Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The "son of the wolf " doesn't mean that alliance win.

So everyone has it in their heads that just because anduin and velen are seen in -velen- vision that the alliance must win the faction wars, but the vision showed what is essentially 1-2minutes of the two talking about a unforeseen enemy. No where does it show Azeroth,the alliance, or horde so all we know is that those two survived to older age.

This could mean a lot of things.

1. Yes the alliance won and Azeroth was brought to peace under anduin.

2. The horde won and settled for a unified peace that favored the horde.

3. No one won and a forever stalemate happened.

4. Azeroth was corrupted and forced the alliance and horde to evacuate. Old gods won.

5. Azeroth woke up and ordered a end to the fighting.

6. The void lords broke free and for decades there's been a war going on.

7. The void lords broke free sent a army to Azeroth and anduin got life siphoned,aging him drastically.

8. Anduin just got life siphoned and the vision is only a few years ahead and the wars on Azeroth are still happening.

I havent seen any say that that it meant an alliance victory. I just assume they put aside the tired faction war.

Visions have poor track records for reaching fruition in this universe.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    In a game universe that has multiple timelines stories set in the future are just possibilities and predict nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one is going to "win" in a game where the playerbase is divided between the two factions... The factions will fight like idiots until the void shows up to wreck their shit, and then they'll realize how stupid the war is (and probably depose the leader(s) who started it) and stop fighting each other to fight the void.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

The vision was made null by illidan.
    When he rejected the gift of light he altered the timeline, which could have caused sargeras to stab azeroth. If he had taken the light, this may not have happened.
    The azerite spurred on an early and more dangerous war.

Given that Anduin is in charge of practically everything in the future, yes, the Alliance directly or indirectly wins.

If there's a truce, and then he's chosen as the supreme leader of all then it's an indirect win for the Alliance. If the Alliance subjugated the Horde, then it's a direct win.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Visions have poor track records for reaching fruition in this universe.
    Indeed, Velen took a lot of time to learn that
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Son of the Wolf isn't prevented as a vision/prophecy, but just as something that happens in the future.

That said with this franchise's record with RETcONS we needn't assume 100% it will happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never seen anyone use it to claim the Alliance won, I've only seen people use it to show Anduin is still alive into his old age, against the haters who say he is a crybaby who needs to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    I've never seen anyone use it to claim the Alliance won, I've only seen people use it to show Anduin is still alive into his old age, against the haters who say he is a crybaby who needs to die.
    Illidan got killed and returned, the same thing can happend with Anduin but considering the tropes about changing fate in legion and retcons, that comic will go with Me'dan canonicity
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it all but rules out a decisive Horde victory, especially under the Horde's current leadership which would not suffer Anduin and Velen to live in the event of a decisive, faction-breaking win. At least until it's inevitably retconned, because Blizzard looks at continuity with the same soul-searing dread and terror one feels when one looks upon the King in Yellow.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Crybaby =/= complaining about a poorly written Mary Sue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Crybaby =/= complaining about a poorly written Mary Sue.
    I guess you missed all the people calling him a crybaby? I guess you also don't know the definition of a Mary Sue and you just use it because it's a common buzzword these days.

I guess you missed all the people calling him a crybaby? I guess you also don't know the definition of a Mary Sue and you just use it because it's a common buzzword these days.
    No no, child. I know what a Mary Sue is. Anduin fits the definition of a Mary Sue. You don't need to be an author self-insert to be a Sue, as I'm sure you likely believe.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably already retconned.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Nobody's saying that, though. Is this just a reply to one guy on a forum or what?

I don't think anyone except the biggest psychopaths on each faction think that victory means exterminating the opposing faction. The idea is to force a surrender and to break the will of the other side. Chances are, neither Anduin or Velen would be executed if captured because they're leaders and way more valuable alive. Even someone like Sylvanas would likely rather capture Anduin than kill him, because of the value of being able to use the life of a leader as a bargaining chip. In fact she often says she will make him "kneel", pretty much confirming she has no intent to kill him, at least not immediately.

Also, Velen's future visions are a possibility, not a truth. He expresses this many times ingame. The things he sees are not guaranteed to happen, simply a stepping stone on the path of fate he's currently walking on. Him envisioning Anduin as a leader of a future army says nothing but the fact that Anduin has the potential to become extremely wise and powerful one day, which is kind of a "no shit".

blizzard retcons anything and everything at the drop of a hat without a moments notice. we are never, ever going reach a situation where a blizzard writer thinks "oh, well i wanted to write anduin's death, but i guess i can't because of the ending of a comic called son of the wolf from years ago that no one remember". if that happens they will think "i guess son of the wolf contradicts this....... well now son of the wolf is non-canon"

Quote Originally Posted by gioderpington View Post
    The vision was made null by illidan.
    When he rejected the gift of light he altered the timeline, which could have caused sargeras to stab azeroth. If he had taken the light, this may not have happened.
    The azerite spurred on an early and more dangerous war.
    who's to say illidan rejecting the gift wasn't part of this timeline..?

7+ Year Old Account
    The son of the wolf scene isnt a vision.
    Its the future.

Anduin being in stormwind killing that dreadlord is a memory.

Formerly known as Arafal