Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    the current system is fine !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    No. The game was fine with flying for 8 years. It's ridiculous that we can't fly at max level for no reason other than some dev lead got a stick up his ass about it. Statements like are annoying as fuck. Want to ride your ground mount? DO that. Don't tell me I have to.
    u want them to work on more content like how they used to instead of slack their ass and force u on the far slower route to do less in more time ? blasphemy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    They should just revert to their original design from TBC: Ground Mounts should be faster than flying mounts
    that was against the normal mount, not epic one, even during TBC epic was 280%, with gladiator one were 310 (not sure of some epic pve ones were also 310 or not like phoenix)
    but i do agree i liked that system, but it won't make sense now since getting normal flying is very cheap
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

7+ Year Old Account
    Just like raids and dungeons giving better rewards to reflect the higher the difficulty levels, using ground mounts should be more rewarding than using flying mounts. After all the more effort that you put into the game, the greater the rewards should be.

Flying mounts are essentially the LFR level method of transportation in Azeroth, literally allowing the player to skip past content.

So rather than limit flying in any way, Blizzard should encourage the use of ground mounts with time limited buffs, that could differ by zone.

For example riding your ground mount for one minute could give one of the following random buffs, which would be cancelled on death or the moment you use a flying mount:

You gain 20% increased run speed for 3 minutes.
    You gain 5% increased XP gain for 30 minutes.
    All damage taken is reduced by 25% whilst in this zone.
    All damage done is increased by 25% whilst in this zone.
    Resource (ore, herbs, skinning, fishing) gathering speed is increased by 50%.
    Chance to obtain loot from zone mobs is increased for 10 minutes.
    Player health and mana regeneration increased by 20%.

These are just simple buffs that reward players for not taking the easy path of flying mounts, without taking anything away from flying itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Immersion is just another word for fun, which is HIGHLY subjective, and world PVP works just fine with flying. It always has. It doesn't "break", it's just has a different dynamic than grounded PVP.

Yes, actually, one side IS wrong. Because one side is doggedly unwilling to allow the other the choice to play how they want, even when presented with suggestions and fixes that would make the choice equal and fair to both sides.

The only numbers Blizzard cares about are $$$.

Which is why people like me keep pushing for a real change. Pathfinder is just delaying the problem and exploiting the nature of flight to generate MAUs. It doesn't actually improve the game.

Patently false. Again, immersion is subjective, and having good content that players wants to do is what facilitates interaction between players. Take, for example, the invasion events. Flying or not, the content is such that players gather and work together in order to complete objectives. Arathi rares in the new Warfront zone are another good example.

Forcing players to the ground has little effect on whether or not they interact. What's more important is giving players reasons and objectives to gather and work together on, NOT how they get to those objectives.

The "half the expansion" we get to fly in is only after all the content has been consumed already. The value of flying by the time players get their hands on it is maybe MAYBE 1/10th of what it should be. That's neither fair no equal, and it is EXTREMELY disingenuous to suggest that pro-fliers are "getting the better deal".
    Thank you for proving my point.

"Just put sharp inward needles into condoms.
    Boom, sex is just the right amount of de-incentivized."

Who the hell is making those kinds of threads? Some kind of masochists? Well, there are special shops for you kind - go there for your toys and don't bother rest of people.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Guess you are far away from your point when you take a break since you will then just fly past it.
    Flypaths take you to a point you know you will arrive at, flying will just keep going till you come back and might have a negative effect.

Also with flying you can do gathering, do forgot quests, kill rares and check stuff out on your way, flypaths are fixéd there is no stopping even if you want to.
    I use my flying mount to get from the quest return to the repair vendor even though they are standing right next to each other.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    that's like... your opinion man. news flash. not everyone plays for the same reasons you do or has the same priorities that you do or appreciates the same selling points that you do. but given that flight was one of the major selling points of BC, kinda like allied races are for BFA... yeah.

god you people are hillarious. pittiful, but funny in your own way.
    "I like this game because I can fly!" You are telling me you don't think that is a nonsensical reason? You do know you can like things for nonsensical reason right? You aren't a computer.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    "I like this game because I can fly!" You are telling me you don't think that is a nonsensical reason? You do know you can like things for nonsensical reason right? You aren't a computer.
    didn't you just tell me that I wasn't interested in a game in a first place? or something? it was that point that made the game different from other games and got me interested enough to buy it. it is not a nonsensical reason to me. there are plenty of other games out there that give me same things as WoW does and more. except for flight. flight was that point that sold me. i can get similar gameplay elsewhere, and without subscribing mind you. as well as similar setting.

and I repeat. nonsensical is just like YOUR opinion man. it was a selling point for me, and whenever developers decide to take it away, I stop subscribing.

now... flying alone is not enough to keep me interested, but it IS a major part of it.

See, here's the interesting opportunity that Blizzard is missing out on by not making a more in-depth mount system. What we COULD have is a part of the game where each mount has it's own advantages or abilities. Ground mounts could have things like waterwalking, or leaps, or staying mounted in combat. Flying mounts might have hover, others might be faster, but only get to glide. Some might have parachutes if you get dismounted.

There's a lot of ways they could make it more fair and interesting without being stupid OP like flight is right now. They'd just have to be willing to sink a little time into setting up the basic systems.

But they'll never do that because it's easier to use a formula that boosts MAUs and doesn't have any real depth.
    Agreed with everything. Also, customization of mounts, like armor, saddles, and bags.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Ghostcrawler at one of the Blizzcons around Cata said they dev team felt Flying was a mistake. That it took away from the game being able to skip mobs and go straight to the goal, but they had already opened Pandora's box and they were not sure ho they could reign it in. They have been looking at ways to reign in flying since at least 2010.
    Of course they felt like that, even back then they already realized that this is an mmo, where you need to chain people to a subscription for months/years ideally, but there is no way you can supply them with quality content for the whole time. This was always the case, the effort required to create content is orders of magnitude higher than the entertainment that can be derived from it Both of these are diametrically opposed, so even back then they were scrambling for ways to elongate content without making the grind too obvious. The truth is flying in wow is a canon thing and every other NPC does it casually without restriction. We are just restricted for business reasons and in the case of BFA, even that was not enough and they pretty much doubled the time requirements of WQs and farming compared to most legion quests/recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    They should just revert to their original design from TBC: Ground Mounts should be faster than flying mounts
    They could pretty easily get more complex than that. But to be perfectly honest, that's a GOOD place to start as long as it comes with flying at level cap, or at least Pathfinder part 1 without the stupid rep grinds. It would have to only be a first step, with later steps adding more options for both ground AND flying mounts with pathfinder part 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    Extremely tired of people trying to ruin Flying more than it already was because Devs caved to a infinitesimally small part of the community that whined about Flying. Don't like Flying? DON'T USE IT. It's a VERY simple solution. Oh, right, I forgot people want to complain about it all day, but don't have the willpower to stop themselves from flying. *sigh* Limit yourselves. Not others.
    They didn't cave, it very much aliigns with theiir goals as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    the current system is fine !
    Sure, if you mean it in the sense of this comic:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    After all the more effort that you put into the game, the greater the rewards should be.
    Oh, you mean like how we sink all that time and effort into finishing pathfinder, only to have it be virtually worthless once it's done? Maybe you ought to think about your statement more carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    Blizzard should encourage the use of ground mounts with time limited buffs
    Yes! Absolutely! Ground mounts need to have something to not only bring them closer to parity with flying mounts, but also encourage their use!

Once of the biggest argument the ground-pounders have is that Flying is literally, objectively better. This must be addressed before the situation can improve in any meaningful way. And exploiting players who want to fly with Pathfinder is not an improvement. It's simply a giant middle finger to people who want flying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Thank you for proving my point.
    And which point was that? Seems to me that all you did was make a bunch of inaccurate statements.

- - - Updated - - -

How about:

"I like this game MORE when I can fly."

7+ Year Old Account
    didn't you just tell me that I wasn't interested in a game in a first place? or something? it was that point that made the game different from other games and got me interested enough to buy it. it is not a nonsensical reason to me. there are plenty of other games out there that give me same things as WoW does and more. except for flight. flight was that point that sold me. i can get similar gameplay elsewhere, and without subscribing mind you. as well as similar setting.

and I repeat. nonsensical is just like YOUR opinion man. it was a selling point for me, and whenever developers decide to take it away, I stop subscribing.

now... flying alone is not enough to keep me interested, but it IS a major part of it.
    If you are trying to prove that my opinion is mistaken, you are doing a pretty poor job.

You can't really have "a" major part ... it would be the major part as major part is "most of something" ... so major part of why you are interested is flying. Perhaps you meant a "large" part. Even so, doesn't make it any less nonsensical.

And yes, I still feel confident (even more so now with your explanation) that you don't really like the game.

- - - Updated - - -

How about:

"I like this game MORE when I can fly."
    Still nonsense. The game is the game, flight is a minor part. If it makes or breaks the game for you, you don't really like the game in my view.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

If you are trying to prove that my opinion is mistaken, you are doing a pretty poor job.

You can't really have "a" major part ... it would be the major part as major part is "most of something" ... so major part of why you are interested is flying. Perhaps you meant a "large" part. Even so, doesn't make it any less nonsensical.

And yes, I still feel confident (even more so now with your explanation) that you don't really like the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Still nonsense. The game is the game, flight is a minor part. If it makes or breaks the game for you, you don't really like the game in my view.
    jesus fuck, accept that your opinion is YOUR opinion. and it does NOT match mine. 50% is a major part. that's math for you. anyways, whatever dude, you don't like flying, i get it. I do. for me it enhances the game enough to play it when I could be playing something else. you don't have to share this preference. you don't even have to accept it. doesn't change the fact that its my preference. one. single. bit. and STOP telling me what I like or don't like.

bye bye now

7+ Year Old Account
    jesus fuck, accept that your opinion is YOUR opinion. and it does NOT match mine. 50% is a major part. that's math for you. anyways, whatever dude, you don't like flying, i get it. I do. for me it enhances the game enough to play it when I could be playing something else. you don't have to share this preference. you don't even have to accept it. doesn't change the fact that its my preference. one. single. bit. and STOP telling me what I like or don't like.

bye bye now
    50% isn't most of something though ... it's 50% of something, half. It has to be greater than 50%, that's math for you. If no part is greater than 50%, the word used is "large" or "largest."

Yes, it is my opinion. My first post literally says "I would say ..." I never denied it was an opinion. It isn't my fault you got upset over it. My second point is telling you it is literally okay to like something for a nonsensical reasons. It seems like you are telling me, I can't have an opinion on yours.
    –The Sith Code

So basically nobody's opinion matters but yours? Why even post if all you're going to do is ignore other perspectives? Because all you're saying is that if someone likes a part of the game that you don't, then they don't like the entire game.

So basically nobody's opinion matters but yours? Why even post if all you're going to do is ignore other perspectives? Because all you're saying is that if someone likes a part of the game that you don't, then they don't like the entire game.
    apparently yes. which is why I put them on ignore, talking to someone like that is a waste of time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did you forget we are talking about a video game? The reasons I like the game are no more or less nonsensical for the most part. I like the Horde over the Alliance because I can play a Noble race surrounded by Savages ... that isn't a reason that will make sense to other people and I accept there isn't anything beyond "I like it" as the reason.

What I find funny is that people whining about flying are basically doing exactly what you are doing to me. The opinion of those who hate flying and those of the developers mean exactly what to you? Pretty much nothing, because you want flying.

- - - Updated - - -

apparently yes. which is why I put them on ignore, talking to someone like that is a waste of time.
    Given this describes him more than myself ... pretty funny. "HOW DARE YOU HAVE AN OPINION ON MY OPINION!!!!"
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Its incredible that people still use the meme argument of "just handicap yourself to fix bad game design" in serious, true delusions
    so instead lets just handicap everyone ???

if you see not flying as some kind of handicap, then you shouldnt be against it, if not then by all means, go ahead and dont use it.

for example, I like the new boat system in kul tiras, some times I even change my way and sometimes make it longer so I can use the boats in kultiras. however I dont think they are that popular and useful considering the range and speed of flightmasters.

so if I like that, I use it, if you dont like that, dont. as fucking simple as it can come.
    Last edited by LuminaL; 2018-10-07 at 04:25 PM.