Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Diablo 4 is out of the question because if they wanted to make big changes they could just do it on diablo 3, considering its so unpopular no one would mind big changes.

Releasing a brand new game is a lot of work and costs compared to upgrading an existing and still modern title like diablo3.

At the same time hacknslash is a dying genre and blizz wont burn millions trying to make a sequel to a still modern and functioanl game as d3.

Our best bet is a hd remake of diablo 2 with improved user interface, bugfixes, balance and anti cheat.
    They are not gonna make a new game on the foundations of Diablo 3 where the game itself can't even work proper. You'd have to be completely insane if you think they're putting a HD remake of D2 right after the opening ceremony ahead of Overwatch, their prime cash cow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    Not the numbers they wanted or expected. We would have seen another xpac before this if it were the case. Also, the necromancer sales numbers are probably a better indicator of interest at this point.
    Unlikely since we got a few patches after the RoS release and then they doubled down on their crew. Diablo 3 has been running in maintenance for years because they shuffled their main diablo crew over to their new project. Blizzard already knew Diablo 3 wasn't sustainable on the engine it's currently running

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Oh shiet is it a new Rift map?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

If there will be Diablo 4 I think it will be like this:

We can travel the world, but not in MMO-Style, more like in the D2/D3 style with a linear, but still semi-random generated path. It will be third person view.
    The end-content will still be about running dungeons, but they will be similiar to WoW M+ dungeons, but random generated and with more monsters, like a hack and slay should be. Maybe there will even be 'dungeons' with more than 10 players like warfronts from WoW. Hack and Slay through hordes of monsters to defeat their general.
    The dungeon rewards will be random and in chests after each dungeon (because it would be hard to pick up tons of items in a third-person hack and slay). Also we will have lootboxes with random transmog rewards that can also be bought via the blizzard ingame shop.

It will be like a simplified mmo for small groups, with an awesome story and beautiful art and videos. There will be tons of bugs, because the quality of Blizz games really went down over the last two years. Diablo will be male and we will get a female, black and lesbian Horadrim guiding us. There will be rants about 'shitty gender diversity' from some peoples intoxicating the forum while most players won't care at all.

I think they'll take some Ideas from Warframe.

OR
    It will be an open world survival game with houses to build like everyone does now.. Blizz please don't do this on me ):
    Last edited by Inukashi; 2018-10-04 at 10:02 AM.

I want them to do something they have never done before. An RPG. Something like witcher/skyrim. THAT would be sweet and something sorely needed in the gaming market.

Deleted
    World of Diablo

7+ Year Old Account
    The optimist in me wishes for Diablo Souls, in light of the activision-fromsoft thing with Sekiro. The Diablo series is the kind of series that screams for a soulslike playstyle. (in gameplay, not in difficulty, though difficulty welcome)

The pessimist in me expects Diablo Royale, some shitty mobile game or even worse, a boring as hell card game.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    The pessimist in me expects Diablo Royale, some shitty mobile game or even worse, a boring as hell card game.
    I think that we can safely exclude everything in the list - maybe the mobile thing will be something, as a time fill between now and the next Diablo game; this until they managed to actually make a remaster of D2 and people will just play that.

I'm not against something Diablo mobile. But it needs to be just a filler thing to keep people interested or something implemented with the next game (as a sort of "farm smaller/convenience stuff while not at the pc).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I think that we can safely exclude everything in the list - maybe the mobile thing will be something, as a time fill between now and the next Diablo game; this until they managed to actually make a remaster of D2 and people will just play that.

I'm not against something Diablo mobile. But it needs to be just a filler thing to keep people interested or something implemented with the next game (as a sort of "farm smaller/convenience stuff while not at the pc).
    You have no idea how much i hope you are right. Though, there is a reason i listed the "pessimist" side of me there.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5+ Year Old Account
    Give me a Witcher game in an appropriately gritty Sanctuary and I will personally kiss Morhaime's rear. Now, if it's something !@#$ty like a mobile game or a Battle Royale BS (or ANYTHING with forced PvP), then count me out.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Or make a CRPG like Pillars/etc, make it to have a huge singleplayer campaign, also a hefty campaign editor like Neverwinter Nights had, so fans can make single or multiplayer campaigns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    Or make a CRPG like Pillars/etc, make it to have a huge singleplayer campaign, also a hefty campaign editor like Neverwinter Nights had, so fans can make single or multiplayer campaigns.
    So basically another top down kinda game? I'll pass. Blizzard can do better(Manpower) compared to Obsidian. I'm not gonna say it'll be Diablo 4 cause...well feels too uncertain.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It's Diablo III's second expansion. Skovos Isles and Druid character class. You can PrintScreen my message, cya at BlizzCon.

Quote Originally Posted by CMyTA View Post
    It's Diablo III's second expansion. Skovos Isles and Druid character class. You can PrintScreen my message, cya at BlizzCon.
    after 5 years.. lol..yea sure.

You can print this if you want

10+ Year Old Account
    imagine a dark souls like game set in the diablo universe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    No thank you. I will prefer dark souls keep to the genre they are playing and Diablo keeps to the mindless Dungeon crawlers it's always been.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    Cool as a concept, something Blizzard won't delve into imho since they tend to cater towards a more casual playerbase. I am curious on how they would make a DS-like game, but i don't think they ever will.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

ABORT MISSION "HYPETRAIN"!! ABORT! ABORT!

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22549433/

Well guys, no D4 this year. It was fun to speculate..

RIP HYPE another terrible year with only OW and Hearthstone announcements, maybe a D2 remaster, but who cares...

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    RIP
    Diablo franchise is dead.

Ohh well, Overwatch is still amazing and incredibly fun.

Let's face it, we're masochists.
    And Blizzard is pretty low tbh, building hype with that 'future of Diablo' post right before selling virtual tickets... that are more expensive than last year (with shittier 'rewards').
    Expect a Switch bullshit presentation on mainstage. Full Bethesda style milking.