Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Err... no. You do realize your poll is only addressed to "future Classic players", right? It's literally the first thing in the question. People who have an active subscription but don't plan to play Classic in the future (such as myself) don't have a valid option to pick, and therefore won't answer your poll.

A 'future classic player' can be the current 'modern wow player' which makes your point invalid.

7+ Year Old Account
    A-a-a-and done
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    Yes and no.
    Its biased to put it in here technically but in reality this subforum seems to be more filled with ppl who have zero interest in vanilla, but do have interest to tell it at least once a day.
    Its mostly sad and bored retailers like the previous posts who enjoy Bfa so much they have to shitpost in the classic section.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    2200 vs 1700

More people are NOT playing since old WoW, than more are playing currently Modern Wow.
    The best you could say is "The majority of people interested in playing Classic WoW are not currently playing Modern WoW". Even that is disingenuous given the lack of representational sampling.

If you wanted an honest poll, there'd be three options:

Playing modern WoW, going to play Classic
    Playing modern WoW, not going to play Classic
    Not playing modern WoW, going to play Classic
    (yes there is the not doing either, but that is a trivial response given what the poll is interested in)

and you'd post that everywhere you could reach as many WoW players as possible. Even then, you'd only find the more "dedicated" players who also frequent forums, which is not representative of the majority of the player base. Most WoW players, modern & classic, do not go to the forums.

So either the poll was improperly constructed and "advertised" (quite possible since most people do not know the basics of polling) or it was made with malicious intent to push a narrative.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

A 'future classic player' can be the current 'modern wow player' which makes your point invalid.
    His point is totally valid, you exclude those that already have a subscription but will not play classic ...

Also expect many who say "I will play classic" to be gone again after a couple of months when they realise they didn't quite remember all the "other stuff" that was missing in vanilla.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I still bath in tokens in my bags.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you know what a 'representative sample' is? No? Go look it up.
    Representative samples are only relevant when said poll is targeted randomly.

This is like posting a poll in thedonald and asking if they think he is doing a good job.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Deleted
    What about people who buy game time with gold? What about people who play with game cards?

This poll is not worth the code it was created with.

I have a BFA sub, I enjoy the game mainly for social aspects, and I just like having a checklist of things to get done (i.e weekly keystone, normal/heroic uldir, emissary, island weekly) then just goof around with friends, hunt mounts, achievements etc. Classic will be nice to fill that grinding itch from time to time to chance the pace of things.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

I unsubbed last week, I re-subbed like I always do at the beginning of the expansion hoping to get the same feel from the game. But honestly I think that shit Sailed with the release of MOP. After Cata the game went to shit and I have not enjoyed it since. Hoping for a very early 2019 Classic release or I will probably just move along and not step back on Azeroth.

2200 vs 1700

More people are NOT playing since old WoW, than more are playing currently Modern Wow.
    That's not that the data from that poll says. If I wanted to play Classic, and my subscription ended last week, I'd still fit into the "Classic player with no currently active subscription" category.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    A-a-a-and done
    Oh look, 676 subbed to 150 unsubbed. it's almost as if the strawpoll is fake news or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    So either the poll was improperly constructed and "advertised" (quite possible since most people do not know the basics of polling) or it was made with malicious intent to push a narrative.
    I would be willing to bet cash money this is probably the case...

granted, it's not really the kinda bet that would ever get resolved so eh.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Oh look, 676 subbed to 150 unsubbed. it's almost as if the strawpoll is fake news or something.
    Or it could mean a different group of voters.

MMO-C is mainly a WoW fansite which likely has more active Fans compared to an anonymous Strawpoll that doesn't need a fansite account to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Or it could mean a different group of voters.

MMO-C is mainly a WoW fansite which likely has more active Fans compared to an anonymous Strawpoll that doesn't need a fansite account to vote.
    Which could indicate that either the link was shared elsewhere or bot voting.

10+ Year Old Account
    My 30 accounts voted yes
    Have a good day mate.

This poll proves that more people will return to Classic than there are Modern Wow players.
    Then most of them will leave after 1 month.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Then most of them will leave after 1 month.
    Why do people keep pulling shit like this out of their asses?

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Sad part is you are not wrong, a few hours ago that poll was 70-30 in favor of yes but classic players cant have that so now its going the other way.
    But this is on MMO-C. This subforum is spammed every day by idiots saying "WHY DOES PEOPLE LIEK CLASIC ITS SHIT!!!1". So no poll on this site is representative of anything but the readership of this site.

You only need to look at the other polls like "How many end bosses have you killed in each expansion", "what M+ level do you do?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirain7 View Post
    Why do people keep pulling shit like this out of their asses?
    Because this subforum is 90% trolls

Deleted
    will classic be completely free?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blinzi View Post
    will classic be completely free?
    half the price for subscription - that's the latest rumour