Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlae View Post

Mm, except I'm not talking about a moderator action. I'm talking about a LACK of moderation action~ GG, bye. Also, Devolore for reference? His idea of 'toxic' is this.

"the term "toxic" specifically refers to behaviors that spread throughout a community. This is a very important distinction.'

But nice deflection, you're already fit to be CM. "We know this breaks the rules but, we're not gonna action it because we don't feel like it. Unless you do something I personally don't like, then I will."
    I hope that you know as well as I that you're willfully ignoring the spirit of those rules, and discussing the philosophy of moderation, as well as whether or not a moderator takes action does fall under those categories- please take any complaints higher than me. In case you don't realize that, I am stating it here.

On topic, I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here anymore.

You said that the WoW community is not toxic.
    Then you said that toxicity was "curse words and aggressive behavior," which the Warcraft community expresses constantly- spread throughout the community from website to website and platform to platform. Now you are changing your definition of toxic to Lore's definition?

What kind of entitled prick is going to try to get a forum mod fired for venting about their job? The mod is right, you're the type of entitled shithead that gives gamers a bad name. Let mods vent.

Quote Originally Posted by scmpoe View Post
    Lmao if you think one of the more famous faces of blizzard-wow makes 30-50k per year.
    Have any proof he makes more?

Deleted
    freedom of speech is a challenging concept, the most challenging part being reciprocity.

what is to prefer: corporate (identity) totalitarism or humanely individualism? probably the latter develops better games...

also these tweets wrnt wow related specifically btw.

I'm always happy when the CMs call out dipshits. I will never forget Eyonix calling out that one guy that was trying to look cool by making fun an an "ERPer" and revealing that the ERPer in question was the guy's alt.

If you have a problem with Lore, another employee, or WoW itself, use the proper channels to air your grievances. Don't harass someone on their private account over a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    OP just puts off that whole "I want to speak to your manager" vibe.
    Puts off the vibe, hell OP is the person who eats an entire meal then refuses to pay because he didn't like it. Had to be sure it was as bad bite one as the final bite. Benefit of the doubt and all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatever Dude View Post
    How the heck is that any way appropriate?
    You represent your company no matter who you post as or what you do online. Would you be 100% okay telling your company everything that you post? The customer is not always right, they just think they are always right. There is no reason why he can't block people on his personal twitter or call out behavior/things he doesn't like. He may or may not have violated a Blizzard social media policy but he is not bad on some grander moral code.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Have any proof he makes more?
    Extremely quick google search.

Do you think one of Blizzard's lead CMs makes more or less than average?

He's completely within his rights, and completely correct to block dickbags. Fuck'em all, and fuck OP while we're at it.

Those bunch of CMs are fucking cowards and slackers who only reply to silly threads like someone announcing their birthday or threads praising blizzard to the sky by white knights and sycophants. They are nowhere to be seen in threads that are critical of the game, no matter how constructive the criticism may be. They are a bunch of cowards who deserve to be flamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    freedom of speech is a challenging concept, the most challenging part being reciprocity.

what is to prefer: corporate (identity) totalitarism or humanely individualism? probably the latter develops better games...

Shhhhhh don't let the context monster get in the way of their feigned outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Those bunch of CMs are fucking cowards and slackers who only reply to silly threads like someone announcing their birthday or threads praising blizzard to the sky by white knights and sycophants. They are nowhere to be seen in threads that are critical of the game, no matter how constructive the criticism may be. They are a bunch of cowards who deserve to be flamed.
    ANd you are the type of player that makes me continue to back Lore in this. You are the type of player the game needs to be rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post

I wonder how good of a salary that is when you consider where he lives =P

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Ever think they're told not to respond and to take threads like that to Devs, get a corporate response or just give the feedback? Ya, know so someone doesn't point to it and go you promised X. Not every thread needs a pat on the back. Simple threads like B-day etc are PR and CM friendly because its pretty safe to respond and not get any backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post

Actually, freedom of speech is a challenging concept to you. Speech is only free of government regulation. Bliizzard entertainment is not the government. So, Blizzard absolutely has the right to fire Lore for that if they choose.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Actually, freedom of speech is a challenging concept to you. Speech is only free of government regulation. Bliizzard entertainment is not the government. So, Blizzard absolutely has the right to fire Lore for that if they choose.
    But they probably won't, because that would be stupid.

https://www.bestplaces.net/cost_of_l...ifornia/irvine and if you read that Irvine California has one of the highest costs of living in the country. 85K in Irvine is like 25K in the midwest

Cost of living there is 4 times the US average and almost twice the California average, which is already considered the highest in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I wonder how good of a salary that is when you consider where he lives =P
    https://www.bestplaces.net/cost_of_l...t_found/irvine

like 40k elsewhere in the USA I'd guess based just on the above link.

https://www.quora.com/How-good-is-85...a-for-a-family

10+ Year Old Account
    It's his private, personal Twitter. Not affiliated with his work. He's perfectly entitled to call out or complain about people who troll and spew vitriol to his private twitter- especially, when, in the context of his personal Twitter, he often posts his reactions to politics and current world events- and he's Left-leaning, so of course a sizeable number of "dickbags" start in on him. Doens't necessarily have anything to do with WoW.

I see absolutely no issue here. We don't own every moment of his life- thinking we do is the highest form of entitlement.
    I tend to agree but a lot of Blizzard people have account with descriptions that emphasize their work, avatars the same and even sometimes usernames too. Doing that blurs the line between off time and on the job time.

Plus, frankly, he could just block/mute people and not make the comment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is the general public allowed to talk to them, or anyone else, the way they do online?

This seems like a regular person having an incredibly lowkey reaction compared to insane amount of hateful garbage being thrown at them.

Josh just went up on stage and not only got boo'd off but got rotten fruit and vegetables thrown at him. "Fuck today" is a reasonable response.

Especially if that were me, I'd be still on stage screaming at the crowd.
    When I went up the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today. I wish I wish he'd go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    Whale Shark is the devourer of the slow moving and inattentive. This includes plankton, whales, and AFK players.

Whale Shark swims where and how it pleases. Whale Shark /spits on your science.