Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Yeah she's like garrosh in that she will kill alliance and traitors without remorse... that is where the similarities stop. Garrosh was a piece of shit that fucked pretty much all the other horde races and treated them like secondary citizens to his band of orcs. It's a shame cause he started off cool in Cataclysm... As for Sylvanas she treats them all fairly. As long as they are loyal to her and the Horde. And that's the only thing that should matter to the horde, not that she burned a hippy tree down, fuck the elves, they're the enemies.
    Did you miss the part where Sylvanas slaughters ALL of the Desolate Council, including those who were willingly returning to Forsaken lines when the return was sounded?

Sylvanas 'cares' like an abusive spouse cares that you belong to them. The scene where the Forsaken who's relatives decide not to see them return perfectly illustrates this. She HOPES the Gathering is a failure because it reinforces their dependence on her - this isn't interpretation, this is made explicit several times - and she doubles down on the, "See? You only have me. Everybody else will hurt you. You'd better stick with me" propaganda. We also discover that she runs a campaign that actively tries to make the Forsaken forget about their past lives - books are banned that aren't new, pro-Sylvanas literature - so they can double down on their dependence.

Even though they came about literally because they thought they were doing Sylvanas a favour, her first thought about learning of them is "I want to kill them all". Even Nathanos of all people asks what the hell she's doing when she orders them all killed.

She's a total control freak and insane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    No, you got it the wrong way around.
    Garrosh only wanted the Trolls/Tauren/Forsaken/Elves out after they went in open rebellion against him. Sylvanas would do exactly the same if the Trolls/Tauren/Orcs/Elves had the honor and morality to do the same.

Sylvanas hasn't treated her soldiers fairly so far. She forced her people into a war for no reason, and blight bombed her own soldiers and city, causing massive loss to the Horde. Yes the Alliance lost a capital too, but they didn't choose to start the war. At least the Horde was already at war with the Alliance when Garrosh started nuking Theramore.

- - - Updated - - -

It makes sense that he didn't. He doesn't support using unnecessarily cruel methods and generally seems to be a good guy.
    Oh no I get it makes no sense but neither to most undead joining the Forsaken at this point. I just like the idea of a undead light zealot to give forsaken a greater variety of personalities then violentl/brooding

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    do you think calia will indeed bring undead in the alliance? so far we have

in the book calia never said that she is a member of the alliance but she and faol are very close to anduin/turalyon etc and the alliance in general
    we have the first evidence that some members of the alliance accept that not all forsaken are monsters (even genn, wtf)
    uther's tomb got updated out of nowhere
    and now we have spoilers that anduin and jaina talk about calia (only alliance can see this)

horde players are very mad about it because they feel calia and the 'light' undead allied race are high elves 2.0, because a horde race is going to become alliance and because it destroys the forsaken storyline.

but seriously there is strong evidence that calia is going alliance. mad or not how can someone deny this?
    She was never stated to be, other than she's stated to be an ally of the Alliance. Anduin brought her there of good will. The council saw and used that chance to try and escape to the alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phasetwist View Post
    Are these novels available in audio books, or just actual paper copies?
    The one in question is as an audio book as well. Got it myself for Audible. I don't have much freedom to use hard copies, so I listened to it while walking the dog.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

There's no way Calia isn't being set up to replace Sylvanas. The Desolate Council POVs are about how once Sylvanas being away for an extension period for the first time since the Forsaken game into being is causing a bit of the brainwashing and propaganda to wear off and a lot of the Forsaken actually thinking about doing/being more than a personality cult to her.

They COULD have left her in Neutral Purgatory. They COULD have killed her off for real at The Gathering. But instead they introduced Forsaken who are waking up to Sylvanas' crap and then resurrected her not alive, but as a Forsaken.

More than that, the Forsaken really have no characters who aren't tied to Sylvanas' hip and BfA is really shaping up to be the "clean house with the Horde's nutcases" expansion, and Blizzard themselves have said it would wrap up the faction war narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    The one in question is as an audio book as well. Got it myself for Audible. I don't have much freedom to use hard copies, so I listened to it while walking the dog.
    Exactly what i want to do haha

I dont know, but its on the top of the list of "TOP lorefucks ever created in Warcraft universe"

Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    There's shadow undead, death undead why not light undead

- - - Updated - - -

But they can't lead to a new allied race....unless lightforged humans?

- - - Updated - - -

I kind of hoped he join the Forsaken :/
    Fel Undead too like the Lich King and every Undead made in his wake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    There's no way Calia isn't being set up to replace Sylvanas. The Desolate Council POVs are about how once Sylvanas being away for an extension period for the first time since the Forsaken game into being is causing a bit of the brainwashing and propaganda to wear off and a lot of the Forsaken actually thinking about doing/being more than a personality cult to her.

They COULD have left her in Neutral Purgatory. They COULD have killed her off for real at The Gathering. But instead they introduced Forsaken who are waking up to Sylvanas' crap and then resurrected her not alive, but as a Forsaken.

More than that, the Forsaken really have no characters who aren't tied to Sylvanas' hip and BfA is really shaping up to be the "clean house with the Horde's nutcases" expansion, and Blizzard themselves have said it would wrap up the faction war narrative.
    They are setting up Sylvanas to leave the horde so that both factions can have Dark Rangers, I have said this since Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post

I find it very hard to believe that Calia will replace Sylvanas and just like that will essentially become enemy of Anduin and the Alliance.
    And as a Forsaken fan if they dare to make Calia leader of the Forsaken I'm gonna puke. I'll probably never touch my Forsaken toons ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I find it very hard to believe that Calia will replace Sylvanas and just like that will essentially become enemy of Anduin and the Alliance.
    And as a Forsaken fan if they dare to make Calia leader of the Forsaken I'm gonna puke. I'll probably never touch my Forsaken toons ever again.
    Not if they scrap the faction system in it's current form it won't. Would also explain why Blizzard are shying away from adding Helves when they know they'd make A LOT of money from faction/race changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly what i want to do haha
    Not a bad reader from there.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    I dont know, but its on the top of the list of "TOP lorefucks ever created in Warcraft universe"

Yikes.
    Gotta take what you can get, people asked for more depth and unfolding developments in the story for a long time.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

They retconned the lore and magic happened.

Thank you! best explanation so far!

Did they express how calia felt about being a new holy undead?
    His explanation is kind of wrong, while sylvanas is still evil calia met some people on the field from her old days in lordaeron and they started to run for the alliance side, essentially deserting. Killing them was flat out wrong, but they broke a before hand agreed upon rule that they would all head back into their corners if a signal horn was sounded. So if you intend to use this bit of knoweldge elsewhere be aware of these details.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    His explanation is kind of wrong, while sylvanas is still evil calia met some people on the field from her old days in lordaeron and they started to run for the alliance side, essentially deserting. Killing them was flat out wrong, but they broke a before hand agreed upon rule that they would all head back into their corners if a signal horn was sounded. So if you intend to use this bit of knoweldge elsewhere be aware of these details.
    Not really, i was just curious.. but thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Gotta take what you can get, people asked for more depth and unfolding developments in the story for a long time.
    Yeah making a dung race who invades azeroth and infects it with its smell and some night elves going riot and absorbing some of their shit to become Dung Elves then join the horde would be a story development too. Doesnt mean its in the right direction or that it makes any sense at all.

At this point im expecting Alleria and Turalyon to be merged into one entity and become the avatar of azeroth cause why the hell not, lore making sense has disappeared as a condition long ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Its such an odd concept since we have canon instances of resurrection without the person becoming a zombie.
    I'd bet dollars to donuts it was forced in either to set Calia up to succeed Sylvanas, or to set up an Alliance allied race using customized Forsaken models.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Blizzard doing a twisted resurrection to possibly include undead as an allied race for the Alliance. That's how.

If her body didn't decompose and was intact, just as is described, then the light should've been able to resurrect her back to her living state, but they went down a new, necrolight way. Resurrections by the light are known to restore to the state of the living, not the state of a light-based unliving.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I'd bet dollars to donuts it was forced in either to set Calia up to succeed Sylvanas, or to set up an Alliance allied race using customized Forsaken models.
    Yep, that's surely got to be behind it. I'm betting on an allied race based out of Lordaeron.

Undead and lightforged? So... unforged? Lightdead?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

naruu up to no good again. only explanation.. I don't trust those windchimes

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Blizzard doing a twisted resurrection to possibly include undead as an allied race for the Alliance. That's how.

If her body didn't decompose and was intact, just as is described, then the light should've been able to resurrect her back to her living state, but they went down a new, necrolight way. Resurrections by the light are known to restore to the state of the living, not the state of a light-based unliving.
    Tinfoil hat time:

I wonder if the Naaru are going to start making lightforged undead to battle the void in a future x-pac. Since the void seems to have less of an effect on undead, and even fear undead (like how the voices in Varessa's head reacted to Sylvanas), maybe the Light is going to start creating an army that is immune to void influence?