View Poll Results: would you like to have Valor/Justice points back?

Voters
379. This poll is closed
  • yes. with Valor cap per week

292 77.04%
  • yes, but with rework (and I will explain in comment)

32 8.44%
  • No

41 10.82%
  • I don't care

14 3.69%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As someone who has played the game and read mmoc all these years, its hilarious how something that was completely hated before is now asked for. Some of the most active threads were all about how Valor points and Conquest points FORCED players to run boring dungeons and how raids only gave 30% of your weekly valor and you had to LFG to death and how if you miss a reset you were 1000 points behind, etc.

No, I dont want currencies back. The -forging system is actually really amazing, the only downside to it is items being able to go above +15 ilevels and the randomness of sockets.

1) Cap TF for gear at +15, weapons at +10
    2) All rings and trinkets come with a gem socket, no other items can get a socket

This way you have a balanced system that can be exciting but also not driving too much of a gap based on luck.

Yes, I loved justice/valor and honor/conquest currencies back in the day. Use to run with guildies back in the day to get these capped.

Also remove Titan forging and lfr. Makes gearing up inconsistent and unrewarding.

No I love RNG so much more gambling is my life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Yes. Valor points gave you deterministic rewards. It prevented you to be at the complete mercy of RNG like we are these days.

So, no matter what random drop you got or didn't get, you knew you got something for running the content. It wasn't a complete waste of time.
    Yes but the RNG on RNG on RNG keeps people playing, people love RNG!!!!1!

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Yes, I loved justice/valor and honor/conquest currencies back in the day. Use to run with guildies back in the day to get these capped.

Also remove Titan forging and lfr. Makes gearing up inconsistent and unrewarding.
    Aye they should 100% remove those so it's more like back in the day.

Valor could protect you from RNG. It was built in bad luck protection.

Deleted
    i can say for sure i miss it like i miss being able to buy gear with conquest gear. however i've always felt that pve rewards from valor points was always to slow. like how it is now with rep, the 355 gears when i hit revered/exalted is pointless for me!

It was a really good way to make running random heroic dungeons worth doing for more than about a week at level cap. I miss it for that. So much stuff feels so pointless right now outside of world quests (Which are only selectively pointless), World bosses, Mythic+ and Normal-and-above raiding. You can pretty much exhaust the "casual content" in about 2 weeks. A week if you're hardcore about it.... well, I guess you have Island expeditions :/ Yeah :/

Likewise, I also miss the big epic legendary quests from MoP and WoD (ew, I praised WoD. It doesn't deserve it.) to funnel me into LFR. LFR has kind of effectively been pointless outside of that though since the last tier of MoP. Nothing feels worth doing except the other stuff I've mentioned. Which I'm sure some people love.... but it makes me just want to only play when there's a new patch and not much else afterwards.
    Last edited by Otimus; 2018-10-08 at 02:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to use normal raid tokens to improve normal raid gear to heroic raid gear, and so on. Something like full clear = 5 ilvl, so I can farm 3 weeks and improve single item from 355 to 370. Same with heroic and mythic gear. Speed is low enough, so it won't affect gearing that much but you'll have a good reason to farm those low difficulties helping other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Crookers View Post
    Get rid of titan/warforging.

Let us buy gear with currency.

GG
    100% this!

It would also help slow down the insane speed iLVL goes up nowadays.

Along with that they need to lower the iLVL of raid finder to be on par with M+0 and get rid of normal. Mithic raids should not have an iLVL boost but something extra on the armour like gem slots and bonus stats this would give more flexibility but keep iLVL in check. This would help with the cataclysmic curve of fail that we have now with numbers going up insane amounts every xpac.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Fuck yes I do. Knowing that you could slowly progress towards something even if RNG hated you was fantastic.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I definitely preferred that system over the "yo dawg" RNG system.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Yes. Valor points gave you deterministic rewards. It prevented you to be at the complete mercy of RNG like we are these days.

So, no matter what random drop you got or didn't get, you knew you got something for running the content. It wasn't a complete waste of time.
    Sadly they'll never change it no matter how much we hate it. Because to them it don't matter if we have fun if we dont get what we want then we put more hours into the game and it looks better to their investors and marketers and all the people that couldn't care less about weathers its fun or not. Hours=money money=everything

Valor points should have never been removed, it gave way more incentive to be running content even when you didn't need the gear from bosses anymore. Its a great reward for participating and working your way to a piece of gear that you badly want to see upgraded. Titanforging/Warforging is a cancer in comparison where its solely up to praying to RNGesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Valor points should have never been removed, it gave way more incentive to be running content even when you didn't need the gear from bosses anymore. Its a great reward for participating and working your way to a piece of gear that you badly want to see upgraded. Titanforging/Warforging is a cancer in comparison where its solely up to praying to RNGesus.
    This, and many replys above.

RNG is a s**t show, and its the reason that the gear system is all messed up. It never stops to amaze me, how fast HC dungeons get obsolete, its like they dont even exist.

Bad luck protection systems are important. Currently the closest we have is bonus rolls which are RNG based.
    "These are Allied Races, these aren't Sub-Races. There's no direct associated Race or "Parent Race" or anything like that" -Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A

No, because I don't play WoW anymore, I play FFXIV, where a similar token system exists.

So I don't miss it, because I play a game that still has it.

But I *would* miss it if I were still playing WoW, I think it's a better system overall.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    enlighten us why. i would like to know.
    If I remember correctly, it was mostly about valor points "forcing" people to run content they didn't want to. And there was always complaining about how much you got from different activities, specifically which way was the most efficient. Blizz had a really hard time balancing that across the content, and people complained endlessly about it. Plus, there is way more content now than there was back then.

All that being said, the game now has a much different landscape compared to back then. So, maybe a system similar to Valor could easily be introduced into existing systems. At least something that takes the good parts of that system (i.e. being able to choose your gear without needing to be in RNG hell).

Quote Originally Posted by Crookers View Post
    Get rid of titan/warforging.

Let us buy gear with currency.

GG
    or give us war and titan forging token

looting item would be like a base ilvl

you buy war token to up his ilvl by let say 5 ilvl for 2-3 three time and after it, you have to buy titan token to make it more higher with a cap + ilvl

suddenly you will goal in the game, imagine having to up all of your item and the MMO the game is suppose to be will be back to be a MMO, a game where you are suppose to grind for your stuff with goal in mind

but oh no wait, blizzard will never do it because they dont want to for any reason mysterious reasons;p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    If I remember correctly, it was mostly about valor points "forcing" people to run content they didn't want to. And there was always complaining about how much you got from different activities, specifically which way was the most efficient. Blizz had a really hard time balancing that across the content, and people complained endlessly about it. Plus, there is way more content now than there was back then.

All that being said, the game now has a much different landscape compared to back then. So, maybe a system similar to Valor could easily be introduced into existing systems. At least something that takes the good parts of that system (i.e. being able to choose your gear without needing to be in RNG hell).
    I can believe that. Why would people complain about valor points i have no idea...but i can believe that.

I remember was people complaining about "welfare epics"

Deleted
    It worked perfectly. Idk why Blizz has a tendency to completely ruin things that work every couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Akumasama View Post
    It was simplistic, but it was nice and "predictable" in a good way, allowed you to make plans and the amount of effort/work required were good even for semicasual players, and it was alt-friendly as well.
    This. Predictability and being able to plan your playing time.

Now it's ten different layers of RNG with players having zero control over anything. You can't plan anything, and skill means nothing; all you can do is ro play more, more, more, and hope you get lucky.