Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, that mind control is pretty much all but confirmed now eh?

Well, either that or blizzard's writers really have no freakin clue what they are doing.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    To give some credit to Delaryn, she died with pretty much the same thoughts she voices right when she comes back to life. It's Sira who immediately declares herself Forsaken 4 Lyfe. That and I'll buy an Anduin shirt if Delaryn doesn't end up betraying Sylvanas by the end of the expansion. The parallels are pretty obvious.
    Now you've done it, Golden will read that. I hope you're happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Oh man, that mind control is pretty much all but confirmed now eh?

Well, either that or blizzard's writers really have no freakin clue what they are doing.
    Both are equally likely. Hoping for the first, just for the salt mining. It won't quite be as dramatic as after the Warbringer release, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Now you've done it, Golden will read that. I hope you're happy.
    Someone will cap this post and hold me to it, I just know it.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Just a reminder that somebody was actually employed and paid to write this.
    "But you don't get the entire context in the game!!!"

As played out by the same folks who made that shit excuse of a pre-patch story.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSothe View Post
    Not sure why they don't just come out and say Sylvanas mind controls her victims at this point. It's not like they actually care about retcons or keeping Sylvanas even remotely heroic. At least then it would make sense.
    For all we know, they can pull a Galen Trollbane or Godfrey later and considering Calia is mentioned, I can see her robbing the new soldiers of Sylvanas for the Light
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Sylvanas murdered thousands of my people, but Elune/Tyrande didn't stop her, so now I'm going to help Sylvanas murder the rest of my people.

Jesus Christ.
    Honestly, same. It doesn't make any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit its bad.

Oh good god its bad.

How do these people have jobs?

"We all have our reasons for accepting the val'kyr's gift of undeath. Now is not the time to discuss them."

Blizzard addressing their own lore in a nutshell.

There's reasons they accept... but they can't be discussed now. To be more in-line with the recent changes up top in Blizzard... Sira thinks she wants undeath, but she doesn't. It all makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    "We all have our reasons for accepting the val'kyr's gift of undeath. Now is not the time to discuss them."

Blizzard addressing their own lore in a nutshell.

There's reasons they accept... but they can't be discussed now. To be more in-line with the recent changes up top in Blizzard... Sira basically thinks she wants undeath, but she doesn't.
    Or perhaps it's frontloading for another arc in the BfA story concerning undeath, this nebulous "forces of Death" that keeps coming up, and what-have-you.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Or perhaps it's frontloading for another arc in the BfA story concerning undeath, this nebulous "forces of Death" that keeps coming up, and what-have-you.
    All sarcasm and jokes aside, they don't do these things without a reason. This however looks bad, unless there's a specific and in-depth explanation for all of this coming up and a more in-depth explanation of the phenomenon of undeath and being raised into undeath. "Being confused" simply doesn't cut it at this point.

Absolute garbage writing, but then I'm not surprised the retards at Blizzard couldn't bring themselves to allow the night elves a single "Epic, we win!" moment.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I can't wait to hear sira's reason.

"Truth is...the game was rigged from the start.
    Sira shoots you in the head and so stars warcraft new vegas.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

God knows I tend to be one to defend blizzard's story telling where others scream asspull, but this is just ridiculous unless it is later revealed that Sylvanas is indeed mind controlling the newly risen forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    They should left something to hint the continuation of said storyline like some note you can read and has the picture of a dagger near of Sira. Heck in the alliance campaign when we kill that dark ranger she says something about a darkness and asking if that is what Sylvanas wants to save them, things like this is what we need
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

7+ Year Old Account
    Having just viewed the scenario myself in game, i have to say that i get the vibe Delaryn is very likely to betray Sylvanas sometime in the future. If i had to take a guess, Sylvanas and her dark rangers end up cornering Tyrande or someone else important, she gives the order to Delaryn and her dark rangers to kill whoever it is, only for Delaryn and co to turn around and point their bows at Sylvanas, causing her to flee.

Delaryn maintains a semblance of proper characterisation, we get to avoid a rehashed Sylvanas origin story, Sylvanas is forced to flee and the Alliance now has access to what is very likely the next class to be added to the game. The Dark Ranger.

Or, at least that's what i hope the devs aim to do. The alternatives seem to be a choice between "dumpster fire" and "dumpster full of manure on fire".
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Having just viewed the scenario myself in game, i have to say that i get the vibe Delaryn is very likely to betray Sylvanas sometime in the future. If i had to take a guess, Sylvanas and her dark rangers end up cornering Tyrande or someone else important, she gives the order to Delaryn and her dark rangers to kill whoever it is, only for Delaryn and co to turn around and point their bows at Sylvanas, causing her to flee.

Delaryn maintains a semblance of proper characterisation, we get to avoid a rehashed Sylvanas origin story, Sylvanas is forced to flee and the Alliance now has access to what is very likely the next class to be added to the game. The Dark Ranger.

Or, at least that's what i hope the devs aim to do. The alternatives seem to be a choice between "dumpster fire" and "dumpster full of manure on fire".
    I wonder how many night elves Blizzard will have her kill in pursuit of this goal however.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Consider this: you have been raised as Forsaken and you have free will. What do you do?

You can’t just go back to the night elves, they won’t accept you.

You could just hang around by yourself I guess but do that for eternity? Once you’ve been raised that’s it. You can choose to join the Forsaken it destroy yourself. Undeath is also confirmed to dull emotions, many undead remember their old lives and feelings but just don’t care anymore
    Me not that kind of Orc!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    I wonder how many night elves Blizzard will have her kill in pursuit of this goal however.
    As many as are needed, sadly.

The biggest casualty from all this though is the integrity of their writers.
    TEA IS DOWN!

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.

Sylvanas accidentally gives Delaryn a book with a sock in it, Delaryn declares herself a free elf and round house kicks Sylvanas
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    Consider this: you have been raised as Forsaken and you have free will. What do you do?

You can’t just go back to the night elves, they won’t accept you.

You could just hang around by yourself I guess but do that for eternity? Once you’ve been raised that’s it. You can choose to join the Forsaken it destroy yourself. Undeath is also confirmed to dull emotions, many undead remember their old lives and feelings but just don’t care anymore
    That's the same bullshit excuse used by the rest of Sylvanas' shoe-sniffers that struggle to imagine why anyone wouldn't serve.

The Death Knights, Before the Storm, and even Tyrande's dialogue in this very scenario shit on this reasoning. Better dead than red.