Poll: Will Classic Fail ?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Anyone who thinks massif will fail is just salty the main game is so terrible right now
    Insert cringe politically charged signature here

Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    Before i start id like to mention that i did experience classic wow and this is my opinion,i might be wrong but i really doubt it.The only good thing about classic was the community and nostalgia.I will always remember my first orc warrior character,it was an amazing feeling,the music,graphics,ambience etc.

I also remember my first time doing quests in a group with another person,it was such amazing feeling back then,while thats not a big deal today.I remember clearing The Black Temple in TBC for the first time,i was talking about it for days with my friends.Classic was the first experience of WoW for us,people were knew to the game,curios and careful thats why the community was way better back then.Today,we learned the game,most of us want faster gameplay/progression,less grinding,faster leveling (some even want to get rid of leveling) more content etc.

Most you dont remember or simply refuse to admit that vanilla was way worse then you think.Leveling could take months,griding was horrible,no mounts till lvl 40 (which were expensive as hell),raids/dungeons mechanics were so simple and bad in comparsion to modern ones,no transmog,you looked pretty much the same as other 200 guild members.Eating for 2 mins after every god damn fight,class imbalance was so bad that we could call legion the king of pvp,i remember quite well retri paladins and pom pyro mages literally one shotting people.No draenei and blood elves,no paladins in horde and shamans in alliance,no LFR,dungeon finder - where you could spam for hours and eventually wipe the raid in 10 mins and leave,then repeat.

There is tons of other things to mention but i dont want to make this thread huge.I understand that SOME of you like this,but i completely disagree that vanilla is liked by the majority of people and is better than current wow.I can bet that vanilla servers wont reach over 500k subs.Many will realize this and go back to retail,just watch and mark my words.However, good luck to you, im not going back to fight against my nostalgia.

If blizzard can figure out a way to add new content but retain the same systems that made Vanilla what it was then I think it will be a huge success. If their plan is to just have us replay the same content then it will grow stale and eventually die out.

I think Blizz sees this as a really easy way to score some cash. Start with a nostalgic players base, add a game that was made 14 years ago sprinkle in the fact that many of those players now have jobs and money and BAM! Instant success!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    In what universe :S

Vanilla was a horrific mess full of unbalanced classes, bugs and terrible content. Even at a low point (BFA) it still beats vanilla out of the water.

But have fun grinding Tyr's Hand for eternity.
    Vanilla doesnt have endless grinds
    Have fun grinding Azerite for the next 2 years
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    I mean, that is technically true since they won't be adding anything new. But it will still have grinds aplenty like pretty much any other point in the game's lifespan.

7+ Year Old Account
    Classic will probably explode during its first month of people wanting to try and recapture the felling of playing wow as teens.
    It won't.

However, I don't think it will fail. It will probably have a small but dedicated playerbase
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Classic will have more subs than bfa/modern garbage wow.
    LOL, yes ofc it was. You prefer useless talents, imbalanced classes, old graphics, basically nothing to do except grinding timbermaw rep, farming soul shards, buying regents before raids, huge 40 man mess raids with a massive gearing curve, taking 30 mins to sort out groups due to group only buffs, 0 bag space etc etc....

Yes ofc

I LITERALLY LOL'ed at this.
    Everything in the original release was a grind. Enjoy.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    My theory: We'll get about 2 million at launch, give or take a few hundred thousand. After three months, half of those will have dropped off. After six months, at least another couple hundred thousand. At that point, things will stabilize and we'll have around a million (again, give or take a few hundred thousand) consistent players of Classic.

Is that a success? Considering they said they'd run it if only 'tens of people played it', yes, very much so.

Failure is perception.

D2 is still being played today. Starcraft 1 is still being played today. WOW Vanilla is still being played today. Because they don't currently reach millions of players, are they considered modern failures? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would i grind Azerite, it's useless to me.

I would bet that of the people who think they want Classic and actually create a new character:

20% will quit before level 20.
    60% will quit before level 40.
    85% will quit before level 60.
    90% will quit before they're successful in raiding.

Maybe that last 10% will sustain the game mode. You could still be talking about tens of thousands of people, theoretically.

Deleted
    Yes, i think at the start it will be sucessful and quite a few will play but numbers will dwindle as the initial craze wears off and most see how terrible it can actually be. A few hardcore will stay and finish the content and will progressively lose interest as theres nothing else to do, and will only log in sporadicly to roll some faces in pvp with their OP gear.

Without content support the game will die population wise in a couple of years and will be basically a maintnance game much like Guild wars 1 is these days.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-10-01 at 07:07 PM.

Why is it that every time I see threads like these, they assume that people already haven't tried private servers and decided that they like it?

Couldn't give a rats ass about BfA kiddies crying about class homogenization or new models. Keep playing retail if you want your garbage azerite gameplay.

Classic isn't for you to begin with, you already have your game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qil View Post
    If u played 100 years ago u know what 's going on in Classic. Are u first time in Classic? U will see everyting in few months. No new content, no group finders, smaller Azeroth, no mounts etc.. But huge hope and a lot of nostalgia. It will fail faster than WoD
    Pre-Cataclysm Azeroth is new for those who haven't seen it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jcachia View Post
    LOL, yes ofc it was. You prefer useless talents, imbalanced classes, old graphics, basically nothing to do except grinding timbermaw rep, farming soul shards, buying regents before raids, huge 40 man mess raids with a massive gearing curve, taking 30 mins to sort out groups due to group only buffs, 0 bag space etc etc....

Yes ofc
    Yeah I do.

i predict big surge at the start and if blizzard creates more servers for it a few months later when the initial hype has died down we will get a sea of dead servers

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    I don't think most ppl know what they are getting into tbh....

I'd pay to see the face of a player when he realise his warrior defensive CD has a 1hour recharge. Like retaliate had during vanilla. Somehow I don't think ppl will adjust to that.

Or when they realise their beloved spec is utterly crap and if Blizz remain true to the real vanilla it will be crap forever.

So I voted yes, it will fail.

Sure they could (and should) fire the server and forget it evens exists because if they start tweaking stuff it will cause more problems than solutions... no matter what ppl will cry... either the purists or the ones after qol.
    You do realize that a lot of us are multiple private server veterans with multiple R14s or have tried it and already decided that we like vanilla better? You guys pretend like private servers don't exist and aren't huge.

No........Vanila was shit but the memories i made will live on. I really hope that just a tiny bit of that community feeling will comeback. However i will a also say yes there is alot of people with rose tinted glasses who will be in for a rude Awakening

Depends what you expect for it to be considered a failure or success.

I think it will be successful to some degree. It will not be a "messiah", its gonna be something for those who craved and wanted to "go back in time for good".
    At start plenty will play, then probably like 10-20% of what was rolled will be active. It will not be super popular as a lot of people will get burned on how demanding the game will be and not being able to do all and quick etc. It is a time investment, so prolly a lot of will be disappointed.

It will remain with stable player base. If not for shit what the prv servers are I would prolly play them, but I just wait for Blizz edition and I am sure there are quite a few in same state.

There will be high end guilds etc. just at a smaller degree, no one really (c'mon!) is expecting Classic to be huge.

If youre going with "wont reach 500k" but will be half of that - it will be successful, actually.

For all what it is worth, I really want to experience classic since I skipped both classic and tbc.
    I can only long for the wotlk day's since bfa and legion couldn't keep me interested and leave me ubsubbed within 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It doesn't need 4 million daily players to be successfull.

I'm sure Classic will have it's own constant, but smaller playerbase. Even way less that one million is fine.
    If an active live wow sub comes with classic wow I think it we'll do decent.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-10-01 at 07:23 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!