Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Out of curiosity, what would constitute a good Brawl?
    to me i'd say on that doesn't require you to have specific cards that shuts down 99% of decks or that allow to win on turn 1. honestly my most fav brawls are the tag teams against bosses even if i get idiots
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without netdecking Secret Hunter was the first deck I tried with Cloaked Huntress, never lost a game with it.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Out of curiosity, what would constitute a good Brawl?
    To me exactly Brawls like this, fast. Although this particular one does depend heavily on your collection for the tier 1 decks and it's Wild.

Trying the Disco Lock mentioned above, almost lost to a prep rogue but got lucky with a Fist of Jaraxxus shot. Clutchmother Xavas (+2/+2 and returned when discarded) would be good to try but I don't have it and there's no way I'm crafting a legendary for a Tavern Brawl.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2018-09-28 at 03:49 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    to me i'd say on that doesn't require you to have specific cards that shuts down 99% of decks or that allow to win on turn 1. honestly my most fav brawls are the tag teams against bosses even if i get idiots
    All of these "shutdown" decks have their own hard counter, which rises in popularity as the first ones become prevalent. These then breed further counters, which breed further counters, which are then possibly even countered by the first deck.

On day one it's always rough as people see "Oh IF Priest, yeah that works, I'll do that" and you don't have the spread yet. As days move on, you start seeing MANY more decks - particularly towards the end of the Brawl when people are playing for fun.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    This week!

Step One: Pick Druid
    Step Two: Fill with ramp, draw and Innervate
    Step Three: Add Yogg
    Step Four: Let the hilarity roll!
    Thank you kind sir, I played this deck and it was fantastic and hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    Same, they are my favorite too!

I hate the brawls that take too long every game, like the one in which your deck is filled with portals...

10+ Year Old Account
    Took me 6 tries after pulling some decent minions with infest.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Beat it with Pirate, after having a 16/16 murloc to 2-shot the head.

So i tried this weeks brawl as a warrior...

Why the fuck would blizzard give me "Deadly Arsenal" if the deck has no weapon in it.

I was sitting on that card for like 10 turns just to wait for the right moment to clear all the little trash...turns out its useless...

Why would they do this :O

That's Blizzard for you.

Like... what's the "win condition" in this week's brawl? I think I've tried 4 times now and have yet to defeat the Blingtron. I think the closest we've gotten is like 30 health or something like that.
    Doesn't help when my druid buddies use Ancient of Lore to heal themselves instead of drawing cards when they are at like 22 health and have no cards in hand -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Like... what's the "win condition" in this week's brawl? I think I've tried 4 times now and have yet to defeat the Blingtron. I think the closest we've gotten is like 30 health or something like that.
    Doesn't help when my druid buddies use Ancient of Lore to heal themselves instead of drawing cards when they are at like 22 health and have no cards in hand -.-
    As Druid it really helps if you get fuegan and stalag early so you can beat the mechazod down to half then let the mage finish him with spells. But generally you need to keep small things on the board I think to eat up his stuff and try and ramp early.

15+ Year Old Account
    Funny game I had this week.

Me and this guy were winning easily, we built our board quite nicely, gave each other free spells, mana crystals and all that. Then I decided to fill my board fully to utilize double Savage Roar on my next turn, forgetting that if my side is full when Boss is about to return to me he will just kill everything on my side. And yeah, you can imagine what happened. I left all of my minions alive, didn't hit him with a single one. Opponent's turn came, boss killed every single one of my minions and all our hard work was undone in the end we lost but barely, boss only had 1 HP.
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    The most important thing is to not ram your minions into Mechazod each turn. You'll generally win by burst-combo'ing him down, not chip damage. It's FAR more important to have your minions not attack and stay alive to soak his Rocket Salvo, which effectively adds health to you (since it would instead hit your faces).

5+ Year Old Account
    Played Odd paladin and went 6-3 since I do not have all the new cards to make meta decks.

I went 7-3 with odd paladin, not running any new cards but still performed quite well. 2 of my losses were against taunt druid which is like the perfect counter to my deck, the other against a hunter where I had a very shitty hand and he had more tempo because of it. Surprisingly I've seen very little new cards from this expansion in any of my opponents deck. It felt like we were just playing the same meta before Rastakhan's Rumble was released.

I got 10 wins with an Even Warlock deck, 0 Rastakhan cards.

15+ Year Old Account
    I autofilled my free run just to get the pack and I actually beat two people.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Deleted
    New Tavern Brawl is you choosing your Whizbang deck. My recommendation for winning is Mage/Hunter and maybe Warlock(would be far better if it had the discard quest lol), least recommended being Rogue. By far. Maybe I just can't play that deck, but the rogue one seems the worst.

Note: the mage Dragon Fury will do 5/7 dmg as long as you have any spells left(out of a total of 6) allowing you to clear most boards.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rogue deck relies on meaty Cannon Barrages to win. It's unreliable, esp vs slower decks that can keep the board clear and heal up.

The discolock deck not having the quest is beyond baffling. It's made an already unreliable deck worse by not giving you the insurance policy of "at least you get imps each turn".

Dragon Warrior seems nicely tuned. Wouldn't fare well on ladder vs combo decks as it doesn't have its own hard win-condition apart from surviving and out-valuing.

Paladin is fun in this one since I don't think any...?... of the decks have silence. Prelates can get pretty wild

Shaman is an RNG fest. Next.

Hunter is pretty good in the Brawl, Halazzi is fun to play with

Odd Mage is Odd Mage. You've all seen it before. Thankfully doesn't have Zola in it for Jan'alai.

Surrender To Madness Priest is the most fun meme deck you'll never want to actually craft. The trick is to get a bunch of copies of things shuffled into your deck throughout the game, and hold STM until late game before you draw them all with Bwonsamdi. Bonus points for playing STM and Zihi on turn 9.

Gonk Druid has all the makings of a fun meme deck with horrible execution. Doesn't have the ramp and insane armour gen of the ladder version, which is necessary to (a) assemble your combo and (b) actually have enough life to facetank minions during your Gonk combo. Instead is has a bunch of weenie minions and is basically a poor mash of two different deck goals.