Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Using 1.12 instead of the earlier patches will screw it up.

I think there's a greater than 0 chance they'll add shared tagging or dynamic spawn rates. Another thing that will ruin it is not going to be on Blizzard's end. It is going to be the modern WoW mindset and playerbase. I'm sure someone will create a gearscore addon and that will be used to dictate if someone comes to raid. I don't think you can recreate the vanilla experience when it isn't brand new for everyone. The social interaction will be nowhere near what it once was. It will be better than live because the game will force it, but it won't be like it was.

They will re-release it and people will finally see how shitty it nowadays is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Using 1.12 instead of the earlier patches will screw it up.
    How about this - every player can use their preferred patch numbers for their class? Would that fix it for you?
    How would you chose which patch? People have asked for Vanilla, not a specific patch dude. Should they poll it? If so, how? Why should they poll it? Shouldn't they just pick the most playable patch of the thing people are asking for? Maybe you want to start out with the beta patches, gradually patch up at the same dates the real patches happened, bugs and all? But if people know the bugs, they can use them to their advantage? Do you know a lot of the bugs, and want to use them? Why? How would the patching up work?

They’ll add a cash shop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    We all know Blizzard won't just give us classic wow. They'll put their own delusional spin on it, and the final product won't even be close to the original 1.12 game. I can see them adding in a ton of QOL changes, achievements, and maybe going so far as to implement dungeon finder.
    I have long suspected that Brack's 'You think you do, but you don't' comment was perfectly sincere and accurate, and the reasoning behind it was such he could not and can not in any way elaborate on it and has taken a lot of criticism for trying to give players good advice given the limitations on what he can say.

He has been inside blizzard for decades and (following your and my own reasoning) had to know that blizz wouldn't put out an un-improved classic version with a lot of the same changes classic proponents wanted to get away from - you think you want classic, but you won't want it after we fix it.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    People were far more concerned with gear score than linked achievements in Wrath. Toxic is a buzzword. The only difference between inspecting someone and linking an achievement is that you have to walk over for the former. If anything inspection is more ""toxic"" because if you don't have an achievement, you don't have an achievement. If you don't have the gear, you end up walking over and then dealing with "LOL your gear is shit. Why are you using X? What a retard."

I wish people wouldn't meme about social interaction as if walking over to the IF bridge and being clicked on is some revolutionary or in any way significant social event.
    I didn't say it was significant. But it is social interaction and to me, preferable to achievements. It's more akin to what would happen in-game IRL'ly. Would your character have a certificate to say "The bearer of this certificate has killed Onyxia. Signed Bolvar" or would people want to check out your gear?

It's more RP to have your gear checked.

It's the myriad small interactions like this that help make vanilla rather than the faceless "link achieve" types of later years that ended up removing all social interaction.

Maybe on your server they were obsessed with GS but on mine they wanted "LINK ACHEIVE" and probably spelt it wrong too.
    Last edited by Gavll; 2018-10-05 at 03:46 PM.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I would demand they change is the 1 grave yard per zone

15+ Year Old Account
    Tokens. Cross realm zones.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by marty096 View Post
    I agree, but I don't see any way that they don't add sharding or some form of it, especially in the beginning. Questing will be near impossible without it and server lag will be insane. Blizzard isn't going to want people to have that experience. They want people to keep playing.
    But that's the only time sharding does anything. So what's so terrible about it?

We all know Blizzard won't just give us classic wow. They'll put their own delusional spin on it, and the final product won't even be close to the original 1.12 game. I can see them adding in a ton of QOL changes, achievements, and maybe going so far as to implement dungeon finder.
    more likely that they give you exactly what you are asking for and people still complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    There aren't going to be any changes that will ruin the game

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest..

.. I forsee players making the most damage. Either in the form of demands because they are missing things they've gotten used to from live. Or something worse, elitism central.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Sharding and tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    -Achievements are among the reason for the decline of modern gaming, the carrot on the stick, one of the key features that keep giving you tiny dopamine releases. It's one of the reasons modern wow is an entirely different beast than it used to be, and is absolutely NOT a minor thing.

-The decay is exactly what might change because its one of the things that really inspired bad/unhealthy behaviour from the playerbase.

-A modern group finding tool would change the experience drastically from one where you need to socialize, to a more anonymous like today's where a group basically doesn't talk until the final boss is dead and the members maybe say "glhf" before dropping and hearthing out.

-Unlimited debuff slots is a much larger dps increase than 10%, raid dps skyrocketed from 8 to 16 slots on the progressive privates for organized groups, and unlimited will do the same. In the larger scheme it won't change much so long as raid bosses are tuned around it from the beginning. This is one of the things that wouldn't make or break it for me, as long as it's done properly.
    There were many group finding addons in vanilla that used world defense channel to organize groups. There will be a modern tool like LFG tool, nothing automated it will look like the current tool for finding players for M+. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    They will likely do something stupid like retuning every single class and spec to be balanced.

Then they will introduce sharding, and *forget* how this will interact with worldbosses (there was no weekly loot lockout in vanilla, only respawntimers).
    To be fair I can't decide whether the lockout system is better than the respawn timer system. I didn't play classic or BC at high level so I didn't do those world bosses, but I do remember Galleon. How he spawned once a week, twice at best.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bring on the new tap system.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    To be fair I can't decide whether the lockout system is better than the respawn timer system. I didn't play classic or BC at high level so I didn't do those world bosses, but I do remember Galleon. How he spawned once a week, twice at best.
    Imo the lockout system beat respawn system by miles.
    You cant compare galleon to the vanilla bosses. Galleon could be tagged by anyone and he was always spawned when servers came up after weekly reset. The vanilla bosses had 1 tag by the raid that dmgd it first :<

Even players like me who played vanilla wow 12+ hours a day rarely got to kill the world bosses unless they were in a guild that actively tried to get them. I got to kill Azuregos only once in the first halfyear while it was considered current content simply because it was so close to Orgrimmar so hordes always got that one :P Also azuregos was pretty much the only worldboss that was considered puggable at the time.

As for the green ones it was also very rare to get to them first with a full raid.

Almost every single kill was *stolen* by 2 or 3 top guilds on my severs which had lvl 1 alts camped on all spawnsites, having ppl randomly log them every 30min or so to check if anything had spawned, once a boss spawned ppl would call home to the players and wake them up even in the middle of the night or 5 in the morning to log on and kill the boss xD

You cant compare galleon to the vanilla bosses. Galleon could be tagged by anyone and he was always spawned when servers came up after weekly reset. The vanilla bosses had 1 tag by the raid that dmgd it first :<
    So? Kill the raid and tag yourself. That's the best part about world bosses, fighting for the kill with the opposite faction, not killing the boss itself.

Even players like me who played vanilla wow 12+ hours a day rarely got to kill the world bosses unless they were in a guild that actively tried to get them. I got to kill Azuregos only once in the first halfyear while it was considered current content simply because it was so close to Orgrimmar so hordes always got that one :P Also azuregos was pretty much the only worldboss that was considered puggable at the time.
    Which is by design. Want to kill big guys? Join a good guild.

Almost every single kill was *stolen* by 2 or 3 top guilds on my severs which had lvl 1 alts camped on all spawnsites, having ppl randomly log them every 30min or so to check if anything had spawned, once a boss spawned ppl would call home to the players and wake them up even in the middle of the night or 5 in the morning to log on and kill the boss xD
    So they were better than you.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

As for the green ones it was also very rare to get to them first with a full raid.

At the beginning he was tagged only by the group who first hit him. The entire realm could come to help afterwards and no one but the groupmates of the guy who first hit it got loot. Later they made it faction tag, and later still free tag.

Though I do sympathize with you. I brought up Galleon because he was the rare world boss of MoP. I only actually got a tag on him once during the expansion. My guild had just finished MSV, we'd hearthed to Shrine to head for HoF and as a few of us were passing over the northwestern edge of Vot4W where the Hidden Master was we heard the spawn yell and immediately diverted course.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.