Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I'm surprised a 'concerned' poster like yourself hasn't been keeping up to date as to why they can't produce no new Raids to Live yet but i'll inform you, even though i know your crocodile tears don't work on me.

There's an issue with boss Health pool numbers, they're still in the old 32-bit integers and they've reached the upper numbers limit, until they sort this out, as well as fixing the various Dev tools that are still based on 32-bit and break a lot of stuff when introduced into the 64-bit engine, they can't do much, here, the Dev can explain it:

Bwahaha, oh God, another gold comment.

Oh dear Slipmat, you do understand that there are more forms of content than just raids right? I don't know if you remember, but way back when Rift first launched it's largest appeal was dynamic open world content. Not raids. There is absolutely no reason why the game still hasn't seen content. By all means though, lets blame one stupid problem for the dev team abandoning live content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here we go, Storm Legion drops today on Prime and all servers will be taken down for six hours starting at 14:00 UTC:

All RIFT shards will be taken offline for weekly maintenance at the following times:

EU & NA (including Vigil): 7:00 AM PDT / 10:00 AM EDT / 14:00 UTC on October 3, 2018

The estimated downtime duration for all shards is ** 6.0 hours **
    [we definitely hope it's less than that]

It will take some time to load Storm Legion to Prime, and as all servers share the same build code, they'll all be down until Prime clears - rather than risking putting them up and having to take them down again if something goes awry - that takes significantly longer.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5365115

I'm sure if they have issues they can call some of the armchair coders we have here to help them out...

You can also join a Live Stream on Twitch starting at 21:00 UTC at https://twitch.tv/trionworlds

We are streaming a few days early this week, to celebrate the launch of Storm Legion on Prime! Join us to get your FREE Raiment of the Storm Queen (Live & Prime)!

Captain Cursor and Brasse will be on hand to talk about the history of Crucia and Storm Legion, which launches on Prime before our stream. (Downtime will be posted as soon as we have it in hand. Expect EXTENDED downtime on all servers, current estimate is 6 hours.)

Storm Legion Livestream
    Wednesday, October 3, 2018
    2:00 PM PDT (21:00 UTC)

Twitch Drops!
    Be sure to tune in to our special launch day livestream for Storm Legion – link your twitch account to your Glyph account and watch the stream for 15 minutes or more to earn the Raiment of the Storm Queen on Live or Prime!

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5365102

Since he casually left it out. Prime is the one you pay for and get basically the same quality as live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So it's taken them nearly a full year? They can't create non-boss related content that doesn't run into this technical issue? Because that comment sure makes it seem like they either work on Prime or they work on live, which doesn't really bode well for the game because that means that they don't have enough developers to support both new content on the live client (which has gone nearly a year without a content update) and them updating old content for Prime.

Want to get around caps like that? Drop boss health down by put a buff on them reducing damage that remains throughout the fight, or center mechanics around removing that buff for burn phases. Place debuffs no players reducing outgoing damage similarly either throughout the fight or centered around mechanics removing the debuff for burns. Work on boss fights more centered around players executing mechanics as the primary goal vs. doing lots of damage to massive HP pools. Create multi-boss fights with each individual boss having lower HP but cumulatively totaling above the cap that is posing the technical hurdle.

There's more than just raid content that Trion can release, and there are so many workarounds for a HP cap related to 32-bit limitations that it's a ludicrously bullshit excuse for the lack of content. It's valid for why they can't do traditional bosses with massive HP, not valid for why they can't do different types of raid bosses, why they can't create more quest content, why they can't create more WF content, why they can't create more open world DE content, why they can't make more dungeons etc. etc.
    This. It's not hard for Trion to get round a 32 bit limitation other devs can at all.

It's inexperience. Simple as that. And who said raid content? I'd be happy to see a new Warfront, more than four expert dungeons or so on.

The 32 bit integer is a limitation. But that statement from the dev is a flat out lie. Garrosh in WoW for raids is the prime example of how a dev got around the 32 bit limitation. 3 phases on Normal and 4 on Heroic/Mythic. And no 32 bit is not stopping them from designing brand new content at all.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-10-03 at 12:24 PM.

Here we go, Storm Legion drops today on Prime and all servers will be taken down for six hours starting at 14:00 UTC:
    WOOOT FUCK YA PAYING FOR CONTENT WE ALREADY PAIDED FOR WHILE THE MAIN VERSION OF THE GAME STAYS IGNORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hype level 10.

Did I do it right? Will Trion sponsor me now and pay me as much as they do you?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    WOOOT FUCK YA PAYING FOR CONTENT WE ALREADY PAIDED FOR WHILE THE MAIN VERSION OF THE GAME STAYS IGNORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hype level 10.

Did I do it right? Will Trion sponsor me now and pay me as much as they do you?
    Nah that's Seshatar mate.

Anyway go look at "why" live isn't getting new content.

Bullshit excuse about a 32 bit integer which any dev running 32 bit got around.

As I said not a single bit of hype on the forums, no mention of big streamers coming back and I somehow believe the only way people like Towellie are coming back is if Trion throw free game time for Prime his way.

That is such a bullshit excuse its not even funny. As others have pointed out MOP showed how you fix it and they could also just go the EverQuest Route and make the stat jump not big.

Trion being lazy fucks like normal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nah that's Seshatar mate.

Anyway go look at "why" live isn't getting new content.

Bullshit excuse about a 32 bit integer which any dev running 32 bit got around.

As I said not a single bit of hype on the forums, no mention of big streamers coming back and I somehow believe the only way people like Towellie are coming back is if Trion throw free game time for Prime his way.
    Just read that and fucken LOL they are such lazy ass developers.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rift/commen..._legion_patch/

Dude isn't wrong.

Literally zero benefits coming in for Live.

Deleted
    I'm surprised a 'concerned' poster like yourself hasn't been keeping up to date as to why they can't produce no new Raids to Live yet but i'll inform you, even though i know your crocodile tears don't work on me.

There's an issue with boss Health pool numbers, they're still in the old 32-bit integers and they've reached the upper numbers limit, until they sort this out, as well as fixing the various Dev tools that are still based on 32-bit and break a lot of stuff when introduced into the 64-bit engine, they can't do much, here, the Dev can explain it:

There's multiple workarounds they could take. Blizzard did it 5 years ago.

Saying that in 2018 makes you either a:
    - very bad developer
    - very bad lier
    You choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post

- very bad developer
    - very bad lier
    You choose.
    I chose option C (both) for $1000 Alex.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rift/commen..._legion_patch/

Dude isn't wrong.

Literally zero benefits coming in for Live.
    Its clear what this is, Live is going to be completely ignored (Its dead).

While "Prime" will be the main part of the game and its there lazy ass way to "fix" the 32bit issue. Funny enough at this rate come the end of next year Prime could be more ahead in content then Live.

Its the good ol' switcher roo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be happy to see a new Warfront, more than four expert dungeons or so on.

The 32 bit integer is a limitation. But that statement from the dev is a flat out lie. Garrosh in WoW for raids is the prime example of how a dev got around the 32 bit limitation.
    Surely a 'concerned' poster like yourself that keeps up to date with all things Rift would know they did add a new Warfront just a few months back.....

I'm surprised you also didn't realise that WoW runs on Blizzard's own proprietary Game Engine based on the same Engine used in Warcraft III so i'd be very surprised if the Blizz Devs couldn't work around any issues, you also convenienetly forgot that Rift doesn't run on a proprietary Engine but is based on a heavily modified version of Gamebryo which hasn't been supported for the last five years since this Korean Company bought the whole thing up and just sat on it, despite this "promise of great things to come" blog:

https://gamingbolt.com/gamebryo-inte...-and-stability

Now tell us all, as an Archair Dev and Coder, how an Engine heavily modified but not supported or upgraded for a few years and no upgraded Dev tools can be as easily upgraded/modified as a Proprietary Engine, take your time now...

WOOOT FUCK YA PAYING FOR CONTENT WE ALREADY PAIDED FOR
    Sounds exactly like what WoW Classic will be, don't hearing you getting triggered about that or can't you stump up the $50 to play a demo of the first zone?

As others have pointed out MOP showed how you fix it and they could also just go the EverQuest Route and make the stat jump not big.
    Already answered that, WoW uses a Proprietary Engine, Rift does not, wasn't aware Everquest is now on 64-bit? oh wait, i'm fairly sure it isn't, tell us all what would be the point of "lessening stats" or whatever options all the Armchair Coders here suggest? that's only applying a bandaid, eventually you'll run into the exact same issues next Expansion(s)/increase in level cap.

Amazing how everyone also conveniently forgot that WoW is now exclusively 64-bit so good luck to anyone still running 32-bit machines, probably are still a few out there, again Blizzard's own in-house Game Engine, they can afford to do all this and get everything working, there's probably more Devs working on WoW than what Trion employs in total yet everyday pages and pages of hotfixes.

WHY WE’RE RETIRING 32-BIT SUPPORT

The memory limitations of 32-bit operating systems can impact the playability and stability of many modern games, and 64-bit operating systems have been industry standard for several years.
    Source: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...nt-this-summer

Funny how someone that doesn't live on this Forum 24/7 frantically mashing F5 so they can keep refreshing hoping to find another Thread/Post that triggers them and causes them to nerd rage with indignant posts seems to know more about WoW than they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post

- very bad developer
    - very bad lier
    You choose.
    Nah mate Blizz are "armchair devs"... apparently.

To be fair Blizzard don't need to worry about 32 bit anymore. They got rid of it. Most devs are phasing out 32 bit or DX9 because it's ancient and not worth supporting anymore.

Plus if you are still running a 32 bit OS or anything below Windows 7 for "gaming" then sorry but you are getting left behind. Either upgrade and get with the times or be a fossil. Last I checked usage share for XP was hella low on Steam that even Valve are dropping support for XP and Vista starting in 2019.

Most companies usually drop 32 bit support when they are sure it's a minor amount running it. I doubt Blizzard would have pulled the plug so lightly on 32 bit if they weren't sure it was a severe minority running it.

No sane person would run a 32 bit version of 7 either and limit their RAM usage for a gaming build. As for 8.1 not sure if it has a 32 bit version but it's usage share is so low it's not even worth mentioning.

The platform for the future is Windows 10 after 2020. Since that is when extended support for 7 ends.

As for Vista and lower. Not even Microsoft themselves support it anymore so not surprised devs drop
    support.

Trion already got left in the dust anyway so most of the stuff mentioned is irrelevant to them. However anyone with half a brain cell knows they are flat out lying that 32 bit stops them developing new content.

- - - Updated - - -

I chose option C (both) for $1000 Alex.

- - - Updated - - -

Its clear what this is, Live is going to be completely ignored (Its dead).

While "Prime" will be the main part of the game and its there lazy ass way to "fix" the 32bit issue. Funny enough at this rate come the end of next year Prime could be more ahead in content then Live.

Its the good ol' switcher roo.
    The funny thing is though Prime is dead too lol. It has barely anyone touching it. There are like 2 or 3 raiding guilds or something left.

They are literally supporting Live's identical twin brother at this point it's fucking brilliant.

As I said for the £10 a month there are way better things to sub to imo.

Ps Plus
    XB Live
    WoW
    Netflix
    Any anime streaming service (personal one for me hehe)
    FF14
    ESO Plus (gets you all the DLC and free monthly goodies)

I could go on but you get the picture. I'm not saying DON'T sub to Rift Prime as it's your money just that for that £10 a month imo there are superior quality services/products.

Update. Love how any thread on the forums asking where live content or is or if anything is happening to live for this downtime gets locked for being "non constructive".

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ive-get-2.html

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-remember.html

Brasse is absolutely one of the worst CMs to ever grace a game... ever. I'm glad she's not involved with a big game although to be fair she would have been fired from a game that actually knows how to moderate their forums. Only CM worse than her for Rift was Dahanese because she went all out to give the community shit. Brasse just acts all snarky and pretends she has the moral high ground when being an unlikable arse.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-10-04 at 02:25 PM.

Deleted
    I'm surprised you also didn't realise that WoW runs on Blizzard's own proprietary Game Engine based on the same Engine used in Warcraft III so i'd be very surprised if the Blizz Devs couldn't work around any issues, you also convenienetly forgot that Rift doesn't run on a proprietary Engine but is based on a heavily modified version of Gamebryo which hasn't been supported for the last five years since this Korean Company bought the whole thing up and just sat on it, despite this "promise of great things to come" blog:
    That is in no way an excuse for what is going on.
    If the engine limits you in terms of health-pools then you have 2 options:
    - 1. you make the boss heal up once it is brought below a certain threshold
    - 2. you cut down on the numbers at hand; yes, in layman's speech: a stat squish.

I very much doubt the Gamebryo-engine makes it impossible to implement the above.

Personally had a lot of fun the few weeks leveling and again when they raids first opened. Unfortunately the no content on PRIME for almost 2 months was a huge RIP for me.

I would like to know what the population is like after storm legion. Was getting pretty grim when I was playing back in May.

Quote Originally Posted by supersnap View Post
    Personally had a lot of fun the few weeks leveling and again when they raids first opened. Unfortunately the no content on PRIME for almost 2 months was a huge RIP for me.

I would like to know what the population is like after storm legion. Was getting pretty grim when I was playing back in May.
    Was told that the raiding population dropped down to around 4-5 guilds.

Steam numbers were at 1-1.5k in March and April now it's back down to it's usual 300-400.

Safe to say that 1k came back for Prime and well... they didn't come back. Doubt Non-Steam users are that much better in terms of numbers for Prime as well. Who wants to pay to play the same game just downgraded?

There are games worth a sub. Rift Prime is not one of them and when there are B2P games with better quality than a sub based one that says a lot.

Not to mention zero hype anywhere for this. In fact all we saw were forum threads about Live getting fuck all to accommodate Prime because they both had to go down for maintenance. And of course Brasse went on her obvious rampage of "muh non constructive" and closed the threads.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-10-06 at 12:09 PM.

Over 6k players came back for the first month of prime, NA prime time had 800 player que on a 4k shard. Then just assuming there was more then 1k EU/OCE players combined is reasonable.

I can't believe the 'totally not a trion employee' schtik is still being pushed like it fools anyone. This shit is riveting.

Sounds exactly like what WoW Classic will be, don't hearing you getting triggered about that or can't you stump up the $50 to play a demo of the first zone?
    Oh lots of people are getting triggered over that, but I think they (and you) are missing the point about it. The $50 is for the whole Blizzcon experience at home meaning you get access to what is likely the only demo at Blizzcon (Classic WoW in this case as it sets a precedent for future Blizzcons where a virtual ticket gets you access to the next WoW expansion Demo as well as a potential new Diablo game demo), the streams, virtual goodie bag, and access to the merch that's sold there. Only things they could really do to add to it is give access to the new HotS and OW stuff that will likely be playable there (which could happen) and include physical goodie bags with the virtual ticket (currently a separate purchase and would likely bump the price for a virtual ticket up if they automatically included it) since all the esports streams are free for anyone to watch.

Plus there's the whole point that Blizzard is doing pretty much everything for WoW Classic that Trion should have done for Prime. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I can't believe the 'totally not a trion employee' schtik is still being pushed like it fools anyone. This shit is riveting.
    I stopped caring about Rift years ago, this sole purpose of this whole sub-thread for me is to see what shit Slipmat comes out with. It's bloody brilliant.