View Poll Results: would you like to have Valor/Justice points back?

Voters
379. This poll is closed
  • yes. with Valor cap per week

292 77.04%
  • yes, but with rework (and I will explain in comment)

32 8.44%
  • No

41 10.82%
  • I don't care

14 3.69%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Question Do you miss Valor points and similar Currencies?

TBH I am not big fan of grinding. but Valor/Justice points had good system for me, as a casual player
    I play mostly for story +some fun. rarely do PVP and my maximum Progress is LFR/Heroic Dungeons

during Wotlk/Cata/MoP, good stuff was that I could do Dungeon runs. be it Heroic or normal, and LFR raids. they gave me small amounts of currency which I could use later to buy something usefull. it was small progress but was a guarantee that I could gear up a bit be it a hardcore player or just a casual who works a lot and has small amount of time for game. doing a dungeon or two daily was not too time consuming for me.

Hard modes are for players, who want to have harder and more difficult content and who are willing to give more time for their accomplishment. and they deserve it. I have done 0 Heroic dungeons since BfA started. really. I want to, but I am a warlock, and I have not enough time to spend much time in-game. I barely do LFR wings per week

Deleted
    Yes. Valor points gave you deterministic rewards. It prevented you to be at the complete mercy of RNG like we are these days.

So, no matter what random drop you got or didn't get, you knew you got something for running the content. It wasn't a complete waste of time.

Yes, but not for everything. It's more to help smooth over the cracks in RNG based looting.

Right now we have no real way of targeting specific items, other than your two bonus rolls a week (reducing this from three feels bad, and even worse when it gives you AP instead of loot). Even if it's the mother of all grinds, you know you're going to get that bad luck item eventually. And it gives casuals some way to get better gear as well, just slower.

Deleted
    Yes. I really hope it returns one day.
    It meant that you were guaranteed to get an item at the end of the tunnel for playing the content instead of solely relying on RNG.

Edit:
    They should bring back PvP vendors too and remove titanforging.
    Last edited by mmoc0ed0ccd1ac; 2018-10-08 at 11:08 AM.

Get rid of titan/warforging.

Let us buy gear with currency.

GG

15+ Year Old Account
    I love tf and wf. Always hated valor:justice rewards.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

I do, but not to buy items. WQ's already give a huge amount of gear to get you started. I'd remove WF/TF and use VP with a cap to upgrade an item a couple times (like in MoP).

Yes, but we know that Blizz favour MAU subscriptions over better gameplay so it will never happen

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly i hate wf/tf system, so frustrating. And every new player with zero gear, but with little luck, can equip trough week more than hardcore player, bcs its just rng.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like pure currency systems for gear. Takes the fun out of looting, removes even more of the RPG aspect from WoW (we barely have much left as it is...) and ultimately makes gearing up a completely fixed duration grind.

I totally can agree that the RNG involved in gearing is too much right now (pretty much because of farming the right Azerite trait on all your items) but I would really hate if the game moved to a fully currency based gearing system.

Maybe to fill missing holes in gear as a catch up thing? Yeah, totally fine with that. In fact, so is Blizzard cause we had that in Legion (it just wasn't called valor points. Just look at the vendors on Broken Shore and Argus if you don't remember). I won't be surprised if they add such a system in BFA soon too, it's just more of a catch up thing so not in with the first patch.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

yes but we live in world of MAU driving every action of blizzard so they will never bring VP back .

YES! Remove TF/WF and give us a currency to buy better gear. Maybe even to also buy "tokens" that can be used to upgrade gear.

I loved the Justice/valor system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leih View Post
    I don't like pure currency systems for gear. Takes the fun out of looting, removes even more of the RPG aspect from WoW (we barely have much left as it is...) and ultimately makes gearing up a completely fixed duration grind.

I totally can agree that the RNG involved in gearing is too much right now (pretty much because of farming the right Azerite trait on all your items) but I would really hate if the game moved to a fully currency based gearing system.

Maybe to fill missing holes in gear as a catch up thing? Yeah, totally fine with that. In fact, so is Blizzard cause we had that in Legion (it just wasn't called valor points. Just look at the vendors on Broken Shore and Argus if you don't remember). I won't be surprised if they add such a system in BFA soon too, it's just more of a catch up thing so not in with the first patch.
    nono, not a currency system were you can buy every gearpiece needed, maybe not even the best. It was nice doing raids/dungeons and getting valor. Atleast you got something out of it if you did not get loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Yes. Valor points gave you deterministic rewards. It prevented you to be at the complete mercy of RNG like we are these days.

So, no matter what random drop you got or didn't get, you knew you got something for running the content. It wasn't a complete waste of time.
    This sums things up perfectly.

The biggest problem with the current use of RNG for everything is that it's just a slot machine. Sure, you might get something good, but most times you're going to get nothing of value. Gold? Don't make me laugh. A drop of AP? It's a bad system to begin with, and isn't a worthy reward for the effort of an entire dungeon run, even at the LFD level, much less for downing a raid boss.

The game needs SOMETHING that's in the hands of the players to help combat the RNG shitfest.

But the problem is that too many players aren't willing to speak up or criticize this system. They're too invested in the game to even consider backing out. And what's worse is there's a hard core of "1337" players who will always respond to criticism of bad systems with "Get gud, play more." or "I did the grind, so you have to too." An addict defending their supplier even though they know they're being ripped off.

And the tragedy of it all is that WoW still has the potential to be an amazing game. All it takes is for Blizzard to stop being in full corporate profit/exploit mode, and get back to making sure their game actually has a soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I do, but not to buy items. WQ's already give a huge amount of gear to get you started. I'd remove WF/TF and use VP with a cap to upgrade an item a couple times (like in MoP).
    that's a good idea.
    upgrading gear into TF/WF whatever, would be nice

hardcore players work hard and get better rewards. always
    rest get rewards depending on their progress. I don't mind to be behind by Item Power. I don't play= I get less upgrades. but it's more than Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Leih View Post

there is too much RNG
    Legion WQ had more and better rewards, than BfA ones, which got too useless in few weeks
    at least for me. I still cant understand how did it happen. back in Legion I did farm AP. now I don't care much. I barely get 2-3 levels per week

VP/JP should give players access to 2-3 items of Normal Raid quality. that is maximum. want more? go play harder game. that's all
    and I don't mind that.

Deleted
    It was simplistic, but it was nice and "predictable" in a good way, allowed you to make plans and the amount of effort/work required were good even for semicasual players, and it was alt-friendly as well.

Still it was not without its issues. One that I remember was the emphasis on spending valor to buy set pieces. They were so important that most of the time you were avoiding to spend valor points on anything else.
    Likewise having so much relevance (and accessibility) on set pieces, made all other non-set pieces irrelevant. You were basically picking your 4 best set pieces, and something else in the 5th slot. That was the degree of "freedom".

Clearly that was wrong, when you are completely ignoring a wide amount of available pieces simply because they would break your set bonus, it's not good design.
    At the same time though the lack of set pieces or the implementation we saw in Legion and probably WoD as well, I didn't like that either, for sorta opposite reasons.

I'm not saying I have a solution in mind for what I saw happening in TBC, WotLK, Cata etc, just that I acknowledge there was this issue with that system.
    Overall I'd still go back to that model though, if I were given the choice.

Edit:
    I also remember I felt a problem in procuring weapons. Getting good weapons was hard, there weren't many and most of them came exclusively from raids. There was a clear lack of good alternatives, even if rightfully worse ones.
    I seem to remember there wasn't a decent weapons category with Valor Points? Or is my memory tricking me?
    Last edited by mmocf466cc5c1b; 2018-10-08 at 11:41 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The badge system in late TBC and wotlk, and the valor/justice point system was something I always enjoyed. It could help fill holes in your gear and also gave you a reason to run dungeons and raids. Remember running Karazhan for badges, heroics for badges in wotlk and dungeons and those minidungeons I can't remember the name of in MoP for valor. It was a system that worked and it annoys me so much they abandoned it in favor of MORE BLOODY RNG!

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Totally forgot about those.

Yeah, I miss them. Gave you some progress towards gear if your RNG was bad.
    - Dare not to sleep -

7+ Year Old Account
    I really did like the valor points. Gave people a chance with really bad luck to still get some items.

I even liked the fact that in WotLK, once you had enough, you could buy 2 tier 8 pieces with them - but that was it. Want the full set? Want the last tier bonus? Go raid, you!