Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Gear doesn't matter anymore at all.

Both PvE part and PvP part is heavily destroyed. Long are the times when you actually felt like you built up a character, where every loot mattered and you actually started to feel strong.
    PvP is dead, and it has been long dead. Blizzard tried to make WoW PvP into an esport game, which they horribly failed at (like any other of their IPs that they wanted to be a big esport game) and balance everything out and they literally ruined it. How come the gear doesn't matter anymore, yet the PvP is just not fun at all. Gear should matter in a fucking MMO, it should give you power, but they both removed PvE advantage doing WQ anymore barely gives you JUST a small advantage, everyone gets free loot, everyone is entitled for everything in this game. Keep grinding your gear on a carrot, while you finally reach your BIS the next update is already out and you literally achieved nothing but grinded like a good NPC you are. . Stupid game design after stupid game design, everything scales, everything is free, so it seems like people unironically play this game for the awesome game mechanics wow has, but I'm not surprised this MMO is as deep now as a Facebook social MMO game, except the social part.
    Last edited by Dizson; 2018-10-06 at 03:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It absolutely still matters. Your view of the game is your own and I respect that, but it is dated and nostalgiac for the sake of being nostalgiac.

Just because it isn't the same as you remember doesn't mean it's suddenly this horrible awful thing. I and many people like me have been playing the game for 12+ years and frankly don't have the time or energy in my life to dedicate to the game how it was in the "goold old days".
    I like things now, they fit perfectly with my busy life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is my free mythic Uldir set?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would also like to add to this just how excited I am for WoW Classic to hit so these posts can stop polluting the forums.

Yup.

I discovered this in beta. I thought it was bad in PVP, but gear matters even less in PVE. Levels, gear don't matter, etc. Basically WoW is on maintenance mode.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You're still playing, OP? Wasn't that you that made this "Nothing to do, already burned out" thread... 72 hours after expansion launched?

On topic: ... Oh right, there is no topic, it's just rant without anything to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Where is my free mythic Uldir set?
    You can get it from LFR, in fact I will be just as strong as you everywhere as you are except in Mythic settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    You're still playing, OP? Wasn't that you that made this "Nothing to do, already burned out" thread... 72 hours after expansion launched?

On topic: ... Oh right, there is no topic, it's just rant without anything to discuss.
    It was me and I quit, I told you guys the game is shit and became true. I had my laugh at the Reddit uprising threads though.

FTFY* YOU don't have anything to discuss.
    Last edited by Dizson; 2018-10-06 at 03:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    You can get it from LFR, in fact I will be just as strong as you everywhere as you are except in Mythic settings. LMAO
    So you don't understand that traits and stats scale based on the piece's ilvl.

So you don't understand that traits and stats scale based on the piece's ilvl.
    and where will you take advantage of that other than Mythic? Which most people don't even play btw. In Island Expedition?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can get it from LFR, in fact I will be just as strong as you everywhere as you are except in Mythic settings.

It was me and I quit, I told you guys the game is shit and became true. I had my laugh at the Reddit uprising threads though.

You have no constructive criticism AT ALL, you do not even thoroughly explain what your complaints are, and your post sounds like every other whining naysayer claiming the almost 15-year-old game still at the top of the genre is dead. You would think people would get sick of bitching at some point...

Your argument is "The game is shit because I say so." Get over yourself. You did the right thing by quitting, so why waste your time whining on not even official blizzard forums about said game you apparently couldn't stomach playing anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    You kidding? Do M+10 with a group of 360s and do it with a group of 380s. It's day and night difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumsgone View Post
    You have no constructive criticism AT ALL, you do not even thoroughly explain what your complaints are, and your post sounds like every other whining naysayer claiming the almost 15-year-old game still at the top of the genre is dead. You would think people would get sick of bitching at some point...

Your argument is "The game is shit because I say so." Get over yourself. You did the right thing by quitting, so why waste your time whining on not even official blizzard forums about said game you apparently couldn't stomach playing anymore?
    Because I can, constructive criticism is all over the place, blizzard just doesn't listen, look where we are from Alpha->Beta->NOW.
    Even the circlejerk Reddit had enough at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    and where will you take advantage of that other than Mythic? Which most people don't even play btw.
    Mythic+ (usually do 10s or higher with my friends on all our various characters to get the weekly chest since I only use 1 Uldir trait for RA, other pieces are high mythic+ azerite)
    finish WQs faster (when I care to do them for an emissary or something)
    PvP (although I have a different set of azerite for that with traits I like better for PvP)

There are definitely problems with the game, but gear not making you stronger is not one of them. (unless you don't do anything other than LFR and WQ, which at that point why do you need to be stronger anyway?) If anything, the problem with azerite is it's gated behind too much time and rng to get pieces that work well for your class, even though you are putting in the time and effort to complete the content which rewards them.
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2018-10-06 at 03:35 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Yeah, yeah, heard that story hundreds times. WoW is shit, everyone hates it, I quit game (10th time this month), PVP/PVE destroyed (yet for some mysterious reason every expansion sell almost EXACTLY same number of copies every two years - when people will learn the TRUTH dammit). There is nothing original with you or your rant.

It absolutely still matters. Your view of the game is your own and I respect that, but it is dated and nostalgiac for the sake of being nostalgiac.

Just because it isn't the same as you remember doesn't mean it's suddenly this horrible awful thing. I and many people like me have been playing the game for 12+ years and frankly don't have the time or energy in my life to dedicate to the game how it was in the "goold old days".
    Imagine your power if the same exact loot system was in place without scaling. Would still suit your busy life yet you'd actually feel powerful
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Mythic+ (usually do 10s or higher with my friends on all our various characters to get the weekly chest since I only use 1 Uldir trait for RA, other pieces are high mythic+ azerite)
    finish WQs faster (when I care to do them for an emissary or something)
    PvP (although I have a different set of azerite for that with traits I like better for PvP)

There are definitely problems with the game, but gear not making you stronger is not one of them. (unless you don't do anything other than LFR and WQ, which at that point why do you need to be stronger anyway?)
    It's funny that you mentioned PvP, because its scales and azerite traits are so horrible that it doesn't matter at all.
    Mythic+ this is just another keep you dragged with fake rewards that you can't really use outside mythic raid.
    WQ enjoy your 2 sec advantage over my non mythic gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yeah, yeah, heard that story hundreds times. WoW is shit, everyone hates it, I quit game (10th time this month), PVP/PVE destroyed (yet for some mysterious reason every expansion sell almost EXACTLY same number of copies every two years - when people will learn the TRUTH dammit). There is nothing original with you or your rant.

This is true, people still buy the game because they loved WoW at some point, there is always hype around a new expansion, people expect it to be good, then people quit after a few days or months and resub from time to time to check if it got better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Imagine your power if the same exact loot system was in place without scaling. Would still suit your busy life yet you'd actually feel powerful
    I feel pretty damn power at 371 man

I would also like to add to this just how excited I am for WoW Classic to hit so these posts can stop polluting the forums.
    You think classic releasing will stop these posts?

They will continue for as long as scaling exists and when you say "go play classic if you want the old system back" you'll be met with laughter and a plethora of reasons as to why they don't want to play classic.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel pretty damn power at 371 man
    Would be more powerful without scaling
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Deleted

It is perfectly acceptable for you to have this opinion. But do you really think that Blizzard should be designing the game for someone with no time for it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrubSlayer View Post
    It is perfectly acceptable for you to have this opinion. But do you really think that Blizzard should be designing the game for someone with no time for it?
    The thing is, I do have time. A fair amount still compared to some of my peers, but not nearly as much as when I played 6-7 hours per sitting. A decent chunk of the player base started as 11-12-year-olds like myself and grew with the game into what it is now. I absolutely think there are things that need to be fixed or should have been by now, but I really have enojoyed the games evolution over the years, and I am certainly not alone in that opinion judging by the games performance vs the perception of said game on the forums.