Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The Horde isn't evil. It's doing the exact same thing the Alliance is doing: Murdering the opposite faction. The leaders on the other hand, specific ones..
    oh look you might have some sense about you.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skoll Shorties View Post
    Horde is about honor. Don't pull that card that they're not. Jesus.
    they can't help it, this is what happens when vapid and shallow fans only focus on one key aspect of the faction they play. This is why such people focused just on garrosh and nothing else he was doing to the rest of the horde, and this is why they only focus on how cool they think sylvanas is, ignoring the rest of the horde and how they are affected by her actions.

These people aren't real horde fans, their just fans of one character, and thinks everything should fold in around the character.

Sylvanas kills her own people trying to reunite with their families: Fanboys response: "Haha, they were traitors, they deserved it"
    Sylvanas raised horde troups into undead abominations: Fanboys response: "She's just making use of them"
    Sylvanas threatens to raise know horde champions as undead minions: Fanboys response: "Haha, thats so her, so cool and badass!"
    Other faction leaders come to the reasonable response to her actions being bad: Fanboys response: "Grr, how dare you insult my Waifu!"
    Last edited by Trassk; 2018-10-04 at 02:15 AM.
    #boycottchina

He's been a cardboard cutout his whole life, what else is new?

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Why not just take Baine out of the story and put Saurfang in his stead. All this talk about HONOR HONOR HONOR. What HONOR? How can a war be won with HONOR? Murdering someone is HONOR? What about murdering someone with fire? That equals dishonor? I'm so sick of this HONOR shit that Saurfang and Baine are spewing. This isn't what the Horde is about. The Horde is about a band of exiles, outcasts, misfits and scoundrels coming together as one people of many cultures. Stop turning the Horde into a red Alliance.
    Sorry love but the horde has been about honor for a looooong time

If you want edgelord go to an rp server roll a DH and chill out in the corner with your backstory of generic edginess

"Horde isn't about honor it's about -insert angsty teenage ideas-"
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-10-04 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Fixed Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Pretty much, except his commitment to honor doesn't outweigh his cowardice. He's a far cry from Cairne who died tragically but a hero. Baine is only "BUT MUH HONOR" as far as running his mouth and scowling, but he will not act on it, and whether or not that's intended by the writers, it makes the character look like shit. He should have at least challenged Sylvanas by now for Horde leadership to make him seem tough, but nope.
    A key difference is that Garrosh had no intention of cheating, while Sylv would have no such qualms. In other words, a direct challenge to her is a death sentence that would accomplish exactly nothing. Orcs and trolls are perfectly happy so long as there's bodies to chop with axes, so they wouldn't care about her winning. Tauren might be upset at losing their leader, but since they're clearly so easily cowed (I know, I couldn't resist), I can't see them starting anything. The undead personality cult certainly isn't going to revolt, and goblins only care about loot.

What exactly would Baine getting slaughtered accomplish? At least Garrosh had some concept of honor (as much as I don't like the character, I can say that) and reconsidered a bit after learning he didn't win the duel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    they can't help it, this is what happens when vapid and shallow fans only focus on one key aspect of the faction they play. This is why such people focused just on garrosh and nothing else he was doing to the rest of the horde, and this is why they only focus on how cool they think sylvanas is, ignoring the rest of the horde and how they are affected by her actions.

These people aren't real horde fans, their just fans of one character, and thinks everything should fold in around the character.

Sylvanas kills her own people trying to reunite with their families: Fanboys response: "Haha, they were traitors, they deserved it"
    Sylvanas raised horde troups into undead abominations: Fanboys response: "She's just making use of them"
    Sylvanas threatens to raise know horde champions as undead minions: Fanboys response: "Haha, thats so her, so cool and badass!"
    Other faction leaders come to the reasonable response to her actions being bad: Fanboys response: "Grr, how dare you insult my Waifu!"
    As much as I might rag on the Horde, I do feel bad for the real fans of the faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Listening to this I've just now realized he's definitely the same VA as the playable highmountain tauren and now I'll never be able to take him seriously again.

My totem thunders. All. Night. Long.

edit: Holy crap I think he got new poke dialogue too to match, this is too good.

Saurfang once called me "Animal Style". I did not care for the nickname.

Baine: Sylvanas! What reason could you POSSIBLY have for this MADNESS?!
    Sylvanas: You're going to have to be more specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    Baines best moments were in a book, not even in game. feelsbad
    Now you've got me interested. Which book, and what sort of stuff?
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-10-04 at 03:15 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

Calling Baine out for being written as an all talk no action little bitch since Cata doesn't make you "not a true Horde fan" If anything he's more insufferable because he complains and at best will plot behind Sylvanas but still take no action unless Anduin or any other Horde leader holds his hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Honor is the Horde's thing. Baine looks up to the old leaders of the Horde. He would absolutely regurgitate their buzz words.

The Horde and Alliance will probably get a reboot soon.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

5+ Year Old Account
    baine get's angry, and do nothing about it, that is just who he is.
    and probably if he does something he would probably betray the horde, again.

Baine is a cancer on the Horde. More news at 11.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    This thread needs more angst driven Sylvanas fans.

To complain about Baine being focused on honour is to complain about the core of the horde's founding. Does he need to grow a spine? sure, but don't try to say he stands against the principles of the horde or call him a cancer on the horde, all you're doing is making yourself appear entirely ignorant to what the horde really is.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wouldn't mind Baine's constant talk about honor if he would actually do something beyond yell at Sylvanas and immediately get shut down. A lot of people are angry about the path Saurfang took, but at least he did something.

I get it, I despise Sylvanas as Warchief just as much as Baine does, but at this point he needs to put up or shut up, this constant "all bark and no bite" thing he's got going is getting very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    To complain about Baine being focused on honour is to complain about the core of the horde's founding. Does he need to grow a spine? sure, but don't try to say he stands against the principles of the horde or call him a cancer on the horde, all you're doing is making yourself appear entirely ignorant to what the horde really is.
    We've been through this plotline three times now and we're no closer to knowing what the Horde 'really is' according to the people who keep trying to reform it and fail spectacularly. Beyond evil, I mean, given its track record up to this point. The whole Horde has always been about honor crap would hold more water if the Horde didn't start out as an autocratic state meant to take over the world and has over its track record been this more often than not. Or if orcish honor had any specific precepts so we know what's honorable and what isn't. But since neither is the case, we're left to judge them by their actions, namely that orcs were the aggressors in basically every war they were in for shit reasoning. Even our honor pope, Saurfang, was okay with the War of Thorns up to the Burning and his honor didn't stop him from hiring hundreds of assassins, only not personally killing a dying enemy who'd be a threat later, defying his Warchief's command in the process.

What the Horde is about is the Blood Oath of the Horde. It is an instrument of its Warchief's desire and it reflects the Warchief currently in charge. Everything past that has been completely malleable. It's why Nazgrim is so fondly remembered whereas Baine gets nothing but hate. His honor actually meant something, i.e loyalty, and he stuck to it to the end. If you can tell me what the fuck Baine or Saurfang believe in short of "Down with this sort of thing", I'll give you a medal.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2018-10-04 at 11:05 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the sort of stuff that makes me miss the "Blood and glory" aspect of the Horde.

Deleted
    Your Thrall and Cairn had honor, while slaughtering centaurs, Jainas forces etc, until a talking raven said to them, HALT hold hands together, until then, Thrall and Grom just rased towns / cities together, the Forces that were escaping Artah and his murdering of the own kingdom. Yup much honor and all, if

if you want to rp so much honor this honor that, pls make warlock's, death knights etc unplayable for the horde, you know why? Coze there is no honor is enslaving demons and using fell, there is no honor in rasing the dead and boiling the blood of then enemy as a DK,

Honor is this, " if dueling, don't hit someone in the backup front and don't cheat "
    If during a duel the enemy shows his back, yup slash him down, that his fault.
    Yup Sylvanas might not be honorable to rase her own soldiers, but , in a way they were dead anyways, so she did a radical decision, that . or lose probably the whole army, in the end she plagued the whole city... you know what ? Destroying your own towns and crops so that the enemy cant take it is a lats say at leas 4000-year-old RL human warfare tradition.

YOu talk about honor, no, you talk about cowardice in a fictional game about honor, big monsters and so on.

If the Horde would only be Saurfangs honor, they would cast out the undead, the trolls ( ya trolls ya know are cannibals, the Darkspear ones worship a loa of death) and so on,

WTF you talking about, and ya not all Tauren are pacifists LOL, neither were the Nativ Americans LOL, scalping the enemy's and killing each other for years of tribal warfare,

WTF once more are you talking about the honor of the Horde, I mean Tauren pacifists? Nearly no culture of the earth was so Pacifistic as Bain, it is a DISGRACE

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    We've been through this plotline three times now and we're no closer to knowing what the Horde 'really is' according to the people who keep trying to reform it and fail spectacularly. Beyond evil, I mean, given its track record up to this point. The whole Horde has always been about honor crap would hold more water if the Horde didn't start out as an autocratic state meant to take over the world and has over its track record been this more often than not. Or if orcish honor had any specific precepts so we know what's honorable and what isn't. But since neither is the case, we're left to judge them by their actions, namely that orcs were the aggressors in basically every war they were in for shit reasoning. Even our honor pope, Saurfang, was okay with the War of Thorns up to the Burning and his honor didn't stop him from hiring hundreds of assassins, only not personally killing a dying enemy who'd be a threat later, defying his Warchief's command in the process.

What the Horde is about is the Blood Oath of the Horde. It is an instrument of its Warchief's desire and it reflects the Warchief currently in charge. Everything past that has been completely malleable. It's why Nazgrim is so fondly remembered whereas Baine gets nothing but hate. His honor actually meant something, i.e loyalty, and he stuck to it to the end. If you can tell me what the fuck Baine or Saurfang believe in short of "Down with this sort of thing", I'll give you a medal.
    I could quite easily get in to explaining this, but unfortunately all it would do is prove Dickmann's Law correct once again.

I will say though, if Nazgrim is the epitome of Honour, you truly are ignorant. As Thrall said during the Rise of the Horde, what separates his horde from the brutish thugs of the old horde is the wisdom and honour to know that you are headed down a dark path and having the ability to choose not to continue down that dark path. (paraphrasing of course)

Nazgrim gets points for loyalty and being an awesome character, but to say he fits the honour of Thrall's horde truly shows how out of touch one is.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I honestly don't know how I feel about Baine this expac.. I have issue with him just LETTING Sylvanas run like a bitch.. But then again.. He's saying for his people.. It's what a leader would do I guess.. fucking weird.. As for Saurfang.. I just.. I don't even know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skoll Shorties View Post
    Horde is about honor. Don't pull that card that they're not. Jesus.
    Honor?! What fucking honor, you baby killers! (I'm kidding xD I play both sides)

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    I will say though, if Nazgrim is the epitome of Honour, you truly are ignorant. As Thrall said during the Rise of the Horde, what separates his horde from the brutish thugs of the old horde is the wisdom and honour to know that you are headed down a dark path and having the ability to choose not to continue down that dark path. (paraphrasing of course)

Nazgrim gets points for loyalty and being an awesome character, but to say he fits the honour of Thrall's horde truly shows how out of touch one is.
    My claim was never that he represented the honor of Thrall's Horde, so much as that what Thrall's Horde is about is not what the Horde is about. Or for that matter that it's something to aspire to, given how it was Thrall who failed so spectacularly that he passed the spot to Garrosh because he felt Garrosh was what they really needed. Nazgrim's honor is clear and he followed it to the end. No one did the same with Thrall's ethos, unclear as it is, not even Thrall himself.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2018-10-04 at 11:33 AM.

Color me surprised!

/s

Tauren and Thrall-era orcs go together? Astonishing.

You know, it's not just the blood elves and nightborne that go together in the Horde.