Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Imagine this; approve or not?

Let us hypothesize here, all in the name of good fun and lightheartedness.

Technology has made huge leaps. Nearly every month something amazing happens. Now, society has always changed due to technology.

We are now in America, 200 years in the future.

You are born and immediately undergo a process to be enchanted.

What does it mean to be enchanted?

It is a chip that is implanted inside your trapezoid. It is so small that the muscle isn't aware of its presence.

This chip has multiple functions but the most important are:

1) It gives off a signal that the police can pick up on. When this signal changes frequency, it means you have killed someone or sexually assaulted. (It does not matter how this technology acknowledges these traumatic events, it is capable of doing it.) Basically, if you're guilty, you're fucked. There is absolutely no way other than removing the device from yourself, which in itself will get you in trouble ... being signal-less.

2) It tracks your position 24/7/365. If it senses you're in danger, it sends out a S.O.S. automatically. Example: You're skiing and an avalanche happens. Your body activates the device and you're immediately pinpointed for rescue. Just a matter of surviving long enough for help. This is just an example, one of many possibilities.

3) Your device acts as an automatic log-in for everything, from unlocking and locking your home doors, office building, car, payment at the register, etc. It is so far in the future that this technology is un-hackable. You are 100% safe from malicious deeds.

Would you want society mandate this device? Why?

Easy answer for me, no, because my religion forbids it.

Sure, I don't have any issues with it.
    Aslong as they don't have shit like "sing the national anthem atleast once a day" or "pray x times a day".
    I am biased tho since I couldn't care less about "privacy".
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2018-10-05 at 01:48 AM.

I would want it. Accountability is always a good thing.

The best version of Humans lived about 50,000 years ago . They had 15% larger brain mass and much high IQ's on average . They had to survive , they had to be skilled at so many different things it took a larger brain . Ever since technology has made our lives easier and easier we have gotten stupid and weak ...so no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    The best version of Humans lived about 50,000 years ago . They had 15% larger brain mass and much high IQ's on average . They had to survive , they had to be skilled at so many different things it took a larger brain . Ever since technology has made our lives easier and easier we have gotten stupid and weak ...so no thanks
    Saying no doesn't magically make us go back to those "good ol' times" you know.
    You can go back living in some desert with some other people whilst I and others enjoy our lives.

Not even going to nitpick your delusional statement.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2018-10-05 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Saying no doesn't magically make us go back to those "good ol' times" you know.
    If everyone said yes we would end up like those tubby humans in the movie WAL-E and not be able to do anything for our selves and die of heart disease at age 25 .Besides everything in this scenario is already possible with your cell phone seeing as the NSA recorders everything we do and say according to revelations by Edward Snowden ...if you are in danger you dial 911 and they can triangulate you within a couple of yards ...your phone can already log you into everything and make payments so why is this 200 years in the future ?

10+ Year Old Account
    10000% nope, because we all know governments would use this technology to control the entire population under a Totalitarian regime. As for this fallacious "If you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to fear" bullshit, it's old Nazi propaganda and can fuck right off. You've got to be a special kind of stupid to willingly submit yourself to a system of total enslavement, under this false guise of "security and safety" and because you're too fucking lazy to tap your debit card.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I'd rather not be chipped and tracked like I was cattle. There's no way we'd be able to stop government and private agencies from exploiting the massive surveilance and control that comes with this.

By that time I'm sure there's plenty of good ways to solve crimes anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    You can go back living in some desert with some other people whilst I and others enjoy our lives.
    I can guarantee you living a life under 24/7/365 mass surveillance where you can't even wipe you ass without Big Brother knowing about it, is not a life the vast majority of the human population would "enjoy"...

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post

Technology has made huge leaps. Nearly every month something amazing happens. Now, society has always changed due to technology.

It is a chip that is implanted inside your trapezoid. It is so small that the muscle isn't aware of its presence.

1) It gives off a signal that the police can pick up on. When this signal changes frequency, it means you have killed someone or sexually assaulted. (It does not matter how this technology acknowledges these traumatic events, it is capable of doing it.) Basically, if you're guilty, you're fucked. There is absolutely no way other than removing the device from yourself, which in itself will get you in trouble ... being signal-less.

2) It tracks your position 24/7/365. If it senses you're in danger, it sends out a S.O.S. automatically. Example: You're skiing and an avalanche happens. Your body activates the device and you're immediately pinpointed for rescue. Just a matter of surviving long enough for help. This is just an example, one of many possibilities.

3) Your device acts as an automatic log-in for everything, from unlocking and locking your home doors, office building, car, payment at the register, etc. It is so far in the future that this technology is un-hackable. You are 100% safe from malicious deeds.

Why in 200 years? This is achievable today, or next Thursday at the latest.

Either way, anyone who tries to force me to include bad and intrusive tech with good and helpful one does not have my best interest in mind so ...NO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Why in 200 years? This is achievable today, or next Thursday at the latest.

Either way, anyone who tries to force me to include bad and intrusive tech with good and helpful one does not have my best interest in mind so ...NO.
    Because that's the only way they can sell these invasive mass surveillance systems, because they know the vast majority of people wouldn't support it if they knew what it's true intentions are.

Sure, the government will be able track your every move and do away with all your fundamental human rights, but did you know you can also open your door without a key!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!.....

What if the Chinese hack it and turn us all into homicidal maniacs.

I like people not knowing what I am up to.

No I rather not live out a real life version of Psycho-Pass.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Hell no!
    I love my independence!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't this a black mirror episode?

Where the population had chip cameras in their brain recording everything, storing it to be recalled back at any time, leaving traces if erased, etc. I mean they used it without going full Minority Report (as you have done...) to poor effect. I didn't get the point of that episode at all, but then black mirror to me is just a poor ripoff of The Twilight Zone.

Either way you trope it - "The man who gives up all of his freedoms to be safe will find, in the end, he has neither freedom nor safety." (paraphrased the heck out of from Franklin's original)

So that's a firm no thank you from me.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mandate it? No

But if you are convicted of a violent crime then yes and it should be for life. However if people elect to have them that is cool too, there are a a lot of benefits
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    @Weeps

I like the intent of it, however it would have to be something where everyone gives consent for it. It would have to be opt-in.

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post

As much as I love this type of stuff, im a BIG Ghost in the Shell fan, I would have to say no.
    Social media has taught me a very important lesson the past 6-7 years of using it and its the value of my data. A lot of people really dont ever consider what it is that they give away for free by using it. Not that im approaching this as some conspiracy or anything like that... you could if you wanted too though!

When you give up your online presence such as facebook you become something as a "mystery". For example to give you context: there is a girl i like, she looks for me on fb, and I am not to be found. So who am I? All her preconceived opinions about me would change or rather dont exist. Im able to express myself more comfortably and establish a more meaningful relationship based on actions and human communication rather than posts/tweets. This is just an example of privacy and i feel like it brings a lot of value and FREEDOM.

Back on topic: I feel like the same would apply. If I gave out my data freely like this all sense of privacy would be gone, i would never be able to become lost, and therefore never be able to be alone. Besides the amount of responsibility and trust you must give to the people who are able to access your data, knowing that you can escape anything is liberating and not something you should give away.
    To all the people who would allow a chip like this to be inputted in them: Do you think there would be psychological ramifications for using it? Such as depression, anxiety or maybe something else?
    Im interested to hear your opinion too!

Great topic btw!
    Last edited by buddhapunch09; 2018-10-05 at 03:58 AM.
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl