Poll: When should BFA end?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    that all of those points are usless bs whining and mmochamp should start banning people who do more whining threads instead posting in already exsisting ones
    Whining about whining, in which I am whining in response. Now that's Meta AF.

He asked a defined question, with his own points (which can be backed up with others over the last weeks and blizzards previous words and actions). Whether you agree or not is entirely up to you, but you ain't exactly fighting the good fight for why BFA isn't bad are you? Why should or shouldn't it end with 8.2?

I'd lean on agreeing with ending on 8.2, there is an argument that they are already setting it up with this out of nowhere raid tier. The final would be Azshara rounding out the 3 complete tiers. This is directly counter to their pre-launch, pre-public perception failure raid and patch outline. To the argument of the parallels 6.1 (WoD in general) had literally nothing, 8.1 (BFA in general) has stuff in it, but literally nothing to it. Key distinction here but the effect is the same. It means nothing to have something there but for it to not be compelling, and that applies to systems (azerite) as well.

By all means enjoy the game as is, just don't call anyone that disagrees with you an out and out whiner and asking for bans.
    "In the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't. You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair... but that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

The Main, The Alt, The Pretender

10+ Year Old Account
    End somewhere AFTER 8.2

People whine about not getting their money worth, if you end it at 8.2, then you're definitely not getting your money worth.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post

My advice to them is and will always be: if you don't enjoy the game unsubscribe.
    I did. so what? I shouldn't post and talk about the game anymore?

1: the next expansion is already in development for about 2-3 months most likely.
    2: the further we get into BFA more developers / designers are switched to the new xpac since BFA is set to end at point X.
    3: Legion had some changes to the artifact system with the crucible which was also the final patch.

A lot of content for this expansion is already done and just need final testing (raid / ptr stuff)
    Some people seem to think Blizzard works 2 years on the basic expansion (i.e. BFA we have so far)

And then just create and come up with some new content that will make up the rest of said expansion.

85-90% of BFA is done and ready @ blizzard shelves waiting for release.
    So then PTR is a conspiracy when they distinctly add elements in phases, and get to watch bugs get sorted out? No if they had 90% of it done, 90% of it would be there, they aren't just sitting on code for a release date its constantly being developed.

Deleted
    These children and their hating campaign... doing everything for BfA to turn into WoD2 to try and fulfill their own prophecies.

I know you still have trouble understanding, but you are still a vocal small minority acting outraged.

Nope, BfA is a good expansion and it will last as long as legion. Get strapped on and enjoy or gtfo and leave us be.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is fun to see people think the announced raid tiers are just coming out of thin air.

The horde story line hints at SoZ raid.
    Alliance story is heavily influenced with Aszhara.

So both raids do make sense.
    The overall story arc and lines of the expansion are all set up and already known.

And for everyone claiming: Ion said we will fight Aszhara before the end of BFA. Yes we will.
    Will it be in 8.2? I doubt it.

We have no info on how the story will lead us to Aszhara.
    I do think myself we will deal with N'zoth aswell. In one way or the other.

Just no.. We don't want another WoD issue. If you don't fucking like the game, just quit, I agree that the Azerite traits suck dick, but a lot of things can be Salvaged. Classes are getting buffed if you go and look, that and THE EXPANSION STARTED A MONTH AGO! There is still a chance it can be fixed.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    So then PTR is a conspiracy when they distinctly add elements in phases, and get to watch bugs get sorted out? No if they had 90% of it done, 90% of it would be there, they aren't just sitting on code for a release date its constantly being developed.
    The development time for raids / content is not a matter of weeks. It is always a few months work.

The final 10% is fine tuning / final touches etc etc.
    Also releasing different content patches after launch is there so you keep playing.

Like i said before: they will never make an expansion and then release 8.0 till 8.3 at once.
    But they do exactly know from the getgo what the storyline in the expansion is. And where we are heading.
    The will have time paths based on predictions. And if needed they can move those around a bit.
    Releasing 8.1 either a few weeks early or later.

But they aren't releasing BFA and then start working on 8.1 raid tiers. They simply can't.

Go check out some interviews and other info about the last years.
    Think they once mentioned as soon as Legion was launched. Most of the encounter design team was working on Argus raid already.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    You'd rather the dev resources be spent on more pointless systems like more Azerite traits and Warfronts for 8.3+ (which will be discontinued) than being spent really refining and perfecting 9.0? You want another rushed expansion?
    You say this but you do realize EVERY expansion worked like this, right? Even the not rushed ones worked like this.

The issue with WoD was a transition in losing a lot of the old team for the new team. One expansion was obviously going to suffer as a result of transition and it just happened to be WoD.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I'm pretty sure the systems we have in BfA won't change much or at all until the next expansion. The team responsible for BfA is now already making 10.0, while we wait for team Legion to salvage what they can in 9.0. As for the current expansion, we will have to deal with the hand we were served and make the expansion fun for ourselves, if we want, or take a break until the next expansion.

However, end BfA with 8.2 isn't smart. It would throw the process out of loop and wouldn't allow team Legion to properly craft a decent expansion, which is what we will desperately need after this fiasco.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    I did. so what? I shouldn't post and talk about the game anymore?
    You can talk about the game and suggest that things get changed. Although there is no constructive feedback in your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    I didn't know Blizzard had it in them to actually release an expansion worse than WoD. BfA has to be the worst expansion out of all of them.

Anyone who'd trade in BfA for WoD? I certainly would.
    Have to agree its the most empty boring shell of a expansion i have ever played bar none, its just been over a month since launch and im only raid logging and doing a +10 for the cache.

Hardly seems worth a monthly fee for that.

Nope, 1 single change can still make it the best expac of all time. Mythic and pvp Warfronts. There you go Blizz, no need to thank me. Because its so FKING OBVIOUS
    We humans have to stick together

So your thoughts on 8.1:
    They must be scrapping raid tiers coz bad xpac.
    Everything is set in stone.
    SoZ / CoS are in the plans since they thought of this xpac.

They don't conjure up 2 raids due to some negative feedback about the game.
    Everything is set in stone as much as in WoD.

Crucible of Storms sounds like a last minute raid to introduce Azshara and Naga. An idea which they came up with last minute. The best part is they can use Crucible either way, as a filler raid or if necessary they could easily add more bosses and make it some kind of pseudo-tier raid with 5, 6 bosses.

Pretty sure it's easily doable to finish off BfA with 8.2.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

100% agree with you OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    I've already unsubbed and uninstalled. Now, I'm just on a S&D mission to sow as much hate and discontent towards Blizzard as I can from going from the best company in gaming to another shit tier Activision puppet with an absolute buffoon like Ion at the helm of WoW.
    Good, stop posting in a WoWsubforum on a WoW FANwebsite if you don't even play it.

I think I'll post even more. Would you care to give me your email address so I can contact you directly with my messages? Maybe you could be my editor
    wow@youareso.cool

I've already unsubbed and uninstalled. Now, I'm just on a S&D mission to sow as much hate and discontent towards Blizzard as I can from going from the best company in gaming to another shit tier Activision puppet with an absolute buffoon like Ion at the helm of WoW.
    Talk about wasting what little time you have on earth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    I think that BFA should end in 8.2 and that the devs should really sit down and work through all the systemic issues with BFA instead of attempting to bandaid fix this expansion.

1. Azerite cannot be salvaged at this point
    The system is fundamentally broken at its core which the devs themselves have acknowledged. Lore has mentioned that the Azerite issues are something that we "simply have to accept as a downside". We will need a new expansion with a new progression system to address these issues.

2. Lukewarm reception of Islands and Warfronts
    The sooner the expansion is over, the sooner the devs can stop wasting development resources to keep these systems going.

3. Classes cannot be fixed this expansion
    Azerite and ability prunint have crippled the base power of every class, and while these systems are in place, classes will continue to be hamstrung. Classes cannot be fixed until Azerite is removed, which won't happen until a new expansion.

4. It feels like we haven't left the Legion expansion
    BFA seems like a major content patch of Legion with a few extra zones and dungeons. We need a truly fresh start with a fresh story and systems to feel like we've started a new expansion. 8.2 could introduce Azshara/N'zoth to lead into the big old gods expansion which is the real story as opposed to the filler Horde/Alliance schoolyard brawl.

Given BFA's record week 1 sales, it is clear that people are still very keen on WoW, as long as they are provided a quality product (which BFA has not delivered). So I think that BFA should be wrapped up as soon as possible so the next expansion has a chance at being a quality expansion. Here is a arojected timeline:
    8.0 - 6 months
    8.1 - 6 months
    8.2 - 12 months
    9.0 launch - August 2020 with Classic launch 6 months after 8.2 launch.

What do you think?
    At this point I'm hoping It ends with 8.2 because I do not see how well It can go Into the future, with their horrible communication with the community right now, defending their system and trying to justifie the grind, literally telling us "We want you to grind more" Is insulting quite frankly. So the sooner this ends and the sooner we get a new hopefully better system rolling, the better.

Bfa Is still Legion 2.0 but worse, I mean Legion was the worst expansion to begin with to date, and now BfA takes the throne to be honest, or at the very least Is taking the steps towards that throne, ready to stab It's father, Legion In the chest and say "I'm becoming your heir, father" (Get that reference fellow nerds)

They still INSIST on using bloody table missions that are pointless wastes of time and they know It, stubbornly keeping the system alive from Garrisons, In a weaker fashion but still It's here. PvPing has been bloody borked since Legion began, no pvp gear to speak of, no real progression of character In either pvp or pve.

So just to make my point better, you know how Mythic dungeons drop 340 ilevel gear? As well as Raid Finder? And then there's heroics that drop 325 gear and normal dungeons that drop 310 gear.

Well the recent timewalking dungeons let you skip all of that and get 335 gear, with a chance to proc for 345, so that's borked. Even blizzard can't realize that timewalking dungeons are heroic-difficulty dungeons yet they give out gear almost comparible to mythic level gear, I was shocked to get a 335 piece of gear rather than a 325 one.

And that might seem like a minor gripe, but all of these minor things can be put together and made Into a clear picture of what Blizzard thinks of the future of the game, the direction they're taking It as well as the way they want us to "Progress" and that's their way. -they- tell us we should have multiple azerite sets just so we can grind more, rather than... Oh I don't know. ME DECIDING THAT? You know, an aspect of an RPG Is to decide; oh, do I want extra spirit or Intel on this piece of gear? But wait, blizz already decided that for me because It only HAS Intel. Blizzard are trying to dictate our path of progression and giving us frankly too many free and easy ways to get gear at this point.

They need to rethink their stance, heavily, just take a step back and take a good look at their game systems, class balancing and everything that they think is good about the game, consider It broken and repair it.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

end in 8.2? are you comparting Bfa to the utter failure that Wod was? Sure it has its problems, and its not my fave expansion but it doesnt mean it should end up as wod2.0