Page 29 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Look. Another person who doesn’t realize millenials were born in the mid-90’s at the latest.
    I think it is the 'millennial' word that confuses people, as it WOULD technically describe people being born in the new millennia.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatagarasu View Post
    Still that is very unprofessional of him. I remember one woman dev from Guild Wars 2 was harassing and spewing hatred on men for calmly critisizing her methods or even just asking questions about her work. She got fired and rightfully so. If Lore does apologize for that I don't think there is a reason to fire him, and no, it's not fair, you are right. But it cannot be denied that it's very unprofessional even if some people were complete dicks to him. He can block people on twitter silently without calling others dickbags and writing about it.
    The example you're listing was when that employee completely lost her shit, directly towards a commenter who very politely and reasonably offered constructive criticism on branching plots in MMORPGs. She directly responded to those comments with completely overblown attacks against him, as though he had directly attacked or insulted her or her work which was not at all what had happened.

In Lore's tweet, he is effectively saying "I get random arseholes giving me shit on the internet, and I block them".

It isn't a targetted attack against a specific user, it doesn't even insinuate that it's about the WoW playerbase or customers. Who are you to say what he can or cannot write on his personal twitter when it quite literally offends no one, except maybe those who deserve it for being toxic man-children?

Either way, your comparison is ridiculous and really just proves that you have no decent argument against his behaviour beyond the usual "I HAVE NO POINT AND I MUST SCREAM" irrational angst.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Look. Another person who doesn’t realize millenials were born in the mid-90’s at the latest.
    Always find it funny when people who are probably millennials rant about millennials.

I'm a millennial. I'm also nearly 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    If they're toxic, they totally should call them out on it. All this "Corporate persons should be calm and polite no matter what shit we throw at them" need to go away.
    And yet, if they really need to call them out on that, they could do it in a polite manner, because yaknow, they are representing the company.

And also, the "I'm not listening to you because me >>> you" is never, EVER okay if you are supposed to be the guy that is supposed to LISTEN to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    What about sarcam?
    Is Sarcam some russian thing too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, it’s people who came of age with the dawning of the new millenium.
    I know, but I think that is what confuses some ^^
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Don't see the issue, if he directly stated "Blizzard and its fanbase are a bunch of dick sucking wank stains" then i'm sure there would be a problem. But he didn't. He just stated that he blocked people because of reasons xyz; there's nothing wrong with that. Even if it's heavily implied that he is in fact talking about the WoW fanbase which, to be fair, is understandable. Who wouldn't go home and bitch about their job all day if all they did was get moaned at 24/7 about something that you can do very little to change? It is his job but come the fuck on, he's human, he's going to occasionally need to switch off robot mode and let off some steam.

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    so you think its good idea to say paying customers they are dickheads because he can't take anymore what they say to him
    Yes. I run a successful business, and when a customer crosses the line, I tell them to do business elsewhere. More often then not, they do a half-apology and change the tone.

The problem with anonymous messages on the internet is that you're not talking to a sane, normal person. There is no argument there, nothing to say, you just go through a bunch of little shits' messages that is spitting random rubbish about you and the company that you work for. That is a dickhead move, and just because it is a paying customer, doesn't change the fact that he is a dickhead.

You probably don't understand what people like him go through. It's not messages: "hey, this doesn't work. it's irresponsible and im disappointed...", it's "hey, you dickfaces, you suck, your game is cancer, i hope you...". Imagine reading messages like that daily, because some random kid is protected by anonimity on the internet, and he's writing that because he didn't get a mount in game or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I think it is the 'millennial' word that confuses people, as it WOULD technically describe people being born in the new millennia.
    So I wasn't wrong with my joke? xD

- - - Updated - - -

Look, another person missing my joke completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Deluxo View Post
    Dude... really? You are actually bothered by this? damn dude get over urself.

He actually is not even only be a bit bothered by this ... he made the same post on the reddit and god knows where else aswell.

Sometimes i really think people have WAAAAY to much spare time...... jeesus christ

10+ Year Old Account
    They should learn to look up words instead of ascribing meaning to them.
    Well, that is the advice to half the internet, and you know it. Haha.

As much I dont like the guy and his smug atitude thowards the wow comunity which he was a part of not long ago. This tweets were his own

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    I'm a millennial. I'm also nearly 40.
    Then you're too old to be a millennial, you're either Gen X or a Xennial.

I think on the forums it's warranted (regardless I disagree with what he said).

If you're prepared to give someone shit and often unwarranted, unfounded shit for the sake of just causing drama, you should be ready to get it back.

I've just finished working seasonally in my job, if I get a smart arse in with me they're going to get it. Depends on what the person says / does is a factor on how I deal with them. But more often than not I'll just take the piss back until they leave. I've had someone threaten my boss because he thought he was exempt on the no refund policy with the BB guns. That piece of shit I squared off with and told him he could leave on his own accord or I'd throw him out on his arse. The other day I had a pair of racists in who kicked off because a muslim woman skipped the que. It wasn't her fault I just didn't notice the que and asked her if she was ready. To them, I treated the pair like they were a couple of 12 years olds.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    The example you're listing was when that employee completely lost her shit, directly towards a commenter who very politely and reasonably offered constructive criticism on branching plots in MMORPGs. She directly responded to those comments with completely overblown attacks against him, as though he had directly attacked or insulted her or her work which was not at all what had happened.

In Lore's tweet, he is effectively saying "I get random arseholes giving me shit on the internet, and I block them".

It isn't a targetted attack against a specific user, it doesn't even insinuate that it's about the WoW playerbase or customers. Who are you to say what he can or cannot write on his personal twitter when it quite literally offends no one, except maybe those who deserve it for being toxic man-children?

Either way, your comparison is ridiculous and really just proves that you have no decent argument against his behaviour beyond the usual "I HAVE NO POINT AND I MUST SCREAM" irrational angst.
    Calm yourself, no need to jump on me for that. I kind of see the difference between two cases, but even then, I would apologize. You can always block assholes without publicly announcing it.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    So are you a representation of YOUR EMPLOYER on your off time too? Do you feel YOU should be fired if you sound off on YOUR PRIVATE social media about your job?
    Some cultures have very distorted and unhealthy way of totally forgetting that employees have life, feelings and what nots outside work

TOTALLY non-related joke: Whats the difference between America and a yogurt? Leave yogurt alone for 200years and it will develop a culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever Dude View Post

I don't care that his twitter account is "private", that's a load of bull. He represents Blizzard regardless of whether he's "CMLore" or "Josh Allen". This kind of blatant unprofessional attitude and antagonism towards the WoW playerbase is extremely uncalled for. Before you strawman me with anonymous twitter trolls being unbearable, realize that he's condescending on the official forums as well, and you don't need a lot of brainpower to put two and two together that he's referring directly to paying WoW customers as "dickbags".

How the heck is that any way appropriate?
    Some paying wow customers are dickbags, this is a private account not his Blizzard account. If people are spewing hate toward a Blizzard employee personal Twitter account then yeah why can't he talk like this. I would rather see how he really feels (kinda the point of twitter) rather than a filtered version of someone.

Would you find the guy who fucked your order up at McDonalds Twitter and start calling them names and shit? That guy might be pissed to if you did that.

Why apologize ?
    He's 100% in his right regarding HIS OWN twitter account.

Some idiots try to stir this up and link it to his unprofessionalism.

Apologize because PR ?
    The morons who try to make this into an argument cannot grasp the concept of apology.
    On the other hand, apologizing would make it seem like, in plenty of empty heads, it's ok to follow someone off work and harass them when you're dissatisfied with their company's work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Do you have a job? Probably not. But if you did and people harassed you on your personal social media account about things your employer did, would that be fair?
    Do you have a representative job in PR? Probably not. If you did, you would probably realize there is no such thing as privacy in the internet when you are representing a big gaming company.

Also - he and Ion are the guys who shape communication with players. They should hire people who know how to do that job. Arrogance doesn’t sell in the market they push WoW into. It would sell in some markets but they are relatively small.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyhtt View Post
    Some paying wow customers are dickbags, this is a private account not his Blizzard account. If people are spewing hate toward a Blizzard employee personal Twitter account then yeah why can't he talk like this. I would rather see how he really feels (kinda the point of twitter) rather than a filtered version of someone.

Would you find the guy who fucked your order up at McDonalds Twitter and start calling them names and shit? That guy might be pissed to if you did that.
    Your McD analogy is flawed - they don’t have their customer base and products in them internetz.

For anyone working in internet PR it’s very much basic to assume everything you do will be tracked, monitored and linked. If you wanna vent - do it offline. Anything else is just unprofessional at best.