic.

The token was brought in to take away business from chinese gold farming websites (black market) and filter that money into Blizzard. Blizzard taking the choice to not provide the gold token doesn't stop the chinese gold farming websites from selling gold, so you're not stopping anyone from buying gold to purchase whatever they want in game.

Given how Blizzard operates in this current day and age I would be extremely surprised if the gold token was not offered, they earn 50% more money for every token sub. Of course it also depends how the sub system will work for Classic, but Blizzard aren't going to willfully give money away.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    5g or 500,000g, there's someone out there buying enough tokens to get BiS, Mythic raid mounts, gladiator titles etc.
    Sure, if it helps you sleep at night

But remember, gold selling always was there, you always could buy BiS, raid spits and PvP titles with it. Nothing. Changed. It was in classic, and it will be in classic, the question is - will economy be inflated because of that, or not

OT: Classic won't have the token.
    And? How does that effect you? How does that even effect that persons guild or groop of friends if they have it? It won't get them any world firsts, it won't win them any awards or competitions, its simply a cosmetic personal choice/desire.

Pay to win? What are they winning... ?

10+ Year Old Account
    since Classic will probably require an active sub in good standing the chances of Token in Classic are near impossible.

Also, OP, you might wanna look up the definition of P2W
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    And? How does that effect you? How does that even effect that persons guild or groop of friends if they have it? It won't get them any world firsts, it won't win them any awards or competitions, its simply a cosmetic personal choice/desire.

Pay to win? What are they winning... ?
    It doesn't affect me, though that doesn't change the argument.

Sure, if it helps you sleep at night
    I'm not losing any sleep over semantic disputes, especially one as road-worn as this. Agree to disagree, or don't.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Oh look, someone who uses a term without knowing what it means.
    It's the buzzword du jour.