Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    At this point I can only hope unsubs will cause them to change their mind I just unsubbed and know quite a few other alliance that did as well. Played time and subs are the only things that matter to the people upstairs if people are actually willing to unsub maybe that will force a change or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    At this point I can only hope unsubs will cause them to change their mind I just unsubbed and know quite a few other alliance that did as well. Played time and subs are the only things that matter to the people upstairs if people are actually willing to unsub maybe that will force a change or not.
    Exactly, lets all unsub and force Blizzard to write the story as we demand it :P

thanks for proving my previous stated point.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLogic View Post
    Exactly, lets all unsub and force Blizzard to write the story as we demand it :P

thanks for proving my previous stated point.
    Or just to actually follow their own previously set rules and to give a crud about a faction besides da horde

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Or just to actually follow their own previously set rules and to give a crud about a faction besides da horde
    It's not even "da horde", it's the Forsaken. What to the other ones do, except following orders? Only Saurfang still has some agency - the others might grumble a bit but still do exactly what Sylvanas wants.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    It's not even "da horde", it's the Forsaken. What to the other ones do, except following orders? Only Saurfang still has some agency - the others might grumble a bit but still do exactly what Sylvanas wants.
    sure, thats the reason why we cant do a jack shit about saurfang going apeshit mode 2 times. or because multiple NPCs refers to us as alive character.
    because we are doing forsaken quests!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't we? I hear Nathanos all the time, with his annoying "I trust you know what to do", as if he's working with a mentally impaired peon instead of a Horde Champion.

Reddit found the reason why the story sucks and is forsaken focused.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...reddit-android

as if he's working with a mentally impaired peon instead of a Horde Champion.
    90% of the time, he propably is.

Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    Jesus, the entire conflict is between whether Danuser's waifu or Golden's husbando is victorious. It's not just self-insert fanfiction it's tug of war self-insert fanfiction.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2018-10-08 at 08:47 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Jesus, the entire conflict is between whether Danuser's waifu or Golden's husbando is victorious.
    Both of them must be replaced, even unwashed Monkeys would do.
    But one soul lies anxious wide awake Fearing no manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    90% of the time, he propably is.
    You're confusing the player with the character. Lorewise, we're Champions, former wielders of legendary weapons, who faced down countless threats to Azeroth, be it demons, undead or old gods. I can understand Sylvanas treating us like that, be there's a slight difference between the Warchief and one of her minions.

... Then again, if that link above is really true, it explains so fucking much... We're in a terrible Nathanos fanfic, where's he's this badass edgelord, killing Alliance, being snarky douche, treating Horde's Champion/Speaker like braindead minion and jerking off to Sylvanas in his spare time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Jesus, the entire conflict is between whether Danuser's waifu or Golden's husbando is victorious. It's not just self-insert fanfiction it's tug of war self-insert fanfiction.
    Hey, at least Anduin doesn't treat your character like shit while making googly eyes toward ... I dunno, he doesn't really have Sylvanas analogue. "The Light", probably. Or Wrathion.

Also, Varian did get an epic send off and his son taking over made sense. Vol'jin was offed by random demon and had a "many will not understand" moment, just so we could get this Nathanos fanfic rolling. Again I'd take the former over the latter.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2018-10-08 at 09:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It got deleted. What did I miss?

7+ Year Old Account
    So... we just found Mehrune's real identity?

Regardless, that someone like this is in charge of the lore is, frankly, horrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/FX4poT6.png

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-10-08 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Received Infraction
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    One of Warcraft devs is appearently a huge Sylvanas fanboy and considers Nathanos to be like looking into a "dark mirror". Includes writing borderline "in character" love letters to his Warchief.

I don't know how true that is or how influential the guy really is, but if he was involved in the actual BFA story ... boy would it explain a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So... we just found Mehrune's real identity?

Regardless, that someone like this is in charge of the lore is, frankly, horrifying.

https://i.imgur.com/FX4poT6.png
    Oh Jesus fuck.

One of Warcraft devs is appearently a huge Sylvanas fanboy and considers Nathanos to be like looking into a "dark mirror". Includes writing borderline "in character" love letters to his Warchief.

I don't know how true that is or how influential the guy really is, but if he was involved in the actual BFA story ... boy would it explain a lot.
    He’s a lead narrative designer apparently. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Steve_Danuser

Him and Golden must be having some kind of war.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I'm guessing what's happening is that Sylvanas isn't mind controlling them, but an evil death god is. Sylvanas just THINKS everyone is as evil and miserable as she is on death so she doesn't think anything is out of the ordinary.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt Sylvanas is doing it.
    TBH I wish this was a thing; it would excuse so many inconsistencies and what has looked like shit writing, and set up something interesting for the future. I hope its what they're doing. If it isn't what they're doing, I hope they steal the idea and fix it/use that regardless and pretend it was their idea. Because without that factor its extremely stupid. It would even tie into Sylvanas's speech she gave the Forsaken about seeing their loved ones be more consistent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is the truth beyond the truth. The burden is too heavy.

... Then again, if that link above is really true, it explains so fucking much... We're in a terrible Nathanos fanfic, where's he's this badass edgelord, killing Alliance, being snarky douche, treating Horde's Champion/Speaker like braindead minion and jerking off to Sylvanas in his spare time.
    Hey, at least Anduin doesn't treat your character like shit while making googly eyes toward ... I dunno, he doesn't really have Sylvanas analogue. "The Light", probably. Or Wrathion.

Also, Varian did get an epic send off and his son taking over made sense. Vol'jin was offed by random demon and had a "many will not understand" moment, just so we could get this Nathanos fanfic rolling. Again I'd take the former over the latter.
    I disagree and I call on all of you to not forget who the real person at fault in this is. Battle for Azeroth may be Golden vs Danuser, but Golden is by far the greater evil.

Think about it. Why is Sylvanas Warchief? To facilitate BFA and to sell merchandise. But she still sold merchandise without being Warchief before, Vol'jin was killed to equalize Varian's death, in earlier versions of the Legion Beta he survived. Why then, keep him dead?

Easy, it's because only Sylvanas is evil enough to enable the war plot and burn the tree, as Golden had Jaina say would happen in Tides of War. This is because Golden's Anduin is so angelic, blameless and loved by all that he couldn't possibly be the instigator of anything. As such, the Horde must be categorically evil and Sylvanas must be in charge for the story to take place. A story that revolves in all aspects around vindicating Anduin and what a nice and swell guy he is. Nathanos would never be on that beach messing with night elves if Golden weren't in charge because without Golden, Anduin would be a more nuanced character and they wouldn't need Sylvanas in charge to start the war or the tree to be burnt, thus no vengeance would be necessary.

Danuser is clearly the lesser evil in this. Not only because the sum of his action is to hype up his self-insert and hook him up with his waifu, but because he's clearly more limited in influence than Golden. His hard-on for Sylvanas hasn't stopped the story from being a Mists retread where she fails then loses, whereas Golden being wetter than the Pacific regarding Anduin has warped the entire plotline, deprived the Alliance of all depth and the Horde by proxy since we need to be cartoon villains to enable this plot.

If the Battle for Azeroth is the battle between Golden and Danuser, then I'd vote for Danuser any day.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I suppose that's right, though it doesn't mean he's doing a better job. It's only because he's focusing his effort on a minion instead of a ruler, so Nathanos doesn't get to influence events to anywhere near the same degree... Then again, it's not like Anduin is doing much beside being a good boy. It's much more passive role, so it doesn't feel as irritating during personal interraction.

Meanwhile, dealing with Nathanos is incredibly annoying even as a Horde. If they wanted to have an evil, smug douche, they should have copied Alarak. At least he was funny when insulting everyone else - and he could back up his attitude with some real power. Instead, we get a random undead archer, who somehow can stand up to supercharged high priestess and most powerful druid on Azeroth. While resurrecting their former allies who instantly join him. Also, treats someone who should be way above him in power as a barely competent minion.

It's like someone forgot that Nathanos is an NPC and not the main character of this game.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2018-10-08 at 02:10 PM.

rotfl, someone make a pair of rp puns and a wave of nerds going apeshitting?
    rotfl, now i seriously hope that blizzard is massively trolling us. its all we deserve >_<