Poll: Garrosh vs Varok

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Never been mentioned as he's never been used that much until now, unlike Garrosh.
    even Eitrigg, as a warrior, fights with Tirion - the orc has not lost in this battle. And Varok ... nothing specific. No names of his victims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by funcik View Post
    even Eitrigg, as a warrior, fights with Tirion - the orc has not lost in this battle. And Varok ... nothing specific. No names of his victims.
    Because he was never used until Northrend pretty much, and even then it was very little.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Because he was never used until Northrend pretty much, and even then it was very little.
    Garrosh also fought in Northrend

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh also fought in Northrend
    As I said, Saurfang was barely -EVER- used UNTIL Northrend.

Wrath was the start of Garrosh build up, it wasnt for Varok.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

I mean... only one of them's still alive, so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    I mean... only one of them's still alive, so.
    You think Saurfang would had won against Thrall when he cheated?

Varok in his prime, maybe. But currently (granting that Garrosh would be still alive), Im giving it to Garrosh. Hes quite a beast.

More wars doesn't automatically make someone a better soldier. I know a guy that has about 5 years total in the Middle East under his belt and he was one of the least effective soldiers I ever had. Youth however, makes a huge difference. Garrosh sends Saurfang off to see his son.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Garrosh. Garrosh after Cairne became a monster in his own league. He is like Broly. The more he fights the greater power he gets. After all he was able to match, no, almost kill Varian during Tides of War. Which means he fights on the same level as demigod powered human potential.
    If you read the book you would know that during the Tides of War, Varian no longer displaying any of his demigod powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Varok would win, without that heart Garrosh would get cleaved.

7+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh is probably more strong and have the young factor on his side

both could win, but i think Varok would win by experience, and experience against other orcs

Something in the Saurfang family is how they become older just because they cannot be killed that easy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    If you read the book you would know that during the Tides of War, Varian no longer displaying any of his demigod powers.
    tbf, when varian had the power, he fight on pair with him, only lost because he was exhausted, because fight all day, and varian not

What a sad day where pissants are shitting on Varok fucking Saurfang.

Saurfang soloed an entire hallway of elite Klaxxi warriors. Garrosh wouldn’t last 5 mins against a true Orc warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    The best Warchief the Horde ever had since Blackhand vs and old Orc women that only complains and moans?

Garrosh would win easily.
    I find this disrespectful to orc women

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    But he does. It did not go away. No reason to think this way.

The last time we've seen them(Garrosh vs Thrall and Saurfang now)? Garrosh.

In their both primes(not counting Sha influence)? That would be awesome fight.

As I said, Saurfang was barely -EVER- used UNTIL Northrend.

Wrath was the start of Garrosh build up, it wasnt for Varok.
    Saurfang still didn’t have a known enemy, while Garrosh had plenty of them.
    Saurfang was not the first roles in the Old Horde, because he was not the leader of the clan, because he was not the strongest. He did not kill the famous demon, did not defeat the powerful palladins, did not kill the powerful warrior, etc.
    For all his life there was not a single 1x1 battle, while Garrosh had several fights with Varian, Thral, Taran Zhu and Cairne. And the fact that he was a veteran of all wars, does not mean that he fought on the fronts in these wars. If this were the case, he would have a big battle, such as Blackhand-Orgrim, Orgrim-Lothar, Grom-Nobundo, Kilrogg-Danat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Garrosh is probably more strong and have the young factor on his side

both could win, but i think Varok would win by experience, and experience against other orcs

Something in the Saurfang family is how they become older just because they cannot be killed that easy

- - - Updated - - -

tbf, when varian had the power, he fight on pair with him, only lost because he was exhausted, because fight all day, and varian not
    I know they were equal until Garrosh started to get tired basically the demigod powers just gives Varian infinite supply of stamina (which is a lot by itself for sure) but it wasn't making him stronger it just makes him outlast his opponent because his opponent for sure will get tired overtime. I was answering the other guy about his fight in ToW novel which Varian no longer have the infinite stamina. He is denying the fact that Varian is no longer have that infinite stamina. They were equal in that fight with Garrosh slightly having the upper hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    But he does. It did not go away. No reason to think this way.
    Did you even read the novel man?

Quote Originally Posted by Three Jackdaws View Post
    It's genetic.

So Hellscream most likely.
    Just as a note... if you reduce it down to genetics... the only other Hellscream that has done any feat is Grom (which has done great feats) while on the Saurfang family you have Dranosh (who faced the Lich King one on one and when he died faced what the Lich King defined as "the greatest force this world has ever known") and also Broxigar (who faced Sargeras and even wounded him) so Saurfang family isnt a small weak one, based on genetics he is a very strong orc.

I'd vote for Saurfang, mostly because if we take both in their primes (with no sha powers obviously) Saurfang is an extremely strong soldier with countless battles fought and survived while Garrosh has a lot of strength but is extremely reckless.

Power levels between the two are going to be an issue to start with. Like it or not, Varok exists because of a meme and nothing else, and Broxigar is even a bigger shit show of a creation as he is created by arguably the worst author who has ever touched anything Blizzard related whereas the Hellscreams are created directly for the Warcraft narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Experience is not everything in a fight otherwise we would have 60 year old kickboxers and boxers in the ring IRL.
    except he also shown his insane physical power in the horde quest in Borean Tundra at Northrend so he isn't weak at all
    And while in term of raw strength i don't think he is more powerful than Garrosh, remember Garrosh was almost beaten by the far older (by his race terms) Cairne, and Cairne doesn't hold candle against Suarfang experience
    Kilrogg Dead Eye was the most experienced of the warchiefs of the Horde (Rise of Horde). But he was not the strongest warrior among them.
    I don't remember he was known for war experience, he did have the most wisdom due to the ritual of his tribe, but in term of war there are many who are far more than him, like warsong and blackrock
    Remember Varok was picked as the best guy to lead both alliance AND horde in war, he was leader of Might of AQ forces, the only time both alliance and horde send armies, he is literally the guy that both factions consider the best there is in war

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    arguably the worst author who has ever touched anything Blizzard related
    whoever wrote "illidan" says hi
    this novel is the worst, and i read everything related to wow
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power