Thread: Honor?

Honor?

I still havent figured out whats honor for? My honor bar keeps going up but beside numbers, nothing changes. Now I read that arena skirmishes this week award +50% honor. But why?

cosmetic rewords nothing more

10+ Year Old Account
    At certain honor levels you get titles, mounts, pets, new emblem, etc...

Honor resides in ones actions.

there are 500 honor levels without a good way to grind it (pvp wqs anyone?) and thus completely irrelevant and boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliessa View Post
    there are 500 honor levels without a good way to grind it (pvp wqs anyone?) and thus completely irrelevant and boring.
    You mean actually having to PvP to grind honor levels?! Blasphemy!

I don't know, but everytime I run ICC Saurfang reminds me to never forsake it!

I am just fed up with this system of honoring.

Deleted
    They cant not do things worse,what was wrong with the previous system of honor?same rewards??same icons?? i was full prestige 25 and now im 142 level,push to level 500??jajajajajajaaaaaa...

Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    You mean actually having to PvP to grind honor levels?! Blasphemy!
    The problem is that it's gonna take a full year of doing bgs to get anywhere close to anything above honor lvl 150 if you were prestige 25 before the BFA changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked the Legion honor system, it wasn't some awesome super rewarding path of progression or anything, but you could do some stuff and feel like you were making progress. After 8.0, it blows. The conversion for maxed Prestige folks was fucking atrocious, and there is no good way to make decent progress. Basically, if you didn't run a half dozen or more alts through the towers and free for all WQs every day during Legion, you're not going to be getting close to 500 anytime soon.

It's a shame. I'm very much the consumer in mind with WoW PvP, earned Khan, Battlemaster, Lord of War, Justicar, etc... yet, due to the changes, it's left a bad taste in my mouth and haven't really PvPed much at all.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I really liked the Legion honor system, it wasn't some awesome super rewarding path of progression or anything, but you could do some stuff and feel like you were making progress. After 8.0, it blows. The conversion for maxed Prestige folks was fucking atrocious, and there is no good way to make decent progress. Basically, if you didn't run a half dozen or more alts through the towers and free for all WQs every day during Legion, you're not going to be getting close to 500 anytime soon.

It's a shame. I'm very much the consumer in mind with WoW PvP, earned Khan, Battlemaster, Lord of War, Justicar, etc... yet, due to the changes, it's left a bad taste in my mouth and haven't really PvPed much at all.
    i don't think prestige level 25 is supposed to = honor level 500. also it's probably easier to add more rewards over time when it goes all the way up to 500 than it would be for just 25.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    i don't think prestige level 25 is supposed to = honor level 500. also it's probably easier to add more rewards over time when it goes all the way up to 500 than it would be for just 25.
    No, I didn't claim that though. But, it would've been nice to be placed at where the last reward I earned was on the new ladder, which for a maxed person would've been 300, not 130. Those 170 levels just to get back to an equivalent spot will take at least a year, probably more, of daily heavy PvP play. Regardless of earning no new rewards along the way, doesn't feel good. Hence the bad taste, and me largely abandoning PvP.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    No, I didn't claim that though. But, it would've been nice to be placed at where the last reward I earned was on the new ladder, which for a maxed person would've been 300, not 130. Those 170 levels just to get back to an equivalent spot will take at least a year, probably more, of daily heavy PvP play. Regardless of earning no new rewards along the way, doesn't feel good. Hence the bad taste, and me largely abandoning PvP.
    don't you get to keep those things though? think i recall reading something about people still having the rewards from the old system.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    don't you get to keep those things though? think i recall reading something about people still having the rewards from the old system.
    Yes. You keep all the rewards from Legion. So, in essence, I have to grind though 150 something Honor levels to get back to the equivalent spot (300), and then an additional 100 Honor levels to get to the first new reward.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Honor is like most things in wow nowadays just a way to measure how much time you have spent compared to people with more time :P