Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    That would take more effort.

Stick it up 4%, give it another month then maybe give it another 4%.

Raid tier saved
    Aoe is not UHs problem, ST is the main problem, buffing mainly DC and maybe Wounds and SS by 15-20% would leave us right where we need to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    Aoe is not UHs problem, ST is the main problem, buffing mainly DC and maybe Wounds and SS by 15-20% would leave us right where we need to be.
    Buffing wounds and ss would buff our aoe substationally though, surely?
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2018-10-01 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Edited aotd to aoe :(

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Buffing wounds and ss would buff our aotd substationally though, surely?
    Nobody likes our damage being tied to aotd, another big complain in the official forums.

Deleted
    Nobody likes our damage being tied to aotd, another big complain in the official forums.
    Yeah pets and auto attacks do way too much of our damage.

How much would we actually lose if we afk'd ?

If we're going to have fewer buttons to push, i'd like them to feel a bit more powerful compared to passive damage.

Deleted
    4% is better then nothing although i would really like to see a rework to be honest, not enjoying the style of unholy at the moment!

Deleted
    maybe Wounds
    Wounds died with Legion and the legendary bracers and I highly doubt they will ever come back, some higher up must have really hated that mechanic.
    And to this day I still do not understand why it wasnt possible for a UH to have a pet spec, which would be mechincal intense and for newcomers, due to pet damage (gargoyle, ghoul, AotD) beind easily applied and a wound build for advanced people capable of actually knowing when to apply wounds or switch targets.

Quote Originally Posted by rustaclut View Post
    4% is better then nothing although i would really like to see a rework to be honest, not enjoying the style of unholy at the moment!
    Noo stop with the spec reworks. Fix what they have. They've proven that revamping a spec doesnt fix it, it just adds more problems and unbalance that they dont fix for months

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    Noo stop with the spec reworks. Fix what they have. They've proven that revamping a spec doesnt fix it, it just adds more problems and unbalance that they dont fix for months
    Cant fix what is wrong. Currently unholy is a 3 recource spec, with the flaw that the 3rd resource works as my*****.
    Runes, runic power, festering wounds. Most spec has 1-2 resource. We have 3 on uh. Seems Good....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    Sorry but i agree with DKWarrior it doesn't make sense to have a spec that has so much resource management and so much RNG inside them resources when it can be simplified but made more interesting with a better style of rot damage / pet designs.... we could easily have different type of pets to summon for different play styles and boss fights etc... i just think this class/spec could be sooo amazing it could even kill the want for necromancer class if pushed in the right direction.

The current direction is Mele>Mele>Mele

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rustaclut View Post
    The current direction is Mele>Mele>Mele
    Yup. The auto attack damage, having to be in melee to use Unholy Frenzy properly, Festering. The mechanic of Clawing Shadows has been utterly contradicted now.
    What they want to do with Unholy is a mystery to pretty much every DK player.

I keep flipflopping between unholy and frost because at the moment both feel like a chore to play. Im chalking it up to lack of gear but both just lack that flow (not sure if thats explaining).

Thank god for the Unholy buffs coming tomorrow. Frost is horrid to play. You're putting all of your eggs in one basket, so to speak. If the tanks swing the boss for whatever reason and you suffer the slightest bit of range it prevents you from keeping BoS up (optimally, at least). If you get called on to Grip for Zul, or taking people out in Mythrax, or god forbid you get asked to B Rez someone while BoS is channeling, you've got a decision to make. Maintaining a 25-30 second breath (especially with hero) isn't hard. But scumbagging the boss and having to plan your windows on some of these encounters really does feel like a chore. The thing I hate most is outside of BoS, your damage is laughable.

BoS in Nighthold, when we were channeling for an entire minute or two, felt better than it does now for the simple fact that our other abilities outside of BoS still felt worthwhile and significant.

Unholy is such a smoother playstyle with higher quality of life, more reliable AoE, and only requires you to acquire one weapon. I've been a DK main since the Firelands and until I saw this hotfix buff to Unholy, it was the first time I ever seriously considered maining something else. I think if BoS was slightly nerfed and the rest of the abilities were slightly buffed, it would feel a thousand times better than it currently does.
    Hellborne - US Illidan
    Armory | Warcraft Logs | Raider.IO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellborne87 View Post
    Thank god for the Unholy buffs coming tomorrow. Frost is horrid to play. You're putting all of your eggs in one basket, so to speak. If the tanks swing the boss for whatever reason and you suffer the slightest bit of range it prevents you from keeping BoS up (optimally, at least). If you get called on to Grip for Zul, or taking people out in Mythrax, or god forbid you get asked to B Rez someone while BoS is channeling, you've got a decision to make. Maintaining a 25-30 second breath (especially with hero) isn't hard. But scumbagging the boss and having to plan your windows on some of these encounters really does feel like a chore. The thing I hate most is outside of BoS, your damage is laughable.

BoS in Nighthold, when we were channeling for an entire minute or two, felt better than it does now for the simple fact that our other abilities outside of BoS still felt worthwhile and significant.

Unholy is such a smoother playstyle with higher quality of life, more reliable AoE, and only requires you to acquire one weapon. I've been a DK main since the Firelands and until I saw this hotfix buff to Unholy, it was the first time I ever seriously considered maining something else. I think if BoS was slightly nerfed and the rest of the abilities were slightly buffed, it would feel a thousand times better than it currently does.
    It’s 4%. It will solve nothing. Hope dk’s get mechanicsl fixes to 8.1 like they said in blue posts that devs on the work for fixing classes.

Really love Unholy but yeah its hard to buff our ST without also buffing our AoE...

Currently playing Havoc but am waiting for Unholy buffs so I can reroll back to my old main. As it stands I hate BoS playstyle and Unholy just isnt good enough.

Deleted
    Im really struggling this reset to keep BOS up high enough. Where last week in most of the fights i was top 3 of DPS, im struggling this week to be at the top 10 at some fights.
    It feels like i have so much down time where i just dont have runes or RP and also it feels like i dont have alot of proccs aswell.
    Even our unholy DK is taking over the leader board, on both single target as AOE fights.

I have no idea whats happening this reset ... even with a few small upgrade of gear.
    Ilevel atm is 360 for reference discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Really love Unholy but yeah its hard to buff our ST without also buffing our AoE...

Currently playing Havoc but am waiting for Unholy buffs so I can reroll back to my old main. As it stands I hate BoS playstyle and Unholy just isnt good enough.
    Not really, they could buff our pet damage, buff the damage of DC and decrease the damage of VP. Increase the damage of AotD, FS, Gargoyle. There's plenty of options that they could tweak. Some burst/frontloaded damage for UH would be great, like an ability to infect the target with 6 wounds on a cooldown for burst

Deleted
    We will getting back Lichborne but causes 30% slow :’D
    Cant believe this....pvp only, replaces ibf.

Gg blizz
    Last edited by mmocce1a1323c7; 2018-10-04 at 07:32 AM.

Yeah let's increase AoTD danage so it becomes even more reliant. I already hate that 1 cd makes a huge portion of our damage.

Could we not just get gargoyle baseline then replace the talent with something that could compete with UF
    Maybe something like DT is extended by 10-15 seconds

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Is blood actually that good? I haven't tanked on a blood dk since cata, but decided to revisit it this time because i'm fucking sick of queues and unholy feels clunky as shit, and it only feels okayish to me. Death Strike healing seems low, and runic power generation seems slow. The second point will probably get better with more haste, but death strike still feels a lot weaker than it used to be.
    Of the tank specs I've tried myself or have seen up close often enough to form a usable opinion, only Vengeance seems to come close. Both prots lag far behind, bear I have only seen once and it seems just decent, BrM I only have at 111 and scaling makes her a god for a few more levels - what then, we shall see.
    But in short, I think my VDH friend had to use a lot of brainpower to keep up with me, if only because VDH self-healing and mitigation are separate skills consuming the same resource. He also had to respec for certain fights, while I just keep my damage-focused heretic build and still survive effortlessly.