Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Delaryn's change of heart is tangibly okay, as in the end of Elegy, she had completely lost her faith in Elune. And undeath makes you easily manipulated.

That doesn't explain Sira though, and this story is still so stupid and absurd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I'm guessing what's happening is that Sylvanas isn't mind controlling them, but an evil death god is. Sylvanas just THINKS everyone is as evil and miserable as she is on death so she doesn't think anything is out of the ordinary.
    So basically "a wizard did it". A big and scary evil supernatural wizard, but still just a wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Literally what

I'm kinda dumbfounded at this "turn of events", honestly.
    How so? Given everything we know about Night Elves.

Delaryn being in shock and staring at her hand jives with her having free will. Sira is fucking hilarious though. Even when we're completely rekt and bound to get the Mists plot in a patch or two we at least still get to shit on the night elves some more.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentX View Post
    So basically "a wizard did it". A big and scary evil supernatural wizard, but still just a wizard.
    Death in Warcraft has been unexplained for 14 years now....

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Sylvanas murdered thousands of my people, but Elune/Tyrande didn't stop her, so now I'm going to help Sylvanas murder the rest of my people.

Jesus Christ.
    meanwhile the moon blots out the sun as tyrande becomes Elune's avatar.
    i guess their brain was eaten by crabs.

It feels more and more like they are setting up a ranger class for next expansion.

Now NE have dark rangers... It's no longer a horde only thing.

Sylvanas murdered thousands of my people, but Elune/Tyrande didn't stop her, so now I'm going to help Sylvanas murder the rest of my people.

Jesus Christ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Moonblade View Post
    Nobody intelligent ever credited blizzard with good writing, at least since WC3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    I like the story of this patch alot, but this is dumb, Blizzard should just admit that when the forsaken rise you they take your free will this was stupid in cata and its stupid now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Delaryn: We have nothing left. We are Forsaken.

WHAT?!?!??

BUAHAHAHAHA

Okay, now that I am done laughing. I think I'm going to throw up. Bravo Blizzard.
    Just a reminder that somebody was actually employed and paid to write this.
    I don't see how this is bad writing.

For one thing, Tyrande's story is amazing because it's been foretold in the End Times dungeon. Her ability to summon darkness was her whole deal in that encounter. Kudos to Blizzard for the callback.

Sira lost her faith. Imagine her situation! She relied on the goddess she worshipped for 10,000 some years to protect her from undeath and not abandon her. Well, Elune didn't show up. That's a major blow to someone's entire being. "I worshipped you for my entire life and you still do nothing for me" is enough to go full on atheist. She's raised as a monster, pissed off that her entire life was a lie.

Free will, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    It feels more and more like they are setting up a ranger class for next expansion.

Now NE have dark rangers... It's no longer a horde only thing.
    I for one would like a hero class that isn't yet another edge Lord beginning with the letter D.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Delaryn's change of heart is tangibly okay, as in the end of Elegy, she had completely lost her faith in Elune.
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post

For one thing, Tyrande's story is amazing because it's been foretold in the End Times dungeon. Her ability to summon darkness was her whole deal in that encounter. Kudos to Blizzard for the callback.

Sira lost her faith. Imagine her situation! She relied on the goddess she worshipped for 10,000 some years to protect her from undeath and not abandon her. Well, Elune didn't show up. That's a major blow to someone's entire being. "I worshipped you for my entire life and you still do nothing for me" is enough to go full on atheist. She's raised as a monster, pissed off that her entire life was a lie.
    "God didn't stop the Concentration Camps, so I'm going to help Hitler round up my fellow Jews."

Faith in Elune or not, Sylvanas is still the one who not only slaughtered her people, but made her watch as thousands of civilians were burnt alive. She might hate Elune for not intervening, but it's absolutely absurd she'd help that same person finish the job.

If she was dragged off and tortured for weeks and driven insane to the point that her head can get flooded with absurd mental gymnastics, I could buy it a bit more. But not blinking awake and deciding "YAAS BANSHEE QUEEN SLAY".
    Last edited by Bigby; 2018-10-05 at 01:22 AM.

Gonna assume free will wasn't a priority when raising the night elves.

A few night elves joining Forsaken when they're raised? Sure. Most, if not all, turning their back on Elune/Tyrande but still hating the Forsaken? Completely understandable.

This is absolute nonsense though.

you really dont know nelf lore

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    But they serve Sylvanas, aka the Horde.
    I feel like I read in one of the other datamined convos on Wowhead that they revolt and go back to Alliance or not all of them went to Horde.

I don't remember exactly I just remember that there were some NE on alliance that were dark rangers now.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2018-10-05 at 01:26 AM.

How so? Given everything we know about Night Elves.
    Yes. And their really long lives, I'm sure this one situation destroyed their hundreds or thousands of years of faith.

I'd buy the lost faith and "it's not bad writing, guys" if it wasn't for Elune's vengeance literally being a major point of the quest line and zone backdrop.

Like, what.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    you really dont know nelf lore
    I know all the lore and also happen to like where the story is going.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. And their really long lives, I'm sure this one situation destroyed their hundreds or thousands of years of faith.
    Yeah experiencing death for the first time was probably a shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Lol that's like sylvanas willingly helping arthas kill her people.
    this is why i wish illidan was back on azeroth.
    so he could get redemption from his failure to stop arthas from becoming the lich king by killing sylvanas before she achieves her plan of apotheosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I feel like I read in one of the other datamined convos on Wowhead that they revolt and go back to Alliance.
    The only way they could possibly salvage this at all is if within literal seconds of being turned, both Sira and Delaryn both decided to use their undeath as a way to get close to Sylvanas and kill her. Considering the amount of trust Sylvanas oddly puts in people she really, really shouldn't at least that part would be consistent.

But considering pretty much everybody else who's ever been raised has zero problems serving her willingly after all of five seconds - barring Godfrey and Galen - I doubt it.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: [PTR] Horde side Darkshore questline SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by Reinal View Post
    tl;dr

Sira: i'm going to kill you
    Sira: oh no i'm being beaten but tyrande will save me
    Sira: oh no tyrande didn't show up guess i'm dead now
    Sira: screw tyrande 4 letting me die, ty for murdering me. i'm on your team now.
    Literally what

I'm kinda dumbfounded at this "turn of events", honestly.
    I am not surprised. There are NPCs introduced in Battle for Azeroth where this is their backstory, such as Captain Amalia Stone. Blizzard has a real hard-on for Stockholm Syndrome.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia