Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Yep his confirmation is a big hit against the hoplophobes, assuming of course it was Kennedy, not Roberts who was the justice failing to respect the 2nd.
    But it helps a lot to have such a Justice to be sitting on the bench. He has a clear record of upholding the Second. And very possible, more will be forthcoming.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    But it helps a lot to have such a Justice to be sitting on the bench. He has a clear record of upholding the Second. And very possible, more will be forthcoming.
    If we can get cert, there is a very good chance Kavanaugh will be the deciding vote that sharpens the teeth of Heller; ends AWBs, magazine capacity limits, perhaps even "may issue" jurisdictions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    If we can get cert, there is a very good chance Kavanaugh will be the deciding vote that sharpens the teeth of Heller; ends AWBs, magazine capacity limits, perhaps even "may issue" jurisdictions.
    Yes. That is what I am hoping for. A overturning of such clear violations of the Second. Even a liberal court of judges ruled such restrictions in California to be unconstitutional.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Another citizen stops a criminal.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/man-facin...uthorities-say

A concealed carrier in a Utah Starbucks fired one shot into the chest of a man last week who polices said had just assaulted a barista, Salt Lake City’s Fox 13 reported.

The carrier was in his late 60s, police said. His identity was not released.

“He witnessed the assault against the clerk,” UPD Detective Ken Hansen said. “And his response, because apparently after the assault the guy came after him, and so he shot the man in the chest
    .”

Hamilton said the permit holder is a regular customer.

“I never would have expected that from him,” Hamilton said. “He just seemed like a very meek guy. So I was surprised, but also very grateful. I was very grateful that he was there. And I was glad it was somebody we see regularly so that hopefully, in the future, I can thank him.”

So, some will use their weapon to protect themselves. Even those you may think is a meek and humble person.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2018-10-11 at 11:41 AM.

Another citizen stops a criminal.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/man-facin...uthorities-say

A concealed carrier in a Utah Starbucks fired one shot into the chest of a man last week who polices said had just assaulted a barista, Salt Lake City’s Fox 13 reported.

The carrier was in his late 60s, police said. His identity was not released.

“He witnessed the assault against the clerk,” UPD Detective Ken Hansen said. “And his response, because apparently after the assault the guy came after him, and so he shot the man in the chest
    .”

Hamilton said the permit holder is a regular customer.

“I never would have expected that from him,” Hamilton said. “He just seemed like a very meek guy. So I was surprised, but also very grateful. I was very grateful that he was there. And I was glad it was somebody we see regularly so that hopefully, in the future, I can thank him.”

So, some will use their weapon to protect themselves. Even those you may think is a meek and humble person.
    Good man, probably saved her life, or at least a hospital visit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Good man, probably saved her life, or at least a hospital visit
    Yep and also maybe his life.

Just thought I would put this up here, it is a lot of fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Just thought I would put this up here, it is a lot of fun!
    Thanks, but that video seems to tilt toward the more gun control crowd. This one gave me a lot more chuckles.

A kid to myself you are, since your daughter is only 12. hehe. My youngest son is a diplomat from the US, assigned to work out of the US Embassy in Paris.
    My oldest is 24, an application developer. I'm 47. ;-)

I hope your son has a great time in Europe/France! Stay save.
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    My oldest is 24, an application developer. I'm 47. ;-)

I hope your son has a great time in Europe/France! Stay save.
    Thanks. He is presently on assignment in Athens Greece, but will return to Paris after it, where his wife and kids are. And I am still older than you are. And not by a little.

And I am still older than you are. And not by a little.
    After 30 age doesn't matter anymore
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

TLDR:
    -White dude shoots two elderly black people at a grocery store shortly after trying to break into a church.
    -Was confronted after the incident by two armed civilians, exchanging gunfire with one of them
    -The second civilian backed down after the shooter says: "Don’t shoot me. I won’t shoot you. Whites don’t shoot whites,”
    -Shooter is a domestic and parental abuser and has had previous run-ins with the law.
    -Useless sack of shit and gun nut enabler Mitch McConnell offers "prayers". I'm sure Satan is pleased.
    -Good Job, Gun Nuts!

http://www.wave3.com/2018/10/25/krog...r-held-m-bond/
    https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...es/1759947002/
    https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ng/1755815002/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    TLDR:
    -White dude shoots two elderly black people at a grocery store shortly after trying to break into a church.
    -Was confronted after the incident by two armed civilians, exchanging gunfire with one of them
    -The second civilian backed down after the shooter says: "Don’t shoot me. I won’t shoot you. Whites don’t shoot whites,”
    -Shooter is a domestic and parental abuser and has had previous run-ins with the law.
    -Useless sack of shit and gun nut enabler Mitch McConnell offers "prayers". I'm sure Satan is pleased.
    -Good Job, Gun Nuts!

http://www.wave3.com/2018/10/25/krog...r-held-m-bond/
    https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...es/1759947002/
    https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ng/1755815002/
    Maybe he would have shot more if the two had not confronted him. And the one armed citizen who did confront him, was not sure what was going on. He even asked the shooter as he walked by, " what is going on" and that is when the shooter told him not to shoot.

Not sure of Kentucky's gun laws, but in Ohio, if you have been convicted of domestic abuse, you can not get a carry conceal license. So he may not have been legally possessing a firearm to begin with.

Gun nut? So we think when a person kills another with a knife, they are knife nuts? Or like the one who killed both his parents with a baseball bat, a baseball bat nut? I think they are just criminal scum murderers, no matter what tool they use.

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile this happened very recently,

https://www.foxnews.com/us/burglary-...car-police-say

An Oregon homeowner held a burglar at gunpoint last week after she caught him attempting to leave her house with stolen items, police said.

Authorities in Clackamas County responded to a burglary report at a home in Happy Valley, around 2:50 p.m. Oct. 18, Portland's Fox 12 Oregon reported.

Responding officers found homeowner Dawn Lisa-DesVoigne holding the burglar at gunpoint. The burglar was identified as 20-year-old Edward Cerf of Oregon City. Deputies said they found Cerf's presumed accomplice, Gabriella Solis, asleep in a vehicle a block away. Solis reportedly told authorities she was the designated lookout.

Maybe he would have shot more if the two had not confronted him. And the one armed citizen who did confront him, was not sure what was going on. He even asked the shooter as he walked by, " what is going on" and that is when the shooter told him not to shoot.

Not sure of Kentucky's gun laws, but in Ohio, if you have been convicted of domestic abuse, you can not get a carry conceal license. So he may not have been legally possessing a firearm to begin with.
    Or maybe more people would've gotten shot in the crossfire whilst two gun nuts got their OK Corral on.

I'm sure if Mike DeWine gets elected he will be working hard with the NRA to make sure domestic abusers can carry their guns anywhere they want. Maybe Kasich will do it on his way out the door.

7+ Year Old Account
    The guy was a schizophrenic too, and gun nutters don't want yearly reviews.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Or maybe more people would've gotten shot in the crossfire whilst two gun nuts got their OK Corral on.

I'm sure if Mike DeWine gets elected he will be working hard with the NRA to make sure domestic abusers can carry their guns anywhere they want. Maybe Kasich will do it on his way out the door.
    The most amusing facet of you hoplophobes is the blind, but helpless rage and fear guns seem to induce in you.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    The most amusing facet of you hoplophobes is the blind, but helpless rage and fear guns seem to induce in you.
    The most amusing facet of you hoplophiles is the blind, but helpless rage and fear civil society seem to induce in you.

I am very in favor of common sense gun regulations (universal background checks, required licenses and training etc) but until I get a really precise definition of what an "assault weapon" is I can't support a bill to ban them.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    The guy was a schizophrenic too, and gun nutters don't want yearly reviews.
    As long as it's paid for by the state.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    As long as it's paid for by the state.
    WA State is trying to do this, and the gun people are losing their shit over it.