Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    inb4: "Brb guys, just gonna run a quick naxx40 to get some xmogs for my REAL character in Bfa"

LOL
    Naxx 40 won't be quick on Classic even people in TBC struggled with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yes, i've been saying that since the original announcement, if they'll want to draw people to wow classic this is going to be the best thing they can implement.
    But it'll bring players who aren't there to really play Classic, but who just want to "rush the objective for their real character". I don't think that'll be a good thing for the Classic servers (or at least it's not what I hope to see on the Classic servers), so I'd prefer to keep it fully separated.
    Last edited by Oneru; 2018-10-04 at 10:45 AM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    As someone who has played from launch but didn't keep a bunch of the now-removed items I know I got through the lifespan of vanilla, a large part of me really wants this to happen but on the other hand, I can understand the people who don't want this in a million years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer that the museum stays on its own.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'd prefer it if Classic basically functions as if Retail/Current doesn't even exist.
    This nothing more to add

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    But it'll bring players who aren't there to really play Classic, but who just want to "rush the objective for their real character". I don't think that'll be a good thing for the Classic servers (or at least it's not what I hope to see on the Classic servers), so I'd prefer to keep it fully separated.
    Someone who is there purely to organize ZG runs and Naxx raids are definitely there to play classic, and are definitely good for overall community, keep down with your gatekeeping with those "really play classic", you'll be really happy to see people who are there simply to get their tmog and mounts. These things aren't really "rushable" in your terms, they will need a good chunk of people to run raids with, and they'll need to be leaders of these people to get maximum chance of obtaining mounts and tmog
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    Blizzard has linked games in multiple ways over time, usually to promote giving a new one a try.

It's easy to extend that when the games are *kind of* the same game.
    I'd be fine with that. I have no problem with being gently coerced into giving Classic a try. But that's a completely different kettle of fish from coercing people into sinking hundreds of hours into the game.

Sorry but I don't want to feel compelled to play Classic because it gives me an opportunity get my hands on some highly desirable but no longer obtainable things.

Deleted
    I want this idea.

As someone who played classic and over the years had to clear out old items or collected them on the wrong characters (My warrior has a full set of devout) I’d welcome a second chance at these things.

It wouldn’t harm Classic if it were just a case of collecting for current wow and might just be enough to keep classic relevant beyond the initial hype.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I'd be fine with that. I have no problem with being gently coerced into giving Classic a try. But that's a completely different kettle of fish from coercing people into sinking hundreds of hours into the game.

Sorry but I don't want to feel compelled to play Classic because it gives me an opportunity get my hands on some highly desirable but no longer obtainable things.
    It'll require tremendous amount of effort to get those items. Instead of not being able to get them... like... at all. Obviously, if you are not that interested in an item to dump hundreds of hours (and psychic health) into it you are free to wait for an item to pop up on black market, but there will be people who will be happy to participate in that
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    Blizzard has linked games in multiple ways over time, usually to promote giving a new one a try.

It's easy to extend that when the games are *kind of* the same game.
    Don't quote me and then completely change my post.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone who is there purely to organize ZG runs and Naxx raids are definitely there to play classic, and are definitely good for overall community
    No.

Honestly, I loathe the idea of Classic. I loathe the mentallity of people who keep going on about how much better it is than Live (and yes I loathe the way they keep referring to Live as Retail).

Buy if I could obtain a Swift Zulian Tiger for my main from it, I'd be doing it. Trust me, this will be neither good for me nor good for anyone else because honestly I'd have zero interest in being part of the community. I wouldn't be getting excited by all the stuff that the communitiy cares about. And when I finally get my Tiger I will drop my group like a hot potato. And I am not the only one, I am sure.

Look, I have zero problem with people getting the game they've been pining for for years. But I really have no interest in being part of that, and giving me and others like me a compelling reason to be there is just going detract from everyone's experience

Someone who is there purely to organize ZG runs and Naxx raids are definitely there to play classic, and are definitely good for overall community, keep down with your gatekeeping with those "really play classic", you'll be really happy to see people who are there simply to get their tmog and mounts. These things aren't really "rushable" in your terms, they will need a good chunk of people to run raids with, and they'll need to be leaders of these people to get maximum chance of obtaining mounts and tmog
    These leaders will be there anyway, regardless of whether there is a link between Classic and Retail or not. I expect the difference will be in those who will be trying to join their raids: will that be people who want to gear up their Classic-toon, or people who want to try for one specific mount or transmog-item and then leave the raid? I don't think I'll be "really happy to see these people" if it's the latest group and every ZG-run breaks up after Tiger-boss, so I'd prefer if it was just the first group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Honestly, I loathe the idea of Classic. I loathe the mentallity of people who keep going on about how much better it is than Live (and yes I loathe the way they keep referring to Live as Retail).

Buy if I could obtain a Swift Zulian Tiger for my main from it, I'd be doing it. Trust me, this will be neither good for me nor good for anyone else because honestly I'd have zero interest in being part of the community. I wouldn't be getting excited by all the stuff that the communitiy cares about. And when I finally get my Tiger I will drop my group like a hot potato. And I am not the only one, I am sure.

Look, I have zero problem with people getting the game they've been pining for for years. But I really have no interest in being part of that, and giving me and others like me a compelling reason to be there is just going detract from everyone's experience
    You simply wouldn't be able to go for swift zulian tiger without being part of the community. You would be forced to be a part of community. You can't do that alone. You literally won't get it out of pugs (especially to be desired in ZG pugs you will need to stand out of others, or get into a guild, aka, be part of a fucking community), because those who organize those raids won't be giving it away that easily (yes, sometimes to the point of ninja). Fastest way to achieve your swift zulian tiger would be running your own competitive guild and put dibs on desired items. And classic wow community will benefit greatly from you, if you are willing to run a guild, even on your own terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgee View Post
    Something I was thinking about the other day. What would you think if it was announced that certain activities performed on classic would translate to your retail account? For instance:

• Any mount you obtain in classic is added to your retail mount journal, including now unobtainable mounts such as the Zul'gurub tiger.
    • Any item appearances found in classic are added to your retail transmog tab. Including things such as Benediction, Rok'delar, and some of the classic Naxx weapons/armor.

Note that any mounts, titles, and transmogs that you have in retail now, and that existed in classic would not be usable in classic; you would have to re-earn/buy them to use them there (except transmog because that wasn't in classic at all to begin with). But anything "unlocked" in classic would also be unlocked in retail, essentially a one-way linking.

How would you feel if they also added special new content, like titles or achievements for your retail account by doing things in classic?
    I like that you named the ZG tiger like people didn't have enough time to farm that mount literally for almost 10 YEARS if they wanted it before being removed, why does anyone who doesn't have it deserve to get it now? Lmao, what the fuck for real...like either you didn't want it back then or you weren't playing neither should get it now.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'll require tremendous amount of effort to get those items. Instead of not being able to get them... like... at all. Obviously, if you are not that interested in an item to dump hundreds of hours (and psychic health) into it you are free to wait for an item to pop up on black market, but there will be people who will be happy to participate in that
    I think you miss the point I was making.

There will be people who will participate. They'll put in the time and effort. But don't expect them to be happy.

Honestly, if Classic needs to bribe people into being there by putting in the possibility of obtaining rare items for their Live account, then Classic doesn't deserve to exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    These leaders will be there anyway
    There will be more of them, that's the point. Making classic more desirable for players means there will be more players playing it. Making it less desirable for players means there will be less players playing it. It's that easy.

If you join a "tiger run" guild/run - it's kinda your own fault, unless it wasn't specified, which would be really weird thing to do, because people simply win't join your raids later, and making a ZG pug is a little bit harder than making a UBRS pug group and a lot harder than typing into LFG "ZG TIGER RUN" and wait (lets be fair, LFG addon will be back for classic)

- - - Updated - - -

I think you miss the point I was making.

There will be people who will participate. They'll put in the time and effort. But don't expect them to be happy.

Honestly, if Classic needs to bribe people into being there by putting in the possibility of obtaining rare items for their Live account, then Classic doesn't deserve to exist.
    Why wouldn't you be happy with your opportunity to get a long-desired mount that isn't available anymore? I don't get it.

It doesn't needs to bribe anyone, but it will attract more people. I don't know if classic actually needs more people, maybe it doesn't, maybe it'll turn out to be SO POPULAR that they'll need to draw away people from it (like it's going to happen, har har ahr)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    I like that you named the ZG tiger like people didn't have enough time to farm that mount literally for almost 10 YEARS if they wanted it before being removed, why does anyone who doesn't have it deserve to get it now? Lmao, what the fuck for real...like either you didn't want it back then or you weren't playing neither should get it now.
    Desire to get it flew through the roof when it was announced that it will be gone. Exclusivity and shit, you know, people acting like people

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt be surprised if a feat of strength was added. There's FoS for starcraft, diablo amd hearthsyone aswell. Anything else directs gameplay too much and should not be added.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You simply wouldn't be able to go for swift zulian tiger without being part of the community. You would be forced to be a part of community.
    I don't disagree. But think about this, what kind of community do you think the game will have when 90% are just there for the tiger? Especially if they dislike everything else about the game.

I can't think of a more effective recipe for creating a cesspool of rampant toxicity.

You can't do that alone. You literally won't get it out of pugs (especially to be desired in ZG pugs you will need to stand out of others, or get into a guild, aka, be part of a fucking community), because those who organize those raids won't be giving it away that easily (yes, sometimes to the point of ninja). Fastest way to achieve your swift zulian tiger would be running your own competitive guild and put dibs on desired items.
    Sure, this all sounds like the making of an awesome community...NOT!

And classic wow community will benefit greatly from you, if you are willing to run a guild, even on your own terms.
    In the short term, sure. Until I get my tiger and disband the guild.

It would be neat if classic allowed you to get some form of reward in retail. Nothing like transmogs and such cause unfortunately the unobtainable stuff has value, like imagine how it'd suck if you have Rhok'delar and now suddenly it's obtainable through classic.
    But say...If you beat Naxx 40 on classic you got a unique new title on retail. I think that'd be neat.

Gonna be fun when everyone suddenly remembers that bags were smaller, and mounts took up a bag space each one you collected..