Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    5-10 abilities.
    pet and mount tab
    void storage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Well back in classic you were not only define by your gear (as it is live) but had to live through your reputation as a raider as worse geared good dpser could out-dps better geared players. No cross server made it so. Also the gap between T1 -T3 was much lower than what we have now on live between first and last tier (even though we do not have tiers anymore). But you are right about resist gear. I just think there are otherfactors as well.

Rated PvP: challenging only at the highest rating. Rest as un-interesting tunnel Zerg fest ending in 5min Max. And I was glad in BC as SL SL lock (fotm back then).
    As for multiple difficulties: That last part is the essence of what went wrong since ToC in WotLK imo. You do not need multiple difficulties to have hard content. Average Joe was not clearing Sunwell at the end of BC. Same as casual guilds rarely had AQ40 or Naxx on farm. The only smart way to do it imo was Ulduar hard modes. That was really clever.
    My point is, instead of have a new difficulty I think it was much more interesting to work my to toward a harder different raid.
    I get your point on multiple difficulties. I don't mind casual players seeing bosses at all, but keeping everyone interested and being able to see content requires those difficulty layers , the big side effect is huge gaps in power between tiers. I would not see much difference if there was only mythic level raid, probably would feel some pride, but sadly most players would miss out, even if they could enter it later in expansion via pugs to kill couple of bosses. Or challenge for mythic raiders would be low. Challenge modes were essentially higher difficulty anyway, as it dropped better loot, so if each boss had a hard mode to give raiders more chellenge, that would essentially be the same as it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    so many ppl talk about AOE looting, and i thought the reason i didn't aoe loot because i was noob and never knew it was in-game
    seems that they added it later in TBC, and i didn't 'know' it because it didn't exist when i started lol
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    It's almost as if playing classic WoW is entirely voluntarily so complaining about not having modern features appears like a thinly veiled attempt to encourage changes.

Free respeccing.

Updated character models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Addons read the combat log for your damage VS Mob % HP. It quickly gave a decent guess for actual HP number(s).
    Then they'd get saved in a database that would occasionally have to reset due to size limit or something.
    I know that. But it's just that: An estimate and the number fluctuates. Why can't something as simple as that exist in the base UI?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    AOE Looting.

Or would running the modern client let us keep such features?
    I dont think so. How can Blizzard define what QoL improvements are allowed to be in classic and what do not? If Blizz will add any - some people will complain "its not classic!" and some other people will complain "You added A, why didnt you add B?!". 99% not a single QoL improvement will be added. Personally I'd like to some things to stay - like AoE loot, mount\pet tabs, bigger stack size and some others, but that just me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Well back in classic you were not only define by your gear (as it is live) but had to live through your reputation as a raider as worse geared good dpser could out-dps better geared players. No cross server made it so. Also the gap between T1 -T3 was much lower than what we have now on live between first and last tier (even though we do not have tiers anymore). But you are right about resist gear. I just think there are otherfactors as well.

Rated PvP: challenging only at the highest rating. Rest as un-interesting tunnel Zerg fest ending in 5min Max. And I was glad in BC as SL SL lock (fotm back then).
    As for multiple difficulties: That last part is the essence of what went wrong since ToC in WotLK imo. You do not need multiple difficulties to have hard content. Average Joe was not clearing Sunwell at the end of BC. Same as casual guilds rarely had AQ40 or Naxx on farm. The only smart way to do it imo was Ulduar hard modes. That was really clever.
    My point is, instead of have a new difficulty I think it was much more interesting to work my to toward a harder different raid.
    I also liked when you could activate hardmode by yourself, not just clicking the option before raid. Ulduar design was the best imo, sadly Blizz abandoned it. I remember they wrote a post why they did it, but I cant remember actually why.

Pets, mounts, toys, etc. collection tabs. All things I collected, and still collect, that made my bank soooo crowded.

The reagent bank for literally any alt that isn't a double-gatherer where I just dump everything onto the bank alt.

The enhanced AH/mailbox features that let you post multiple identical auctions at once, open all your mail with one button, and such. If there is not an addon that adds this I will not play it, period.

The vendor mounts. Even if it took you a while, you do have one of these by now (16k has been chump change for years) and you have forgotten all about the frustration of having a full inventory and having to find your way to the nearest vendor and/or mailbox, which especially back then was often miles away. (and we had smaller inventories, so it happened more often)

edit: Holy crap I forgot about AoE looting. It's literally been the case so long I forgot that it was ever not a feature.

Rogue stealth not having a 50% speed penalty untalented. Not playing a rogue in classic again, that's for sure.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-10-01 at 03:36 PM.

finely tuned classes that dont hold you in one role for the ENTIRE GAME. Classic was ass compared to current wow in terms of class tuning, building, and raid roles. #FACTS

An actual dps rotation.

I think the game gonna be realeased with a lot QOL changes, like AOE looting, more space in bags, etc... or only gonna be played by the 100 mmo champion elitist that say vanilla was the holy grial

Unlimited debuff slots will be missed. It hasn't been mentioned much but most classes were straight up not allowed to use a good chunk of their abilities because you would knock a good debuff like thunderfury or nightfall of the debuff table.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do think there will be some Quality of Life changes made to Classic from the Current Game:

• Achievements System (already announced)
    • Mount Tab (Would be surprised if left out)
    • X-Mog (Hinted at)
    • Void Bank (Same as X-Mog)
    • Mats Bank Tab
    • Mats Stackable to 200
    • Can craft using Mats in Bank
    • Bank and Bad Organizing Interface

Those are the ones that make the most sense to me. Oh and the First Aid Profession will be back. I don't think we will get Heirlooms but we might get Faction Tabards for the playable races (SW, Org, etc.). We might also get some of the Race/Class Combinations introduced in Cata like Human Hunter and Orc Mage (Shaman and Pally would both still be Faction Exclusive).
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    With all the excitement I am feeling about Warcraft Classic what are going to be some current features you are going to miss when WoW Classic comes out.

I will admit there are going to be some things I miss ...

Pet and Mount tabs
    I couldn't count how many times I left by mount in my bank back in vanilla having your mount be in your bags again is going to be a weird feeling to try and get used to again, the same goes for pets. :P
    Functioning AH, working group finder, my bag space from soulshards, mounts tab, stuff to do when not raiding, aoe looting

Guildbank, but still #nochanges

Nothing, stop it. They are different games. If I want anything from wow live I'll just play wow live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

We'll see how popular Classic WoW is and remains. I don't think it will be a hit. It may be a nostalgia trip for some, but it will wear off.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Dailies and residual income...

Gold making required effort... find a worthwhile profession and craft. You won't need to worry about mounts if you can't afford one.

If I miss anything it will be transmog. I love being able to look the way I want to look.

Quest objectives on the map. I don't want to read about killing wolves and shit, just give me a fucking spot and let me go wreck shit without reading please.