Poll: Garrosh vs Varok

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Severn View Post
    Technically, that equates to a lot of trash mobs.
    In terms of lore, there really isn't such a thing as "trash mobs." Garrosh himself was threatened and nearly killed by an overabundance of Quillboar in "As Our Fathers Before Us."
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Garrosh.

Hellscreams are like the upper class under the warsong clan, Saurfang family is below the Blackhands so that is why i rank the hellscreams above them without any demonblood boosts ect otherwise the Saurfangs would be the leading family of the Blackrock clan yet they where just soldiers in their army.
    Have to agree. Grommash and Garrosh are very similar, but Saurfang is clearly overshadowed by Blackhand in terms of power. And Grommash is stronger and faster than Blackhand. So I'd have to give it to Garrosh for the most part.

Saurfang does have more experience, but has he fought anyone important? No. Garrosh bitchslapped Taran Zhu and Thrall (before he cheated). We have seen what Garrosh can do. We haven't seen Saurfang's power aside from the memes.

And the argument that Cairne was winning against Garrosh. Yes, perhaps. But Tauren are stronger than Orcs. We are discussing Orcs here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    In terms of lore, there really isn't such a thing as "trash mobs." Garrosh himself was threatened and nearly killed by an overabundance of Quillboar in "As Our Fathers Before Us."
    Then again, there's a difference between a no-name grunt/bug/lesser demon and a champion of the wolf god. And the hypothetical situation we're discussing is a duel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Severn View Post
    Then again, there's a difference between a no-name grunt/bug/lesser demon and a champion of the wolf god. And the hypothetical situation we're discussing is a duel.
    My response is only in the context of Varok Saurfang lacking the accolades and prowess in battle that Garrosh does - a position I disagree with. As with most of those duels, I find Garrosh and Saurfang pretty evenly appointed, with Garrosh perhaps being the stronger of the two whereas Saurfang the more experienced and likely more technically skilled as a warrior.

Who would win is a more a question who luck favors, and who makes the first error in strategy, during the duel.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    In ToW, Varian didn't display any of his demigod powers at all (no more infinite stamina), so he was fighting as a normal human.

Garrosh and Varian actually fought three times:

Round 1 was at the Ulduar trailer.

Round 2 was at the Wolfheart novel.

Round 3 was at the ToW novel.
    Nothing in story says he is no longer demigod powered. Considering it was his juju mojo jabajay then I'll keep thinking he still was under thick wolfkin furry spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Nothing in story says he is no longer demigod powered. Considering it was his juju mojo jabajay then I'll keep thinking he still was under thick wolfkin furry spell.
    Do you have hard time understanding? again if you read ToW you would know that Varian no longer displaying his demigod powers. Garrosh was mocking him during his fight with him in the novel calling him slow and getting old and stuff.

Do you have hard time understanding? again if you read ToW you would know that Varian no longer displaying his demigod powers. Garrosh was mocking him during his fight with him in the novel calling him slow and getting old and stuff.
    Garrosh simply became better, like all Saiyajins do. It does not contradict his demigod powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh simply became better, like all Saiyajins do. It does not contradict his demigod powers.
    Nope, the time between Wolfheart novel and ToW is not super long to say "Garrosh got better" this is not DBZ. Varian was always better when it comes to experience in combat. The orcs didn't call him Lo'gash for nothing you know. Strength wise yes Garrosh is indeed physically stronger but Varian has more experience which make up for his lack of strength compare to Garrosh. Basically in their last fight in ToW they were equal with Garrosh having a slight upperhand but nothing too decisive. It was still unclear who would won that fight if it didn't get interrupted. While in Wolfheart it was clear Varian would have won if the fight didn't get interrupted. They were still equal in Wolfheart until Varian started to have the upperhand because of his demigod powers (infinite stamina) and Garrosh was getting tired.

Nope, the time between Wolfheart novel and ToW is not super long to say "Garrosh got better" this is not DBZ. Varian was always better when it comes to experience in combat. The orcs didn't call him Lo'gash for nothing you know. Strength wise yes Garrosh is indeed physically stronger but Varian has more experience which make up for his lack of strength compare to Garrosh. Basically in their last fight in ToW they were equal with Garrosh having a slight upperhand but nothing too decisive. It was still unclear who would won that fight if it didn't get interrupted. While in Wolfheart it was clear Varian would have won if the fight didn't get interrupted. They were still equal in Wolfheart until Varian started to have the upperhand because of his demigod powers (infinite stamina) and Garrosh was getting tired.
    Enough for him to get better. It is more than DBZ. It is Warcraft. There is not even a bit of lore saying Varian did not have his demigod power. Anyway, he was a pussy.

Garrosh king. Garrosh win. Yay yay for Hellscream we cheer!

10+ Year Old Account
    Enough for him to get better. It is more than DBZ. It is Warcraft. There is not even a bit of lore saying Varian did not have his demigod power. Anyway, he was a pussy.

Garrosh king. Garrosh win. Yay yay for Hellscream we cheer!
    And what makes you he is alone getting better? again this is not DBZ where just Goku is the only one who is getting massively improved while other stand still this is not a hyperbolic chamber area man Varian also gets better overtime so does others.

Pussy? Varian was fighting in the arena and been called Lo'gash and killed Onyxia while Garrosh was whining and crying because of his father issues who is the pussy now I wonder?

And what makes you he is alone getting better? again this is not DBZ where just Goku is the only one who is getting massively improved while other stand still this is not a hyperbolic chamber area man Varian also gets better overtime so does others.

Pussy? Varian was fighting in the arena and been called Lo'gash and killed Onyxia while Garrosh was whining and crying because of his father issues who is the pussy now I wonder?
    Because he is from saiyajin race. Varian is a human.

Yeah, pussy. Varian still. Quite a bushy one too.

For me Saurfang without a doubt. Saurfang is legendary warrior. Not only he is strong and renoved but also he has experience to back it up.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang is the Chuck Norris of WoW.

Deleted
    Varok is a skilled warrior and Garrosh is just a ''Me SMASH!'' bully. All that Garrosh has on his side is youth, that's about it.