Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Could MU Grom become a Death Knight?

I feel like he would have been a perfect choice for the DK Legion campaign for raising him as one of the Four Horsemen.

His body is intact after he kills Mannoroth in WC3, and presumably buried under his monument in Ashenvale.

We still don't know the fate of AU Grom either - he could have died or could have been forcibly converted into a Lightbound.
    Kupo.

Deleted
    He died like 15 years ago.
    All that remains are bones so it pretty mutch is impossible since there is no brain or flesh left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    All that remains are bones so it pretty mutch is impossible since there is no brain or flesh left.
    That didn't stop the more older Trollbane from turned into a DK by the Deathlord.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

^ /10chars
    "It really do be like that sometimes..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That didn't stop the more older Trollbane from turned into a DK by the Deathlord.
    Well was his body not placed in a tomb? dont know what rituals humans got but they might had mummified his body.
    So far as i know was Grom placed under the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes he can, but it will open a whole can of worms
    Grom is one of biggest horde icons, while Nazgrim is also the embodiment of horde (and i really wish i was with him during SoO events), he still didn't make a big name like Grom because blizz never gave him the spotlight he deserved

So while Nazgrim and Grom are almost similar in personality, Grom is way more known to be sided from pure horde to ebon blade
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

7+ Year Old Account
    that doesnt stop anyone from getting raised.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    that doesnt stop anyone from getting raised.
    Ok then explain why Forsaken need to replace bodyparts…

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Wasn't nazgrim cremated and still they menaged to ressurect him ?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok then explain why Forsaken need to replace bodyparts…
    Because forsaken aren't death knights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, idk about MU Grom, buuuut

<MAG'HAR SPOILERS>

AU Grom is still fresh in the mud if you know what I mean. Having the villainous Warlord Hellscream on our side as a death knight would be pretty badass.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Wasn't nazgrim cremated and still they menaged to ressurect him ?
    Well what was the time between SoO and start of Legion? (WoD took place in another dimension after all)
    I can still see that some of Nazgrim remained even when he was in the graveyard of Orgrimmar.

And yes Forsaken aren't Death Knights, but if i am correct they are brought back with the same magic the only difference is that Death Knights where the champions and commands of the scourge army. And Forsaken where members of the scourge army broken free from the will of the Lich King.
    Dont see why the body workings and rotting progress would be different tho.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2018-10-06 at 03:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well what was the time between SoO and start of Legion?
    I can still see that some of Nazgrim remained even when he was in the graveyard of Orgrimmar.

And yes Forsaken aren't Death Knights, but if i am correct they are brought back with the same magic the only difference is that Death Knights where the champions and commands of the scourge army. And Forsaken where members of the scourge army broken free from the will of the Lich King.
    Death Knights generally are made of tougher stuff then Forsaken. Like the same level of Sylvanas and Nathanos.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Well what was the time between SoO and start of Legion? (WoD took place in another dimension after all)

They are actually raised differently. I don't really know how, but the ritual to make Death knights give 'em much more power and I think stop their decaying.

The Forsaken mainly died from the plague (I think) and thus got raised differently.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Death Knights generally are made of tougher stuff then Forsaken. Like the same level of Sylvanas and Nathanos.
    They still rot tho.

They still rot tho.
    Death Knights dont rot and they are immortal in the sense they dont die of age (as stated by the Lich King to you when you start the DK start area.) Plus they are ressurected in most cases by the Lich King himself and him granting them necromantic powers that fortifies them vs just a forsaken which is just a body being raised with no additional magical abilities being given.
    Last edited by Deathrange; 2018-10-06 at 03:51 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah i just saw that there is a skeleton Death Knight ingame called Lord Darkscythe.
    So i guess we can have a Grom Death Knight but he will look like:

Yeah i just saw that there is a skeleton Death Knight ingame called Lord Darkscythe.
    So i guess we can have a Grom Death Knight but he will look like:

Just because he is a skeleton doesnt mean he decayed, could of been resurrected like that. IE Forsaken Death Knights

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathrange View Post
    Death Knights dont rot and they are immortal in the sense they dont die of age (as stated by the Lich King to you when you start the DK start area.) Plus they are ressurected in most cases by the Lich King himself and him granting them necromantic powers that fortifies them vs just a forsaken which is just a body being raised with no additional magical abilities being given.
    ...This.

We do know the Death Knights of the Ebon Blade when they were raised are far stronger than the Forsaken in terms terms of power and Necromancy. The biggest example of this is the Deathlord rezzing The Four Horsemen: Nazgrim was definitely creamated after the SoO, Thoradin was likely just bones and of course Mograine was slain by the Light itself. None were beyond being Neco-Rezzed and empowered though. They are brought back as they were before they died.

Unholy Player DKs can raise a Ghoul Pet so we know their degree of power allows them to control the state of whatever they Necro-Rez. Another Example is their Raise Dead spell, which brings another player back as of they never died (Ressurrection technically being non-canon aside of course).

Forsaken, on the other hand are rezzed just enough to come back to the world of the living. Their souls are stuffed back into their bodies. Sure, they retain the memories and abilities they had when they were alive but that's about it. DKs are not just rezzed but enhanced with knowledge and power they didn't have in life. Your average DK is far stronger than an army of Forsaken in short.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

If Derek Proudmoore can be raised after spending all of these years at the bottom of the sea, then I'm pretty sure Grom could be raised.

Thoras Trollbane says hi.

And if he was burned on a funeral pyre and his ashes spread onto the shores of the Great Sea... Derek Proudmoore says hi.

Nobody is safe from undeath! What a compelling development. The Forsaken - who haven't necessarily all been dead for a long time - need spare bodyparts and constant repairs, but some drowned bodies, long-decayed individuals and cremated generals are all intact and ready for the show. As was said before, the representations in the book and the ones in the game are heavens appart.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-10-07 at 04:48 AM.