Page 2 of 225 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    it really isn't, Is don't know what world you live in where movies coming out regularly tv shows coming out and multiple comic lines is in the toilet.
    Yeah because Solo did so great

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Yeah because Solo did so great
    and? that isn't stopping them form again putting out more movies more tv shows and more comics. starwars isn't stopping at all just because solo didn't do the best.

it really isn't, Is don't know what world you live in where movies coming out regularly tv shows coming out and multiple comic lines is in the toilet.
    Shit in general, goes in the toilet.

10+ Year Old Account
    and? that isn't stopping them form again putting out more movies more tv shows and more comics. starwars isn't stopping at all just because solo didn't do the best.
    Yeah...because cancelling projects in a good and healthy thing?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Shit in general, goes in the toilet.
    yet starwars still has the steam to have high selling comics and push out new shows so clearly its shit is going on shelf's.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah...because cancelling projects in a good and healthy thing?
    you haven't been following starwars for long have you? there has been a pretty much a constant stream of projects that have never made it to light and yet its still going as a whole. if canceled projects meant starwars was going to die it would have died many years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    yet starwars still has the steam to have high selling comics and push out new shows so clearly its shit is going on shelf's.

- - - Updated - - -

you haven't been following starwars for long have you? there has been a pretty much a constant stream of projects that have never made it to light and yet its still going as a whole. if canceled projects meant starwars was going to die it would have died many years ago.
    We haven't seen anything since Solo tanked...so we have no evidence either way what is going to happen...all we know is projects that were a go have been cancelled...that is not a healthy thing when a billion dollar franchise cancels major projects.

7+ Year Old Account
    We haven't seen anything since Solo tanked...so we have no evidence either way what is going to happen...all we know is projects that were a go have been cancelled...that is not a healthy thing when a billion dollar franchise cancels major projects.
    your kidding right? starwars had a huge gap between the originals and the prequels then another gap between that and the new ones with a ton of canceled projects between both times if that was the measure of its livelihood it would already be dead.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/s...-wars-projects

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/4/17...hoto-directors

as much as i hate disneywars, this could potentially be good and i am slightly more excited than pessimistic.

being set far from the republic is the best thing they could have done with it. i just hope it's not some weak-dick bitch of a mandalorian, about justice and peace and shit.

i want the legit mandalorians, the jedi-killers, the most elite professional armies and soldiers for hire in the galaxy.
    Mandalorians are as morally grey as they get. To make them into heroic images, would be stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh god, I just thought of something. What if the main character is a strong independent lesbian social activist woman who don't need no man, because Hollyweird, and the show bombs, and Disney will still not get the message, and will blame white male scum and russian bots?

10+ Year Old Account
    Did Solo tank?

You could say for a SW movie but it wasn't a main line movie. Ratings above average. It made its money back. Worse Disney movie of the year...but Disney's curve is higher than everyone elses.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    Mandalorians are as morally grey as they get. To make them into heroic images, would be stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh god, I just thought of something. What if the main character is a strong independent lesbian social activist woman who don't need no man, because Hollyweird, and the show bombs, and Disney will still not get the message, and will blame white male scum and russian bots?
    i wouldn't be opposed to a doctor aphra show if they were willing to keep it as tortury and murdery as the comics though it would be really far down on the list of starwars related stuff id want to see on tv/movies.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    I have not subscribed to CBS's streaming service and was able to watch all of ST" Discovery free. It is out there if you know where to look.
    If you're not in the US this somewhere is called 'Netflix' =) We're also getting DCs Titans. I'm not saying I want it, though.

Shit's going on the shelves all right but that's exactly where it's staying.

https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/star-...toy-sales-tank

This article was written before Solo tanked. And by SW standards it absolutely tanked which even caused stock prices to fall.

https://movieweb.com/solo-star-wars-...x-office-bomb/

You can be a Disney apologist all you want but the truth is in the math and the math says something is wrong at the Lucasfilm division. Comic book sales are irrelevant and honestly you should be embarassed to include that as an example of financial success.

I'm done with this conversation but I wanted to say in the end I love Star Wars. It's that love that causes me to be passionate about the franchise. Because I'm passionate I care about the direction and the future of the brand. I don't love it blindly however, and will call out those in charge when they threaten it's long term existence. We can either just accept the direction of Lucasfilm and continue to watch the decline of Star Wars into mediocrity or we can demand it be something better. I truly hope Ep. 9 can right the ship and save the franchise but their continued blindness to what is actually wrong with SW gives me doubt.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Shit's going on the shelves all right but that's exactly where it's staying.

https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/star-...toy-sales-tank

This article was written before Solo tanked. And by SW standards it absolutely tanked which even caused stock prices to fall.

https://movieweb.com/solo-star-wars-...x-office-bomb/

You can be a Disney apologist all you want but the truth is in the math and the math says something is wrong at the Lucasfilm division. Comic book sales are irrelevant and honestly you should be embarassed to include that as an example of financial success.

I'm done with this conversation but I wanted to say in the end I love Star Wars. It's that love that causes me to be passionate about the franchise. Because I'm passionate I care about the direction and the future of the brand. I don't love it blindly however, and will call out those in charge when they threaten it's long term existence. We can either just accept the direction of Lucasfilm and continue to watch the decline of Star Wars into mediocrity or we can demand it be something better. I truly hope Ep. 9 can right the ship and save the franchise but their continued blindness to what is actually wrong with SW gives me doubt.
    ya i couldn't care less about toy sales which is why i didn't site them. I care about actual starwars content rather that be story's told in movies comics or shows. I also wasn't siting comics for financial success but for interest, starwars is still putting out high quality content that content just hasn't been in the movies. the comics are selling well people are still interested in starwars content and Disney is expanding that content with more and more comic lines coming out. if starwars could survive before with just the eu its not going to die now that one movie did poorly.

i am one happiboi right now

ya i couldn't care less about toy sales which is why i didn't site them. I care about actual starwars content rather that be story's told in movies comics or shows. I also wasn't siting comics for financial success but for interest, starwars is still putting out high quality content that content just hasn't been in the movies. the comics are selling well people are still interested in starwars content and Disney is expanding that content with more and more comic lines coming out. if starwars could survive before with just the eu its not going to die now that one movie did poorly.

They're the reason the franchise still even exists. Hell, the money they made from the action figures in '77 alone was enough to fund ESB and RotJ.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Gondola View Post
    They're the reason the franchise still even exists. Hell, the money they made from the action figures in '77 alone was enough to fund ESB and RotJ.
    and i don't care. a piece of plastic means nothing to me a well told story does.

@Daemos daemonium, while I get your opinion and thoughts on the last few movies, I am a die hard fan myself and was REALLY looking forward to the next Episodes and Solo. but...................... they are trying TOO DAMNED HARD to push politics and SJW into these movies with HORRIBLE story development and originality. for christs sake TFA was a CARBON COPY of ANH and TLJ was a carbon copy of ESB. The only differences is all the political and SJW bullshit being crammed into these movies.

I do like these movies and I did enjoy them, but yeah, when your heads of company starts shelving projects with no start dates on the ones they are looking into production, that spells doubt in the franchise profitability and continued growth. Farveu is a great choice considering his works on Marvel and he has a style that can fit Mandalorian, but now much is he going to be able to go it on his own with out Empress Kathrine overshadowing him with more PC garbage.

After SW:Rebels, I have some hope that Mandalorian will be the next best thing SW but.... with Empress Kathrine, I feel that New Hope fading like the sunset on Tatooine.

BTW the actual SW content outside of Rebels speaks VOLUMES among the masses both in favor and against. Against does have the higher voice though. Disney has the capital to keep soaking SW material to big screen, but fandom can only bring in so much before losses start outweighing.

- - - Updated - - -

and i don't care. a piece of plastic means nothing to me a well told story does.
    Problems with this statement is that, those pieces of plastic, those comics, those novels, those MERCHANDISING dollars, are what helps keep a franchise progressing. That merchandising dollar stops or slows to a trickle, well they will eventually have to pull plug and cut losses.

Story dont carry businesses. They are part of the foundation, but they are not THE foundation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    @Daemos daemonium, while I get your opinion and thoughts on the last few movies, I am a die hard fan myself and was REALLY looking forward to the next Episodes and Solo. but...................... they are trying TOO DAMNED HARD to push politics and SJW into these movies with HORRIBLE story development and originality. for christs sake TFA was a CARBON COPY of ANH and TLJ was a carbon copy of ESB. The only differences is all the political and SJW bullshit being crammed into these movies.

I do like these movies and I did enjoy them, but yeah, when your heads of company starts shelving projects with no start dates on the ones they are looking into production, that spells doubt in the franchise profitability and continued growth. Farveu is a great choice considering his works on Marvel and he has a style that can fit Mandalorian, but now much is he going to be able to go it on his own with out Empress Kathrine overshadowing him with more PC garbage.

After SW:Rebels, I have some hope that Mandalorian will be the next best thing SW but.... with Empress Kathrine, I feel that New Hope fading like the sunset on Tatooine.

BTW the actual SW content outside of Rebels speaks VOLUMES among the masses both in favor and against. Against does have the higher voice though. Disney has the capital to keep soaking SW material to big screen, but fandom can only bring in so much before losses start outweighing.

- - - Updated - - -

Problems with this statement is that, those pieces of plastic, those comics, those novels, those MERCHANDISING dollars, are what helps keep a franchise progressing. That merchandising dollar stops or slows to a trickle, well they will eventually have to pull plug and cut losses.

Story dont carry businesses. They are part of the foundation, but they are not THE foundation.
    I think the newer main movies are mostly bad though a mix of bad acting bad casting and bad writing but even with all of that i still enjoy the moives as they add more to what i like of starwars which is force related stuff with kylo and empire/first order related stuff with again kylo.

I don't how ever think the movies them self's are political at all, the makers of the movies and the actors play it up to be political but nothing in the actual movies are in the slightest unless war profiteering is a political stance. the movies to me are bad starwars story's with some good parts between all the bad the good parts are just good enough that i find the movies enjoyable.

The comics on the other hand are done very super well like say the clone wars or rebels that's the quality i hope the new stuff coming out is held up to not the movies that even while i find parts enjoyable on a whole are pretty meh or bad.

as far as merchandise goes comic sales are still going steady TLJ did good on dvd sales i have no fear that starwars is suddenly gonna drop every thing because toy sales go down the movies might not be pushed out as often but the franchise as a whole isn't in danger it was fine with no movies for huge stretches before it will be fine now.

as far as merchandise goes comic sales are still going steady TLJ did good on dvd sales i have no fear that starwars is suddenly gonna drop every thing because toy sales go down the movies might not be pushed out as often but the franchise as a whole isn't in danger it was fine with no movies for huge stretches before it will be fine now.
    It was fine for those dormant periods because the fanbase wasn't completely shattered within a 6 month span.
    Now I'm gonna duck before I derail this thread further.
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2018-10-08 at 06:26 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Gondola View Post
    It was fine for those dormant periods because the fanbase wasn't completely shattered within a 6 month span.
    lets do a comparison.

January 1995 Star Wars: Dark Empire II sold 39,200 copy's. Star Wars: Dark Lords of the Sith 29,600 copys sold.

April 1998 Star Wars The Last Command sold 33,848 copy's and Star Wars Shadows of the Empire Evolution 33,452.

so pre prequels number a dormant period.

may 2008 Star Wars Legacy 23 30,346, Star Wars Legacy 24 29,592 copy's sold.

February 2010 Star Wars Legacy 45 20,100, Star Wars Knights Old Republic 15,527 copy's sold.

so another dormant period after the prequels.

july 2018 Star Wars 50 61,832, Star Wars 51 49,136 copy's sold.

august 2018 Star Wars 52 48,439, Star Wars Darth Vader 44,681 copy's sold.

I know comic sales arnt a big deal bit it would seem that the "shattered fanbase" is beating out the dormant one on the number of people taking in the actual content.

you can find the sales numbers here if you are so inclined to check them your self. http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2018-10-08 at 06:39 AM.