Poll: Do you think Blizzard should/will rebalance classes on vanilla?

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hope they don't but I assume they will because of the amount of begging and whining that will follow. I used to think Classic was an obscure and unimportant thing they just did to shut people up but since they're pushing it as the big deal of Blizzcon Virtual Ticket, I'm not convinced anymore.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    i hope they don't because classes were fine and unique. they should instead disable data sharing from addons to get rid of dps meter cancer.

they should leave vanilla as it was. the only thing i'd like to see them do is to add their own raid frames in.

Quote Originally Posted by dayne87 View Post
    Honestly, I am not a vanilla purist, but I think they will have to rebalance Vanilla classes at least a little to make it so that every spec is viable to solo with, even if not ALL are viable to raid with.
    Why should they? Actually they even can't, specs don't even exist in vanilla anyways. I mean a Frost Mage in vanilla is someone who uses frost bolt as his main spell. You're still gonna spend points in other trees. Especially in the case of a PVE frost mage, one typical build would be spending 31 points in the arcane tree and only 20 points in frost...

Only what matters is that every class has at least some use, which is already the case.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2018-10-04 at 02:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Some small changes/balancing i would like to see.

1. No debuff limit
    2. Healing power items should provide 1/3rd their value in spellpower (like in TBC)
    3. Entering raid clears buffs/debuffs.
    you will find someone to scream bout any change, but I will be shocked if ultimately we get something along what many would call'common sense' stuff like this.

add to it
    dual spec or altered respec cost - I just cannot imagine them lettting the 50g respec stay in a single-spec game, it makes the game about getting enough gold to respec to go from pvp/pve or whatever
    queue anywhere for bg

unfortunately, I think we also get an awful lot more that will have familiar underlying concepts to more modern gamers.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Voldemorter View Post
    i hope they don't because classes were fine and unique. they should instead disable data sharing from addons to get rid of dps meter cancer.

they should leave vanilla as it was. the only thing i'd like to see them do is to add their own raid frames in.
    If they should leave vanilla as it was, then they also shouldn't block dps meters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the whole point of classic wow to be as close to the original launch as possible? By all means remove bugs, update the graphics engine (or maybe not), but messing with classes talents, etc.. kind of defeats the purpose.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

10+ Year Old Account
    So... you want them to change THE PERFECTION???

Banished to the Nether!

Quote Originally Posted by CMyTA View Post
    It's not gonna be that old vanilla anyway, cause wow classic is based on 7.x or 8.x client. So you won't feel the same (gameplay wise). And if you won't feel the same, who the damn cares if it's gonna be balanced or not. it's gonna look and plays and feels like legion or bfa with scrapped out expansions content and hd character models.
    Having a modern Client does not mean that we're getting the BfA game design. Classic is not gonna be WoW without all the Expansion Content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptych View Post

Yup, this is correct. If Blizzard start doing a 're-imagined' and 'improved' version of the Classic WoW, then I'm going to lose interest so quickly.
    however, they may reasonably conclude they will make more MONEY from re-imagining this billion-dollar IP.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by SolSphere View Post
    Isn't the whole point of classic wow to be as close to the original launch as possible? By all means remove bugs, update the graphics engine (or maybe not), but messing with classes talents, etc.. kind of defeats the purpose.
    Yup you're correct. Blizzard has been also very clear on that.

I think they should, but they can't. It would require basically recreating Classic WoW since the design included those unbalances. If they did, it would be WoW: Reloaded and not WoW Classic (which I don't think would be a bad idea, but that's not what they are doing).

I think for the same reason they have to keep the debuff limit despite it not being a design choice but a technical one; it skews the balance if you don't have it and unless they are going to retune the fights to account, they can't do it.

I would prefer them to recreate Classic WoW knowing what they know now and fixing the design mistakes they made 14 years ago, but then you don't have Classic WoW, you have a reimagining/reboot as I mentioned above. And, as cool as that would be, that's not what they are doing and not what they were asked for.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2018-10-04 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    you will find someone to scream bout any change, but I will be shocked if ultimately we get something along what many would call'common sense' stuff like this.

add to it
    dual spec or altered respec cost - I just cannot imagine them lettting the 50g respec stay in a single-spec game, it makes the game about getting enough gold to respec to go from pvp/pve or whatever
    queue anywhere for bg

unfortunately, I think we also get an awful lot more that will have familiar underlying concepts to more modern gamers.
    Point 1 is a must, limit of debuff wasnt a design thing It was a tech limitation by their servers and Game tech, so i see no point to carry that limitation when we have the tech to not doing so. Point 2 can be undertandable but i disagree. Point 3 IS a Big fucking no, early kills in MC and BWL depended of a LBRS Buff from some casters using mind control

Whatever they change, will be the thing that is blamed when Vanilla servers don't live up to peoples absurd and rose-tinted expectations.

So, while they should because 80% of classes didn't even work.... I hope they don't. Atleast not at first, I hope the first iteration to go out is practically unchanged and then maybe they can work on stuff from there.

Quote Originally Posted by azkhane View Post
    Point 1 is a must, limit of debuff wasnt a design thing It was a tech limitation by their servers and Game tech, so i see no point to carry that limitation when we have the tech to not doing so. Point 2 can be undertandable but i disagree. Point 3 IS a Big fucking no, early kills in MC and BWL depended of a LBRS Buff from some casters using mind control
    Well, one could argue that bosses were balanced around that tech restriction and as such unlocking it could throw the game of balance.

Deleted
    i think they should, but if they do, they better prepare for shitstorm.
    50% unplayable specs wasnt what made vanilla good imo.
    theres plenty of things that they could change to make the game better, without ruining the difficulty, immersion and social aspect of it.

Deleted
    I think people who think Activision-Blizzard would release an unchanged version of classic WoW under their name are extremely naive. Original WoW was the polar opposite of modern WoW in terms of design philosophy; it was an unbalanced immersive sandbox-like community-driven experience as opposed to the rigidly mathmatically balanced, homogenous, instanced, micro-managed "fun" that is the MO of current Activision-Blizzard.

You can choose to believe that it takes a massive corporation 2 years+ to release an old version of their own game, or you can consider the possibility that they are working on their own interpretation of vanilla with massive doses of homogenisation and "features" added.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keskmaz View Post
    I think people who think Activision-Blizzard would release an unchanged version of classic WoW under their name are extremely naive. Original WoW was the polar opposite of modern WoW in terms of design philosophy; it was an unbalanced immersive sandbox-like community-driven experience as opposed to the rigidly mathmatically balanced, homogenous, instanced, micro-managed "fun" that is the MO of current Activision-Blizzard.

You can choose to believe that it takes a massive corporation 2 years+ to release an old version of their own game, or you can consider the possibility that they are working on their own interpretation of vanilla with massive doses of homogenisation and "features" added.

but blizzard said!!

next you will claim a/b would put money before museum!

also, when you refer to fun as defined by a/b, you need to make it bold blue, please. FUN is a participation/completion metric. Fun is a subjective customer interpretation of their game experience which is not relevant to the project.

we could do an inverse poll/thread - what changes will blizzard NOT make if they build a Frankenstein version?

obvious ones they might not include (or include under some different guise, or plan to include down the road because 'the players demand it')

LFR
    Portal to Dungeon
    reduce/eliminate need for CC in dungeons
    add the dummy-proof no-cc-break features to multishot, avenging shield, etc that were added much later
    threat neutering, so everyone can aoe (some classes need some aoe)
    nerf dungeons to meet a target time/run.
    modern BG maps and/or rules, e.g. 15 min? wsg, AV modern rules, etc.
    more exciting player talent trees to make players feel like every point they get is a big fun decision!
    shamanpaladin for both factions
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2018-10-04 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keskmaz View Post

Yeah, I am really glad that they added a lot of cool fixes in Starcraft Remastered from SC2 like being able to group all the units on one hotkey, fixing the unit pathing, and taking everything from SC2 that made it a successful version of Brood War. I am with you in that I'm expecting Blizzard to do something super similar.
    Last edited by tylen; 2018-10-04 at 10:19 PM.

The impact of class imbalance on people's ability to have fun is overrated. If you must be among the top DPS in raids to be able to enjoy the game then you are free to choose a class that is suitable for that. We are not at the times when nobody knew which class was good for high raid DPS, which is good for healing etc. You make your choice yourself knowing what you are getting, it is not being pushed down your throat.

I expect and hope Blizzard will make only the most necessary bug/exploit fixes, and only updates for current server compatibility without affecting game play at all.

Most of the people who want them to change Classic WoW from it's original iteration wont make it past level 40 before they go back to the retail game. Leave it alone for the true diehards and the people who want CLASSIC WoW and not some refined version.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    If they should leave vanilla as it was, then they also shouldn't block dps meters.
    they made the mistake of not blocking them like they did with some raiding addons that were "making the game too simple". that 3d visual effect addon comes to mind that got swiftly disabled by blizzard only to be baked in the game the next expansion lmao.

if people don't see the damage they are doing compared to others then they won't cry about it.