Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mechagnomes *spoilers*

So I am just taking a guess here, but with Mekkatorque being stuck in a block of ice and this here in game text from the patch, I think the alliance may be getting mechagnomes. What else could this ritual even mean? Become a weapon of the Alliance? They use the word colossal, but many things can be colossal to a gnome. Maybe mechagnomes are like their titan ancestors but have half gnome, half mechagnome, like a gnome android, like they are one with a big mech suit.

Honestly that makes gnomes a lot cooler lol. Mekkatorque is in the spotight for a reason. Finally some gnome time.

Gnome Ritual
    I know what you must be thinking. Why would any otherwise intelligent beast choose this path for himself?
    When I heard the gnomes were looking for a volunteer, I knew I had found my calling.
    Their device converts intelligence into brute strength, and I'm the smartest among my kind.
    It is not without risk, however.
    I've been warned that my sharp wit will lose its edge after the procedure.
    But as long as I keep this handsome face, should I really care?
    I use humor to mask my anxiety.
    Between friends, I am a little nervous.
    Mostly I worry I won't be good enough.
    I want to exceed everyone's expectations.
    But we're in this together, $p, right? You won't let me fail.
    I want to become so colossal that the Horde trembles in fear at the sight of me!
    Whatever the cost, it will be worth it to see the Horde pay for what they have done.
    I know the risks, $p. And I accept them.
    I am ready to become a weapon of the Alliance.
    We can use this power to our advantage. Go forth and destroy the Horde, but do it quickly! We can only hold the ritual for so long....
    Between this and the raid mech fight, I could even see this leading into a tinker class, so they are fleshing out some gnome lore to support it.

*So he's talking about a gorilla, but their are still other hints to this. Hopefullyit continues because gnomes have shit.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2018-10-05 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Maybe mechagnomes are like their titan ancestors but have half gnome, half mechagnome, like a gnome android
    I think the word you're looking for is cyborg, andrioid would be full robot.

like they are one with a big mech suit.
    So, Gnome Dreadnoughts?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

So I am just taking a guess here, but with Mekkatorque being stuck in a block of ice and this here in game text from the patch, I think the alliance may be getting mechagnomes. What else could this ritual even mean? Become a weapon of the Alliance? They use the word colossal, but many things can be colossal to a gnome. Maybe mechagnomes are like their titan ancestors but have half gnome, half mechagnome, like a gnome android, like they are one with a big mech suit.

Honestly that makes gnomes a lot cooler lol. Mekkatorque is in the spotight for a reason. Finally some gnome time.

Between this and the raid mech fight, I could even see this leading into a tinker class, so they are fleshing out some gnome lore to support it.
    with the wording, the first thing to come to mind is golems, much like the way the AU and Argus draenei put their souls into constructs?

The text you linked is about the gorilla boss. The gnomes turn his intelligence into size.

I'm pretty sure this dialogue belongs to Grong. The massive gorilla boss in the Zuldazar raid. There's datamined models of him as a normal gorilla and another of him as the huge beast the Horde will fight in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I think the word you're looking for is cyborg, andrioid would be full robot.

So, Gnome Dreadnoughts?
    Yes, thank you, pretty much. the text implies they are actually being turned into something else and not just using some tech.

What has the Horde done to the Gorilla that makes him willing to do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    The text you linked is about the gorilla boss. The gnomes turn his intelligence into size.
    Hmmm, well they made the lore that it's possible to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    "I've became weapon of my human masters !"

Wow, gnomes finally have real purpose in their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    Pretty sure that both Alliance and Horde have quests offered by the Zandalari to wipe out the smart gorillas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    I think we killed a lot of his people in Zuldazar questing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Pretty sure that both Alliance and Horde have quests offered by the Zandalari to wipe out the smart gorillas.
    You beat me twice in the same thread lol

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    So, Gnome Dreadnoughts?
    I really want that, with hand mounted rocket launchers and chainsaws!

If they do this ritual on the gorilla, and then say that it can only last so long, how does the gorilla stay that size and also be undead for the alliance fight? They both fight him right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    If not a race, making it a Tinker tank spec. or ranged.

If they do this ritual on the gorilla, and then say that it can only last so long, how does the gorilla stay that size and also be undead for the alliance fight? They both fight him right?

- - - Updated - - -

If not a race, making it a Tinker tank spec. or ranged.
    Isn't it one of the fights that the alliance 'mercs'?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Isn't it one of the fights that the alliance 'mercs'?
    King Grong for Horde / Grong the Revenant for Alliance

So somehow the ritual becomes permanent, staying huge, and then he becomes undead. Which is a really good model btw.

15+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Schattenlied;50252385]I think the word you're looking for is cyborg, andrioid would be full robot.

NEVER go full robot.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    It's gnomes. It'll be hand mounted chainsaw rocket launchers.

I actually think the lead in to the Mechagnomes will involve the missing gnomes of Kul Tiras. There's a quest chain about it in Tiragarde Sound. You find a broken robot, and the gnome nearby mentions all the gnomes of Boralus having gone missing and that they had lost contact with them ages ago. You're then asked to search through a scrapyard full of seemingly sentient robot dogs and mecha-units, to no avail.

I think this is the first story step towards finding out that the gnomes somehow turned into mechagnomes.

It basically means the Alliance will get gnomes with a continously fading intellgence in return for... strenght? Right. A gnome that will make the Horde cover in fear? That's not happening.

Everything points to mechagnomes being an allied race and I feel sorry for the Alliance. Crazy elves, fat humans and unintelligent cyborg gnomes that are supposed to make someone scared. I just hope they don't add equally ridiculous Horde parallels, though the vulpera seem to be an innevitable addition...