Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Yes. And their really long lives, I'm sure this one situation destroyed their hundreds or thousands of years of faith.
    This is the same thing that happened to the Bloodelves after the events of Silvermoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    I am not surprised. There are NPCs introduced in Battle for Azeroth where this is their backstory, such as Captain Amalia Stone. Blizzard has a real hard-on for Stockholm Syndrome.
    Amalia stone didnt just turn, she struggled and ran away at first. and The forsaken is lying to her, as she wouldnt know that anduin would accept her.

Not sure why they don't just come out and say Sylvanas mind controls her victims at this point. It's not like they actually care about retcons or keeping Sylvanas even remotely heroic. At least then it would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    This is the same thing that happened to the Bloodelves after the events of Silvermoon.
    The Blood Elves didn't join the Scourge immediately after.

I can see how they would turn, given just how faithful they were and, in their darkest hour, they were let down. I can seriously see how that would rattle them enough to turn on the spot. They died, and then were brought into undeath. Their faith betrayed them and kept them safe from none of it. I could really see how they would feel angry and betrayed enough to turn without question when their leader built themselves up to be a goddess but let it happen.

After all, they devoted hundreds and thousands of years, just to be abandoned in the end. I would be more then a little ticked off to after several hundred years of faithful service, just to be abandoned when I need them.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2018-10-05 at 01:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

#FREEWILL. Omegalul.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I can see how they would turn, given just how faithful they were and, in their darkest hour, they were let down. I can seriously see how that would rattle them enough to turn on the spot. They died, and then were brought into undeath. Their faith betrayed them and kept them safe from none of it. I could really see how they would feel angry and betrayed enough to turn without question when their leader built themselves up to be a goddess but let it happen.
    There's being pissed off that your leaders/faith let you down, and then there's siding with the person who actually killed you and gleefully slaughtered thousands of people you've known/loved/protected. Before your eyes. Out of spite. Specifically for you.

If let's say... the Ebon Blade raised her, and she swore off her devotion to Elune, that's one thing. It's that she's willing to help the person perform what she died trying to prevent who gleefully CAUSED the event that made her lose her faith, within literal seconds of being returned, that makes this so utterly ludicrous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    The Blood Elves didn't join the Scourge immediately after.
    I am talking about breaking faith, not the realism of joining the Forsaken.

The faith breaking is 100% believable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

There's being pissed off that your leaders/faith let you down, and then there's siding with the person who actually killed you and gleefully slaughtered thousands of people you've known/loved/protected. Before your eyes. Out of spite. Specifically for you.

If let's say... the Ebon Blade raised her, and she swore off her devotion to Elune, that's one thing. It's that she's willing to help the person perform what she died trying to prevent who gleefully CAUSED the event that made her lose her faith, within literal seconds of being returned, that makes this so utterly ludicrous.
    Well, like I said in my edit, hundreds of thousands of years of faith and service in their name, gone in the most dire time. I get it, it seems ludacris that they would happily serve the one who did it. I see it as their anger rationalizing that by working with the one who killed them, they could make elune / their leader answer for abandoning their people. I mean, how else would they take their revenge on their leader? We still don't know to what extent they will be seeing combat. It could easily be that they only ever try to strike at the leaders.

Just look at it from that point of view. You are fighting a monster, a monster that has taken everything from you. All you have left is hope and faith, but its crushed as you see what happens and how your faith, how their faith, did nothing to save them. How, despite the hundreds of years you and your loved ones all spent praying, elune and your leader choose to leave you to die. Then, to make matters worse, you're brought back mere moments after the fact to see that your leader is there, but is not interested in sparing you from a life of undeath. Further cementing the feeling of being abandoned.

To put it simply, they have been hurt and that wound was made deeper by the continued ignoring going on by their leader before their very eyes.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Well, like I said in my edit, hundreds of thousands of years of faith and service in their name, gone in the most dire time. I get it, it seems ludacris that they would happily serve the one who did it. I see it as their anger rationalizing that by working with the one who killed them, they could make elune / their leader answer for abandoning their people. I mean, how else would they take their revenge on their leader? We still don't know to what extent they will be seeing combat. It could easily be that they only ever try to strike at the leaders.

Just look at it from that point of view. You are fighting a monster, a monster that has taken everything from you. All you have left is hope and faith, but its crushed as you see what happens and how your faith, how their faith, did nothing to save them. How, despite the hundreds of years you and your loved ones all spent praying, elune and your leader choose to leave you to die. Then, to make matters worse, you're brought back mere moments after the fact to see that your leader is there, but is not interested in sparing you from a life of undeath. Further cementing the feeling of being abandoned.
    I don't think I'd gleefully jump into bed with the person who's actions literally caused every single horrible thing that occurred to me.

I might not be too thrilled at my deity, I may even be mad at my leaders for failing their military plan, but I'm not going to help the person DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for my crappy fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Even when we're completely rekt and bound to get the Mists plot in a patch or two we at least still get to shit on the night elves some more.
    Yeah, you've only had since 2010 for that, not nearly enough, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Yeah, you've only had since 2010 for that, not nearly enough, right?
    We'd have to burn a lot more trees to compensate for the future Peacechief Baine.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    We'd have to burn a lot more trees to compensate for the future Peacechief Baine.
    Only omnicidal maniacs are welcome in the Horde, I keep forgetting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I don't think I'd gleefully jump into bed with the person who's actions literally caused every single horrible thing that occurred to me.

I might not be too thrilled at my deity, I may even be mad at my leaders for failing their military plan, but I'm not going to help the person DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for my crappy fate.
    I would. After seeing elune save people before, and then not saving me in my hour of need as I fell, and Then to add to it, I see my leader doing nothing to stop my being forced into undeath? You best believe I would jump into that bed head first to get my vengeance.

I would. After seeing elune save people before, and then not saving me in my hour of need as I fell, and Then to add to it, I see my leader doing nothing to stop my being forced into undeath? You best believe I would jump into that bed head first to get my vengeance.
    That's skewed priorities to the extreme.

"The serial killer murdered my family, but the police and paramedics didn't get there in time, so I became the serial killer's apprentice to get back at them."

"The serial killer murdered my family, but the police and paramedics didn't get there in time, so I became the serial killer's apprentice to get back at them."
    To give some credit to Delaryn, she died with pretty much the same thoughts she voices right when she comes back to life. It's Sira who immediately declares herself Forsaken 4 Lyfe. That and I'll buy an Anduin shirt if Delaryn doesn't end up betraying Sylvanas by the end of the expansion. The parallels are pretty obvious.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Her free will has to have been taken away. That's the only logical explanation. As to by who, well who knows, but seriously this better be why.

See, you're comparing something that can't be compared. Its apples and oranges. They have seen elune intervene and save people before. They have watched as their goddess saved people from seemingly nowhere and impossible odds. Again, they don't want to be brought into undeath, yet what do they see right as they arise? Their leader, not stopping it. To me, thats a giant f you after that leader abandoned their home to let it burn instead of trying to evacuate people.

Im so fucking glad i abandoned ship, Tera may be a shit MMO but at least the Elins are cute

See, you're comparing something that can't be compared. Its apples and oranges. They have seen elune intervene and save people before. They have watched as their goddess saved people from seemingly nowhere and impossible odds. Again, they don't want to be brought into undeath, yet what do they see right as they arise? Their leader, not stopping it. To me, thats a giant f you after that leader abandoned their home to let it burn instead of trying to evacuate people.
    Elune didnt help them against the legion, and you didnt see people randomly join them