Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Urgh... Mechagnomes... I'll never understand the appeal. Every piece of art about them is utterly ugly, easily beating the likes of Ogres, Krokul and the likes. Plus Cyborg gnomes would make even less sense than Void Elves. How would it even works in the world of WoW ? Did the gnomes cured the Curse of Flesh, but only on specific locations of their bodies ?

God, I hate this idea.

the real clue to mechagnomes is what happens to mekkatorque. He uses some device allegedly of his own invention, that cryofreezes him when he almost dies. Neither Anduin an extremely poweful priest, or Jaina the most powerful known frost(Tidesage) mage in the universe are able to fix it.

I think that there will be a questline later similar to the Night Warrior one in which a scrappy young gnomes new idea will use some combination of magic fueled technology to return Mekkatorque to being a Mekkagnome making his wounds more easily fixed.

thus we'll have gnomes that either knowingly go through the proceedure to gain the advantage of not being humanoid, or that tech will have come from some friendly mechagnomes who will join the cause
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Jaina the most powerful known frost(Tidesage) mage in the universe are able to fix it.
    ok, first of all, frost mages arent bloody tidesages.

and in no fucking way is jaina the universes most powerful mage, like what the fuck have you been smoking?

Formerly known as Arafal

Why would Blizzard add more gnomes? It does not make much sense. It already is a terrible joke race.

Quote Originally Posted by Eraten View Post
    Urgh... Mechagnomes... I'll never understand the appeal. Every piece of art about them is utterly ugly, easily beating the likes of Ogres, Krokul and the likes. Plus Cyborg gnomes would make even less sense than Void Elves. How would it even works in the world of WoW ? Did the gnomes cured the Curse of Flesh, but only on specific locations of their bodies ?

God, I hate this idea.
    1)you dont have to like something to understand "other people like it"
    2) robots are cool, just look at the last 100 years of humans loving robots
    3) people like Ogres and Krokrul and want them playable sooo....
    4) cyborgs literally exist in real life. There are millions of humans with prosthetic arms, legs, even their hearts. It would be EASIER in wow as they have things like infinite power sources, shrink rays and the like. Like all it would take is a moderately powerful enchanter to 'enchant' a artifical limb with a weak animation spell that causes it to respond to the mental commands of the person with the matching implanted biochip

as i've said a million times on this site, original concept of warcraft is green aliens invade via stargate crafted by a godlike alien, using the body of a animated golem tainted by Cthulian magic(medivh, a human) working with a animated golem tainted by primal life magic(Guldan, an orc)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Why would Blizzard add more gnomes? It does not make much sense. It already is a terrible joke race.
    this is a joke right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    ok, first of all, frost mages arent bloody tidesages.

and in no fucking way is jaina the universes most powerful mage, like what the fuck have you been smoking?
    first of all Jaina is from Kul Tiras in which has an entire sect of mages that specifically use water magic which is where frost magic comes from. There is literally no evidence to suggest Tidesages arent just a culturally different Water Spec mage. regardless its obvious with this new info that Jaina probably decided to focus on ice magic because she was already familiar with water magic before she went to Dalaran
    ALSO i put it in parenthesis so as not to emphasis it but bring it up but get triggered i guess

2 name one mage stronger than her

3 I said FROST mage

4 Do you have a point?
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    -snip-
    Azshara is a more powerful mage, even before she was turned into a Naga.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

*in discussing mechagnomes*
    " someone who knows a ton about ice magic cant do something about this ice so logically there is probably nothing that can be done with simple magic and so they will have to find another solution"
    Some weeb" RAAAAAAAAAH"

People:Love gnomes
    Blizzard: makes 15 different kind of elf
    Some weeb:"ug why would people want a second kind of gnome that would also be cool badass robot being the first of its kind as a playable race and also utilizes even more of that steampunk aesthetic that people love. I mean Everyone loving something means no one likes it right"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Azshara is a more powerful mage, even before she was turned into a Naga.
    oh wow geeze ya sure showed me

"Jaina, the universes second most powerful -FROST-mage"

are we here to talk about mechagnomes or be mindless pedants?

the real clue to mechagnomes is what happens to mekkatorque. He uses some device allegedly of his own invention, that cryofreezes him when he almost dies. Neither Anduin an extremely poweful priest, or Jaina the most powerful known frost(Tidesage) mage in the universe are able to fix it.

I think that there will be a questline later similar to the Night Warrior one in which a scrappy young gnomes new idea will use some combination of magic fueled technology to return Mekkatorque to being a Mekkagnome making his wounds more easily fixed.

thus we'll have gnomes that either knowingly go through the proceedure to gain the advantage of not being humanoid, or that tech will have come from some friendly mechagnomes who will join the cause
    I bet that patch 8.2 will unlock a quest that will send you to Ulduar with Mekkatorque the fridge:

Mymiron is currently working on a cure for the Curse of flesh, and as the Guardian that built the mechagnomes, Anduin might think that he's the one that could free Gelbin from its frozen prison without killing him.
    Mymiron won't have a cure for this, but he will give you a sample of his work, that you'll need to test on many subjects and perfect it with many components.
    The final phase of test will be in the depth of Gnomeregan, on the lepper gnomes, and it will successfully change them into cybergnomes, replacing their damaged bodyparts with mechanical.
    Then you'll be sent back to Ulduar with your results, Mymiron will analyse it and congratulate you for the great progress you allowed him to make in his research.
    Then he will use your work to heal and rebuild Gelbin Mekkatorque.

This will unlock the cybergnome allied race.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least its not elves again

Plenty of fun references out there as well.

1)you dont have to like something to understand "other people like it"
    2) robots are cool, just look at the last 100 years of humans loving robots
    3) people like Ogres and Krokrul and want them playable sooo....
    4) cyborgs literally exist in real life. There are millions of humans with prosthetic arms, legs, even their hearts. It would be EASIER in wow as they have things like infinite power sources, shrink rays and the like. Like all it would take is a moderately powerful enchanter to 'enchant' a artifical limb with a weak animation spell that causes it to respond to the mental commands of the person with the matching implanted biochip

as i've said a million times on this site, original concept of warcraft is green aliens invade via stargate crafted by a godlike alien, using the body of a animated golem tainted by Cthulian magic(medivh, a human) working with a animated golem tainted by primal life magic(Guldan, an orc)

- - - Updated - - -

this is a joke right?

- - - Updated - - -

first of all Jaina is from Kul Tiras in which has an entire sect of mages that specifically use water magic which is where frost magic comes from. There is literally no evidence to suggest Tidesages arent just a culturally different Water Spec mage. regardless its obvious with this new info that Jaina probably decided to focus on ice magic because she was already familiar with water magic before she went to Dalaran
    ALSO i put it in parenthesis so as not to emphasis it but bring it up but get triggered i guess

2 name one mage stronger than her

3 I said FROST mage

4 Do you have a point?
    No. Gnomes are a joke race. And I can't see anybody with two working chromosomes to want more of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the tweet from 2013 linked earlier shows, there has been a long standing request for Mecha Gnomes. And there has never been any pushback on the idea, because most assumed if implemented it would be extra customization options. That was the case for almost every request that ended up an allied race, like mag'har Orcs.

Mecha Gnomes are in no way a surprise.

Deleted
    Are you fucking kidding me? Who even wants to play a gnome, mechanical or otherwise, other than a very small minority of people with a fetish? Gnomes aren't even in any promotional vids and teasers, that's how attractive Blizzard thinks they are for new players.

This is the very definition of wasted resources and wasted content. There are already playable models in the game that need alot of work, not throw away time and resources on content very few people even use.

Please focus on the Gnome speculation and don't turn this into a Tinker thread.

Why people ask for a comedy class while Shadowlands and the Void are becoming a thing, is beyond my understanding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    As the tweet from 2013 linked earlier shows, there has been a long standing request for Mecha Gnomes. And there has never been any pushback on the idea, because most assumed if implemented it would be extra customization options. That was the case for almost every request that ended up an allied race, like mag'har Orcs.

Yes, those 10 people per server who play gnomes, are always asking for them. Meanwhile the female draenei has an upper right arm like they have scoliosis, and weapons worn on back clip through the tail. Also the female worgen is a walking glitchfest, and nightborne and maghar orcs are only like 80% finished.

So I'm sorry to say this but fuck your mechagnomes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    Yes, those 10 people per server who play gnomes, are always asking for them. Meanwhile the female draenei has an upper right arm like they have scoliosis, and weapons worn on back clip through the tail. Also the female worgen is a walking glitchfest, and nightborne and maghar orcs are only like 80% finished.

So I'm sorry to say this but fuck your mechagnomes.
    I am not the one asking for them. But the circumstantial evidence for Mecha Gnomes keeps getting stronger and stronger and your other complaints deal with model issues, which is a bit separate from the addition of new allied races.

They ARE a long standing request, even if it hasn't had the fame of the mag'har orc request or the dark iron dwarves request. Blizzard should be commended for responding to those who wanted Mecha Gnomes and adding them if that is the case.

There will be a backlash. There always is. In this case, it will be because the Horde will be getting Vulpera and the Alliance will be getting a variant on what is, as you say, the least played Alliance race. But the Alliance got a variant on the most played Horde race and many have complained about that so perhaps it's just the Alliance never being happy?

If it makes you feel better, there will be plenty of moaning on the Horde side too that we are getting cute, anthropomorphic fox people. Not from me of course, I think Vulpera will be great. But that's another topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Please focus on the Gnome speculation and don't turn this into a Tinker thread.

Why people ask for a comedy class while Shadowlands and the Void are becoming a thing, is beyond my understanding.
    Ok, what do you think the classes will be the Junker Gnomes will have?

The text implies they are getting stronger but at the cost of being a little dumbed down. And we have to bear in mind that the number of Junker Gnome classes would probably be equal to whatever number of classes Vulpera will have (There is currently an imbalance in that the DI Dwarves have two more classes than the MH Orcs, meaning the Alliance has two more race/class combos. It will have to be corrected somewhere down the line, either with the Zandalari/KT or the Vulpera/JG).

So I guess Jnomes will have Warrior. Paladin.Hunter. Rogue. Priest. Mages and Warlocks are possibilities depending on how much they are getting dumbed down, so that gives 5-7 classes in my opinion. The Gnome Paladin will clearly be the standout, and is the one I expect to be the big draw for them Juncker Gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me? Who even wants to play a gnome, mechanical or otherwise, other than a very small minority of people with a fetish? Gnomes aren't even in any promotional vids and teasers, that's how attractive Blizzard thinks they are for new players.

This is the very definition of wasted resources and wasted content. There are already playable models in the game that need alot of work, not throw away time and resources on content very few people even use.

Gnomes were very popular back in the days!
    I remember a lot of Alliance pvp player who played warriors prefered gnomes to humans because of their anti-root CD and their size.

But I guess it's a matter of taste, or how you embody yourself in your avatar.
    Sure that's less fantasmatic to play a gnome than a Void Elf

The text implies they are getting stronger but at the cost of being a little dumbed down.
    It's been said a few times in the thread already, but that text is about the Gorilla boss in Zul'Dazar. Not Gnomes.

Well it seems Blizzard is giving each race their own sub/allied race. So far only races missing are Goblin, Gnomes, Forsaken, Worgen, and Pandaren. It makes sense Blizzard would give Gnomes their own allied race eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Gnomes are a joke race. And I can't see anybody with two working chromosomes to want more of them.
    Well that's more on your inability to understand other people's opinions. It seems your automatic response to something you don't like or can't understand is to insult it or anyone involve in it. Try to be a little more respectful, even to something you don't understand.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Dumb gnomes? I thought they couldn't get any lower

Vocal minority doing screams. Regular gnomes show they are not really desired race. Very few folk play them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Well it seems Blizzard is giving each race their own sub/allied race. So far only races missing are Goblin, Gnomes, Forsaken, Worgen, and Pandaren. It makes sense Blizzard would give Gnomes their own allied race eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that's more on your inability to understand other people's opinions. It seems your automatic response to something you don't like or can't understand is to insult it or anyone involve in it. Try to be a little more respectful, even to something you don't understand.
    Yeah nom I won't be respectful toards weirddos. Furries are one example of it. Gnome fans are perverts too. I'm fine with my inability.