Assassination Rogue - Rotation and sustaining DPS on a target.

Hello,

I am trying to get the better of my class. Currently I am struggling to keep a high DPS on single targets. With my openers I get 12k DPS then it will drop aroung 6-7-8k depending if the fight is moving a lot (dodging stuff etc.)

The rotation use is : Stealth - Garotte(renew at 5 seconds left) - Mutilate (4-5 combo) - Rupture(Renew at 8 seconds left) - Vendetta - Toxic Blade - Mutilate - Envenom - repeat unless I have to reset a bleed.

My talents are :
    Level 15: Elaborate Planning
    Level 30: Subterfuge
    Level 45: Vigor
    Level 60: Cheat Death
    Level 75: Prey on the weak
    Level 90: Toxic Blade Or Exsanguinate
    Level 100: Poison Bomb

I have logs but it seems I don't have permission to post attachements, link or image .

Well I want to know what am I doing wrong ? And how can I improve my damage which seems very unstable atm.

One thing you should be aware of when running subterfuge is that the garrote cast in that 3 second window after stealth is empowered. This means that you don't want to overwrite that with a weaker garrote. Let the empowered garrote finish ticking before reapplying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranator View Post
    Hello,

I am trying to get the better of my class. Currently I am struggling to keep a high DPS on single targets. With my openers I get 12k DPS then it will drop aroung 6-7-8k depending if the fight is moving a lot (dodging stuff etc.)

The rotation use is : Stealth - Garotte(renew at 5 seconds left) - Mutilate (4-5 combo) - Rupture(Renew at 8 seconds left) - Vendetta - Toxic Blade - Mutilate - Envenom - repeat unless I have to reset a bleed.

My talents are :
    Level 15: Elaborate Planning
    Level 30: Subterfuge
    Level 45: Vigor
    Level 60: Cheat Death
    Level 75: Prey on the weak
    Level 90: Toxic Blade Or Exsanguinate
    Level 100: Poison Bomb

I have logs but it seems I don't have permission to post attachements, link or image .

Well I want to know what am I doing wrong ? And how can I improve my damage which seems very unstable atm.
    I'm using a similar build, except I use Exsanguinate, it's a longer cooldown so I find it's usage easier to line up.
    I don't know what your opener is but 13k is low for the opener, especially with PB, when I switch to Crimson tempest for Cleave my openers still aren't 13k, usually 16-18k.

During Exsanguinate and under Lust effects, you should maintain Elaborate planning buff on target without really dropping energy. When outside of those windows you should do your best to maintain Envenom buff on enemy. Basically I use these 2 buffs as my rhythm for energy pooling. When refreshing ruptures you are going to drop envenom, it's not a big deal at that point.

I don't know your build either, but at some point your vanish should be used in your opener, guessing here but: Stealth - Gar - Mut - Rupt - Ven - Tox Bld (If talented) - Mut - Env - Mut/Env spam.... - Vanish to reapply Gar - etc...

Really, if I wasn't running Shrouded Suffocation still, I might switch out Subterfuge for master assassin and use it for after Tox Bld at 5cp for big envenom, mut, env windows. I haven't simmed to see if it would be a massive DPS loss, but I really don't think so. It would only affect AOE at most.

If we get azerite traits that drop the cooldown of vendetta or vanish, I suspect Master Assassin will be the better choice compared to Sub.
    Last edited by McFuu; 2018-10-05 at 03:20 AM.

I've actually been loving master assassin it clearly needed a higher crit value before it's viable to use over 80% with your personal crit +reoringination crit buff and master assassin is pretty nice.

- - - Updated - - -

I've actually been loving master assassin it clearly needed a higher crit value before it's viable to use over 80% with your personal crit +reoringination crit buff and master assassin is pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Akachan View Post
    One thing you should be aware of when running subterfuge is that the garrote cast in that 3 second window after stealth is empowered. This means that you don't want to overwrite that with a weaker garrote. Let the empowered garrote finish ticking before reapplying.
    "Fixed a bug causing the bonus damage from Shrouded Suffocation to fall off if the rogue used Garrote on another target."- October 4th Hotfixes

Quote Originally Posted by omri1212000 View Post
    "Fixed a bug causing the bonus damage from Shrouded Suffocation to fall off if the rogue used Garrote on another target."- October 4th Hotfixes
    I wasn't talking about shrouded suffocation specifically, but subterfuge. The op was running subterfuge and clipping his empowered garrote early, which is a contributor to his lower dps.

kind of a thread highjack question why am i simming mastery as best stat all of a sudden as assas? did something change?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    kind of a thread highjack question why am i simming mastery as best stat all of a sudden as assas? did something change?
    Did you get a new piece with lots of crit and/or haste? Nothing has changed balance wise

for reference my stat weights (ilvl 345) are:

Weapon DPS 9.12

Agility 1.81

Haste 1.65

Critical Strike 1.47

Mastery 1.41

Versatility 1.30

Off Hand Weapon DPS 0.97

Quote Originally Posted by Dunderstudy View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Fun fact, if you eat a secondary food, reorigination array will change to that secondary food. Obviously it's not going to change to agi.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranator View Post
    Hello,

The rotation use is : Stealth - Garotte(renew at 5 seconds left) - Mutilate (4-5 combo) - Rupture(Renew at 8 seconds left) - Vendetta - Toxic Blade - Mutilate - Envenom - repeat unless I have to reset a bleed..
    The Simple version of muti is just to keep up Rupture and Garrotte on the target and then just mutilate until 4/5 point Envenom. TB when all your poisons/bleeds are up on the target.

Is it even worth bothering pooling energy for Envenoms any more if TB isn't up?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Fun fact, if you eat a secondary food, reorigination array will change to that secondary food. Obviously it's not going to change to agi.
    it always changes to your second highest trait (agi being first) ...

Quote Originally Posted by JSA2422 View Post
    It always changes to your highest secondary stat.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

No I'm saying if you eat a specific food, ie Haste food, Crit food, it will change to the food type. When I step into the raid, my RA is set to Crit, because it's my highest secondary stat (by a couple of hundred points) when I eat haste food which is only 75 to haste and isn't increasing my haste over my Crit, my RA changes to Haste.

Edit: actually I'm an idiot, my Crit and Haste are near enough that food sends me over. I swear I quadruple checked it in raid when it started to occur.
    Last edited by McFuu; 2018-10-05 at 03:02 PM.

Not enough information here to help. What is your character name and realm? Don't know if you're ilvl 320 or 390 and we can look up your logs. Also, ravenholdt.net for your rotation/opener.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    It always changes to your highest secondary stat.
    thanks for correcting my english man - awesome bro!

thanks for correcting my english man - awesome bro!
    No offense intended. But your post was really weirdly worded.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by anyx View Post
    Not enough information here to help. What is your character name and realm? Don't know if you're ilvl 320 or 390 and we can look up your logs. Also, ravenholdt.net for your rotation/opener.
    Hi,

I am Ilvl 357 and my character's name is Brutale on Thrall.

Ravenholdt is where I usually go for informations.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    First off get urself some shrouded suffocation traits and toss toxic blade for exsang.

Your azerite traits are bad, but I understand if that is all you have. RNG is fun. Your rupture and garrote uptimes are %50~ on the 1 fight you have a log for that you didnt just rupture the boss and afk, those should be as close to 100% as possible. You arent using the opener from ravenholdt, there was even a 14 second gap after the first 6 seconds where you didn't use an ability. I'd also suggest watching Infexious' assassination rogue guide. Use Bloodmallet.com and Raidbots.com to sim your character for azerite traits/talents/stat weights. Swap back to toxic blade and use it on cooldown.