Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I prefer armor with secondary stats and functional specs over azerite gear, but at least they try to justify and fix their feature.
    Several of the traits that are considered the “best” mathematically turn out to be some of the simplest mechanically, which reinforces the sense that the system isn’t really affecting gameplay.
    Bugs me really hard. Most specs dont have traits that could change their gameplay, tune it all you want, but this wont change.

There is just so much wrong with every possibility of introducing new items and new traits in this system right now.

If you want to keep this feature redesign the whole t3 ring, make gear farmeable in mythic+ and remove respec costs or let us chose our traits.

The reason they don't want to add them to M+ is twofold:

1. The ilvl is fixed in 15 increments and it can't wf/tf. Once you have 370 in every slot with the traits you want, you'll never get better, so having these drop will be seen as "wasted loot chances" and they want to avoid that. Likewise, a 355 piece will continue to drop in +8s, which some people would not like.

2. They want this to be a very long intentional grind to get good azerite pieces. It's a retention mechanism. Note the cap on reliably obtainable azerite, at 370, so you'll still have a reason to grind out mythic raids, and hope to get lucky from M+ cache.

The simpler solution is to let M+ scale all the way up to mythic gear (no problem with +15s rewarding 385 gear, including 385 azerite), and just let M+ drop azerite gear. They could even add the caveat that you can't get azerite except when the dungeon drops exactly the same ilvl as the azerite piece (355 pieces from 5s, 370 pieces from 10s, 385s from 15s). A better solution is to make azerite pieces crafted. We have all these dungeon and raid crafting materials that almost nobody can even use. That makes them *too* accessible so that'll never happen.

Blizzard has no intention of the simplest implementation, nor will they be doing anything whatsoever with traits being fixed per piece rather than changing per spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Still have to sim everything - this problem becomes worse by adding another ring of traits.
    People are simming every piece of loot drops not just azerite gear

10+ Year Old Account
    more rings doesn't solve it

first ring= first spec 1 talent for heals 1 talent for damage 1 talent for survivability
    second ring= second spec 1 talent for heals 1 talent for damage 1 talent for survivability
    third ring= third spec 1 talent for heals 1 talent for damage 1 talent for survivability
    they keep their same system but it's more organised

or
    first ring=survivability 1 talent for first spec 1 talent for second spec 1 talent for third spec
    second ring= heals 1 talent for first spec 1 talent for second spec 1 talent for third spec
    third ring= damage 1 talent for first spec 1 talent for second spec 1 talent for third spec

they keep their same interface but the talents are more organised
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    oo wooow... Emissary cache can scale up to 370 in 8.1??? Wow!!! That solves eeeeeverything... lol.... what a fucking joke. Just make them available from mythic+ and boom everyone will stop complaining about not being able to get them.
    Make them available anywhere people are playing. No reason to be shoehorned into any particular playstyle.

As much as I like BFA, the azerite system is pretty shit honestly, and this won't fix it. It is better than nothing, but still, emissary rewards are supposed to be the cure to random acquisition of armor? Unless these rewards will happen like on a fixed schedule, for example once per week, it will still be just another chance based extreme rng.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    more rings doesn't solve it

first ring= first spec 1 talent for heals 1 talent for damage 1 talent for survivability
    second ring= second spec 1 talent for heals 1 talent for damage 1 talent for survivability
    third ring= third spec 1 talent for heals 1 talent for damage 1 talent for survivability
    they keep their same system but it's more organised

or
    first ring=survivability 1 talent for first spec 1 talent for second spec 1 talent for third spec
    second ring= heals 1 talent for first spec 1 talent for second spec 1 talent for third spec
    third ring= damage 1 talent for first spec 1 talent for second spec 1 talent for third spec

they keep their same interface but the talents are more organised
    Towards the end of the expansion they should have azerite armor for every slot. would be so hilarious

just stop.
    make the azerite perks stored in the fucking necklace and be done with this retarded bullshit.
    make it damage glyphs 2.0 and bring back the artifact weapons since so many classes operate competently only with their abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by dtruth View Post
    oh yes emisary cache can scale up to 370 and requires azerite ilvl 30 or something YES!
    no matter what is the level, the first ring unlock at lvl 18.

Awful changes that will achieve nothing.

The people thanking Lore in the official thread just make me laugh.

Which means they failed in their own design goal of wanting us to just equip iLevel upgrades. That was one of their big design goals for BfA.

They claimed they hated us not equipping iLevel upgrades.

What do you think adding ANOTHER ring is going to do? Make it even more fucking confusing.
    The only way to do that is put interesting game-changing effects back into a talent tree, normalize the value of secondaries, and let everything scale at the same rate. Bam, everyone just takes ilvl.

With secondaries scaling slowly, they'll become even more important than primaries in the early 400s for most specs, which means an item won't be an upgrade barring huge ilvl jump unless it has the correct secondaries.

They shouldn't even be trying to do this though. Let people build how they want. If people are going to stack haste/crit because the spec plays better that way, let them.

Too little too late. They still don't understand that they've failed their own design philosophy.

15+ Year Old Account
    They also need to remove the GCD which slowed the game down to a crawl. Then everyone will stop stacking ungodly amounts of haste too.

Rental gear needs to die in a fire.
    GCD is not what makes people stack Haste.
    Blizzard removed Crit interactions from many specs (the most obvious was Havoc who refunded Fury on Chaos Strike crit, and now it's a flat % chance).

What Blizzard needs to do is work on 2 things for GCD:
    1 - Different abilities different amounts of GCD (1.5 vs 1 vs 0.5)
    2 - Multiple GCD categories - i.e: Avenging Wrath and Holy Avenger off the GCD but have a 1.5 GCD with each other so you don't just macro them together.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    I think they said somewhere they didn't want to do that because people would feel "forced" to run mythic + over and over (which I think is dumb). It is what it is though.
    Any serious raider or M+ pusher will run M+ over and over regardless. THe fix is to make the traits scale with the neck and not the ilvl of the piece they're on.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

While this is a step in the right direction they are just touching on issues that people were very vocal about almost half a year ago on the alpha/beta. Lore's post almost reads verbatim from one of Preach's videos breaking down short comings with azerite gear. Statements built off of feedback and conversations with various testers not just the random thoughts of one person.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Can't believe a whole team is working on this, and after all the feedback, that's what we get. GTFO.
    At this point they are basically trying to put out a house fire and renovate it at the same time.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Is it going to just be the ones that come up on the emissary now, or a chance to get them with every emissary? And is it only the few types that pop up on the WQ that have really bad traits to begin with? Okay, so I can get my ilvl up, but that doesn't really piss me off any less. They're still bad pieces and I have very little chance of getting "good" ones. My BIS traits ALL come from dungeons, the Uldir gear is crap. I've gotten the exact same trinket 3 weeks in a row from my cache.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Ugh. Here's an alternate title:

"Emissaries to remain relevant for entire expansion." I say wholeheartedly, "Fuck that shit."
    Exactly. These changes aren't player focused or fun or satisfying. They're just more ways to keep the hamsters on the wheel.

We need to make Azerite Armor more available, for all types of players, through a method everyone can utilize. So we’re actually looking at Emissary rewards for that. The plan is to make Azerite Armor rewards from Emissary quests scale all the way up to 370 (based on your item level), which gives everyone a new, reliable source for appropriate gear. Further on, we’re looking at making some further improvements to the ways Emissaries reward gear, but getting more Azerite Armor in your hands is the higher priority for the immediate future.

First of all, this is not reliable, you get probably 4 gear emissary a week and 4 rolls on a item slot that you want and thats not enough.
    Secondly, 370 item may as well just be 340 in 4 weeks time when everyone is runing around with 385 AA. They are completely irrelevant for high-end players.
    Lastly, this wont change anything if your goal is to 'allow players to have multiple sets of AA to choose from depending on the content' becuase I will still only have 1 set of 385 AA (if I am lucky) and I am not gonna swap them for a set of 370s even if you give me 100 sets a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Any serious raider or M+ pusher will run M+ over and over regardless. THe fix is to make the traits scale with the neck and not the ilvl of the piece they're on.
    They don't care about serious raiders/M+ pushers as much as they do normal players.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Solid starting step, and probably best they could do for 8.1. I expect we'll see more radical changes in 8.2 & 8.3.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)