Noob PvPer looking for some tips to get started (Arms Warrior)

I usually stick to pve as my main source of time sink in this game but I decided to give pvp a go this expansion and was curious if some other warriors could give me some tips to start out with. I know most team comps have a name but im not familiar with most of their make up and was curious what works well, from what i hear Turbo (enhance/war?) is good and was wondering what else might work since I dont really know any enhance's. A mage friend of mine and h pally was interested in pvp when I was talking about giving it a go do those 2 work together good with Wars?

Also what traits should I aim for on gear, I have pretty much every 340 azerite piece so im pretty flexible there, I was assuming maybe Executioner's Precision or Lord of War for burst, but I read both of those were nerfed in pvp a while ago so im not to sure tbh.

Well, the way I learned how to PvP really well was doing duels, duels and more duels. Fighting every spec individually and multiple times makes you learn all their abilities, cooldowns, talents, traits, how they do different combinations of them and how to react to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Well, the way I learned how to PvP really well was doing duels, duels and more duels. Fighting every spec individually and multiple times makes you learn all their abilities, cooldowns, talents, traits, how they do different combinations of them and how to react to them.
    I know there use to be places to duel people all the time before like outside Org gates in Durotar but do people still hangout somewhere and duel nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by Kylusen View Post
    I usually stick to pve as my main source of time sink in this game but I decided to give pvp a go this expansion and was curious if some other warriors could give me some tips to start out with. I know most team comps have a name but im not familiar with most of their make up and was curious what works well, from what i hear Turbo (enhance/war?) is good and was wondering what else might work since I dont really know any enhance's. A mage friend of mine and h pally was interested in pvp when I was talking about giving it a go do those 2 work together good with Wars?

Also what traits should I aim for on gear, I have pretty much every 340 azerite piece so im pretty flexible there, I was assuming maybe Executioner's Precision or Lord of War for burst, but I read both of those were nerfed in pvp a while ago so im not to sure tbh.
    You're fortunate in that arms/frost/healer is a pretty good comp. Its just a bit harder than turbo with a bit more pressure on the mage.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Kylusen View Post
    I know there use to be places to duel people all the time before like outside Org gates in Durotar but do people still hangout somewhere and duel nowadays?
    I don't PvP much nowadays, it was more from TBC to MoP but yeah, mostly gates of Orgrimmar/Stormwind. There's some people dueling in the port of Zuldazar and I think people still go to the gates of main cities, just not as much as before.

Deleted
    Reroll Rogue, Rogue or Rogue

Or dh or frost mage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Well, the way I learned how to PvP really well was doing duels, duels and more duels..
    If you're going by this tip be prepared that you won't win a single duel as an arms warrior. They're hands down the worst 1v1 class in the entire game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blulingo View Post
    Reroll Rogue, Rogue or Rogue

Or dh or frost mage
    Arms warrior ir currently more common in 3v3 (2300+) than both mages and demon hunters so I think he'll be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    If you're going by this tip be prepared that you won't win a single duel as an arms warrior. They're hands down the worst 1v1 class in the entire game.
    Yes, the second most played DPS specc at 2300+ rating (3v3) is worse then speccs that sees no play like MM hunters. Sounds plausible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefsupreme View Post
    Arms warrior ir currently more common in 3v3 (2300+) than both mages and demon hunters so I think he'll be just fine.

Yes, the second most played DPS specc at 2300+ rating (3v3) is worse then speccs that sees no play like MM hunters. Sounds plausible.
    1v1 =/= 3v3

Use your CDs effectively, try to punish healers with interrupts, swap to another target immediately when they use defensive cds(if they're not really low), kite when you're in a bad spot.

Most of the time the healer should be the one coordinating your defensive cds.

You should time your offensive cds with the other dps to make sure you are both able to deal damage, don't pump out random damage.

That's a lie.
    https://thelootdistrict.com/pvpstats...owme=represent

He said that he won't win a single DUEL.

On topic, the best way is to watch some high rated warrior streaming.
    This video can help you too, azerite traits are outdated btw, we mostly play with Crushing Assault.

Enjoy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    https://www.arenamate.net/?region=&r...r=3v3&faction=

Arms warrior second most common DPS specc over 2300+ and both Mages and rogues got rebalanced today so it probably won't hurt their representation.

https://www.arenamate.net/?region=&r...r=3v3&faction=

Arms warrior second most common DPS specc over 2300+ and both Mages and rogues got rebalanced today so it probably won't hurt their representation.
    The data you got is post nerf indeed, Mages were higher yesterday, but the numbers are so close that your accusations of OPness is just a lie, not speaking about the fact that mages have another spec that is decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    I did it precisely with Arms, but in WotLK. :P