Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Kralljin don't get me wrong or misunderstand me as if I appear like I'm disqualifying the presence of Necromancy across several implemented class on WoW already such as DK's. In fact I have mentioned in one of my previous thread which also tackles death energy,magic, along with the multifaceted aspect of Necromancy in connection with different spells and schools of magic.

I'm just supplying in my own interpretation of a possibility how how a Necromancer class could be implemented should Blizzard entertain and approve the same concept I have in mind.

One idea I have in mind is a build using the concept of Soul collector which allows you to summon the spirit of the dead WoW heroes like say, Uther,Terenas,Arthas and other NPCs across different races one of which as talent is allow you to summon them as guardian and grants you butts while the other one let you be possessed by the spirit and allows you to use unique spell to that NPC along with questline in looking for their grave/body/tomb and commune with them and recruit them similar to Hunter pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomind View Post
    It's nice to see someone discussing the Heartsbane Coven and the Drustvar story, I really enjoyed it but seldom find discussions about it. You touched on some interesting points, I for one really liked the aesthetic of the zone and the magic they use. Would love to be able to get that look for the spells on my warlock or shadow priest.
    One thing I wanted to add was your interpretation of the story with Meredith Waycrest may be slightly off. Based on what we see in the past with her daughters wedding and her clear desire for power, I feel she used her husband as a tool in order to reach a more powerful position. Being lord of their house she needed him alive in order to be in a position of power otherwise it would likely pass to her daughter. It reminded me of the TV series Salem to be honest, which has a witch using magick to achieve similar ends as it explores how in that time period, women were second class citizens to men and very rarely, if ever, held any positions of power on their own. The coven in the series even go about performing the grand rite to summon their master like the witches do with Gorak'tul in the crimson forest. The series does go down hill and it's a bit poorly written at times, but I stuck with it to witness the take on witchcraft, etc. I'd definitely check it out on netflix if you have access to it. I'm sure you will notice the parallels.
    Thank you for showing your interest and appreciation about my thread and the topic at hand. With the regards to the accidental love connection I made, it was purely a personal interpretation but yes it is also inevitable that politics have been one of the underlying factor for Drustvar's Mother to tap into the Dark Arts of death magic by the Drust culture.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-09-30 at 02:44 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-10-01 at 04:59 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Update:
    Witch Hunters: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...TheWitchHunter

Witch Hunting Documentary:
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-10-02 at 06:39 PM.

I'm glad they liked Bloodborne

So what you are asking for, is a robe-wearing melee shadowcaster, who attacks with a melee weapon, summons the dead, and causes enemies to rot and decay, possibly with some vampiric blood magic thrown in for good measure? Yeah that's an Unholy Death Knight wearing the Acherus Knight starting armor, using Clawing Shadows talent, and wielding the Torch of the Damned.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashen View Post
    So what you are asking for, is a robe-wearing melee shadowcaster, who attacks with a melee weapon, summons the dead, and causes enemies to rot and decay, possibly with some vampiric blood magic thrown in for good measure? Yeah that's an Unholy Death Knight wearing the Acherus Knight starting armor, using Clawing Shadows talent, and wielding the Torch of the Damned.
    Yes cloth wearing thus robe, nature+ shadow auto-attack user hitter who is primarily a caster.

You may include decay but I prefer the term decomposition or rapid aging and sudden death skills. You may throw in CC's tied to aging which would be a curse/disease equivalent of slow let's call it senility/dementia.
    - not centered on leech, probably a new redirected damage mechanics for damage mitigation, an inverse of atonement but on enemies. A few absorbtion would do a probably effigy sacrifice - Regen over time+damage over time to a marionette or effigy if talented can proc to redirect to enemies, think of inverse shadow mend.
    DK is a plate wearer who uses strength and weapon damage as damage sources, this one would rely on his spell damage as additional strike on certain element. Nature for over time, shadow for direct damage and several hybrid spells.

- major class flavor black death, necrotization (since necrosis as spell name is currently used)
    - Grim Reaper, Revenant's Soul, Raving Spirit, Poltergeist, Witch Hunter, Seance, Necromastery, Death's Mark/Mark of Death, Gravekeeper,Dirge/Elegy/Requiem/Lamentation of the Dead
    - Screeching Banshee
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-10-03 at 12:08 PM.

Deleted
    Paladins been deprived of their access to intellect gear and their mana bar stands there useless as a result of game development and design. I cannot see how they are going to excuse the reanimation of intellect use in melee Combat given their direction.
    As for the necromancer I would like to see that happen however I strongly feel that they would need to treat classes another way or scrap some specs to introduce something new without getting in an even more gameplay tuning balancing debate

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Paladins been deprived of their access to intellect gear and their mana bar stands there useless as a result of game development and design. I cannot see how they are going to excuse the reanimation of intellect use in melee Combat given their direction.
    As for the necromancer I would like to see that happen however I strongly feel that they would need to treat classes another way or scrap some specs to introduce something new without getting in an even more gameplay tuning balancing debate
    They could probably use their librams as weapons since wands have been unlocked being off-hand if I'm not mistaken. Like pages of it flying or a holy image of the book being used as projectile. Or using the pages of the book as animation for shield.

By then books, grimoires, librams can be considered a main hand weapon as well.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-10-03 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    You may include decay but I prefer the term decomposition or rapid aging and sudden death skills.
    Within the scope of this discussion, those ARE decay.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Within the scope of this discussion, those ARE decay.
    It is. However due to terms and names being used by one of existing class decay in death and decay spell takes it up so another word analogous to it should be use thus the word decomposition.

It is. However due to terms and names being used by one of existing class decay in death and decay spell takes it up so another word analogous to it should be use thus the word decomposition.
    Death and Decay is necromancy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Death and Decay is necromancy.
    I'm quite aware of that since they are "Death Knight" but in WC3 it was used by the Lich.

Update:
    Witch Hunters: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...TheWitchHunter

Witch Hunting Documentary:
    That was very interesting, thank you for sharing.
    Let my cries chill the living...

What you are describing is literally an unholy death knight with a couple talent choices and careful transmog. They even use diseases (which admittedly don't deal nature damage, but whatever) and cast spells. Nothing you are suggesting for a 'melee necromancer' is anything but a DK with cloth armor. Which is irrelevant at this point, since you can transmog almost any armor type to look like any other armor type if you are careful and creative. Seriously, look at the starting Death Knight "Acherus Knight" armor. It's platemail, that looks identical to black robes. It even has a spooky hood. Use the Spooky Scythe on a Forsaken Death Knight, and you are the grim reaper.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashen View Post
    What you are describing is literally an unholy death knight with a couple talent choices and careful transmog. They even use diseases (which admittedly don't deal nature damage, but whatever) and cast spells. Nothing you are suggesting for a 'melee necromancer' is anything but a DK with cloth armor. Which is irrelevant at this point, since you can transmog almost any armor type to look like any other armor type if you are careful and creative. Seriously, look at the starting Death Knight "Acherus Knight" armor. It's platemail, that looks identical to black robes. It even has a spooky hood. Use the Spooky Scythe on a Forsaken Death Knight, and you are the grim reaper.
    I'm pretty aware that transmogrification wise a plate wearer has more options to wear anything they like but for aesthetical purposes only. What difference would be is class flavor and class mechanics.

Have you seen death knights use the spirit of the dead?They use the strict zombified units, not ghosts,specters or spirits.

DK's purely use shadow. No class has nature-shadow dual element utilization.
    No int class comes in contact to deal true melee range damge just like Holy Paladins used to do in their rotation.

We don't have dedicated "classic" necromancer exclusive look implemented as of yet or even Lich or those specifically who are int type NPC.

Admittingly players wanted a rangr caster who has a unique role of attacking melee range sort of battle mage type. Necromancer class can fulfill that fantasy role.

As and example, there is no mobility spell which has hybrid effect of dealing damage. To be more precise.

Poltergeist
    - Summon a vengeful spirit at the target location to harm and attack nearby enemies nearby. You may click the poltergeist to swap positions after x seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Witchcraft falls under the category of Meleficium:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maleficium_(sorcery)

NGC'S series titled Tabboo on the topic Witchcraft
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-10-04 at 01:32 PM.

Sorry for the one month necro, but I've finally managed to finish a BFA zone without losing interest half way through. Didn't see any other zone questline discussions in lore, so...

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    ^This. And it needs to wear mail and use a bow.

I thought Drustvar would be my favorite zone when I first saw it, but it didn't pan out for me. I wish the coven had been maybe 6-12 named witches with a history, slowly destabilizing the towns rather than than faceless hordes blitzing towns across the zone. The sheer number of them made me wonder why the zone wasn't full of men looking for their lost wives/daughters/sisters.
    Oh absolutely! It reminds me of evil brotherhood organizations in anime and JRPGs like Organization XIII, the Phantom Troupe, the Akatsuki, and Ouroboros. When it's just a big bad and his generic fodder armies, you're not interested. When it's a handful of like-minded people working together, you're interesting in learning more about them, seeing how they develop, and you're afraid for the heroes because they're smart enough to coordinate together.

The wickermen aesthetic is really cool, and I'd hate for it never be used again. I think the Drust aesthetic is so strong, Blizzard could construct a raid around it, but at this point it seems too late for Blizzard to try go down this route. Gorak Tul was a pretty flimsy villain who was defeated twice by the player and a few normies, and the story has already moved on towards Azshara and the N'zoth connection.