Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I thought you did a study on the game "The Longest Journey". I tried to read your OP but I don't understand what this is about at all.. whatever it is, it's not The Longest Journey.

What constitutes a tlj critic in this study? Cause I thought it was a better film than The Force Awakens and it actually entertained me while watching it with only a couple scenes bringing me out of the film. After we left the theater we were able to come up with a lot of flaws and dumb shit in the film tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfram View Post
    My completely un-biased statistical study reveals beyond any doubt that TLJ's apologists are all fanatical idiots and pathological liars who are willing to go to any lengths to make shit up to support their narrative.

/s
    You know, I read that study. And I have to say I agree with it.

no /s used

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    What constitutes a tlj critic in this study? Cause I thought it was a better film than The Force Awakens and it actually entertained me while watching it with only a couple scenes bringing me out of the film. After we left the theater we were able to come up with a lot of flaws and dumb shit in the film tho.
    1000 random tweets at Rian Johnson on Twitter.

Not even joking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still talking about The Last Jedi? Here we go ....

I believe that TLJ can be used as a litmus test for someones movie opinions. The movie was shit

If you fall into the "it was a beautiful work of art" then you failed.
    If you fall into the "it was some feminist SJW propaganda" then you also failed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Extremely left wing and I hated TLJ because it ruins Luke's character, has plot holes so big a Death Star couldn't plug them, and further shits on EU canon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Still talking about The Last Jedi? Here we go ....

I believe that TLJ can be used as a litmus test for someones movie opinions. The movie was shit

If you fall into the "it was a beautiful work of art" then you failed.
    If you fall into the "it was some feminist SJW propaganda" then you also failed.
    Pretty much this.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Do the things you type actually make sense inside your head? It must be like viewing the world through those crazy fun house mirrors.

It's like if you ran a bakery and decided to replace all sugar in your pink icing with salt, then had terrible sales. Your conclusion is that people are too misogynist to buy cupcakes with pink icing. It obviously has nothing to do with the fact that your pink icing tastes like shit.
    But what is insane in this ? That's actually the plot of Rogue Squadron novels

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

They use acronyms because that's a lot of characters. Also OP has had several multi-page threads on this movie, so it's not unreasonable to expect people to recognise the abbreviation. Those not invested enough to be involved in such discussions are unlikely to care about this one.
    Just say 'Last Jedi'. There is literally no defending the use of "TLJ" in this context because there's no way anyone clicking the thread title would know what it was supposed to stand for. This isn't a Star Wars fan forum where the abbreviation will be recognizable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    But what is insane in this ? That's actually the plot of Rogue Squadron novels
    We.... dont.... care.... Your movie... was... still... shit...

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    So the here is Disney's process of denial. First they attack fans with valid reasons for not liking the film. Then Solo is a flop. Then finally they blame Russians... Seriously?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    I tried to get through this movie 3 times when I rented it, I couldn't do it. Still haven't finished it, have no intention of doing so.
    It's dispicable. I lost count of how many times I watched episode 7, but this... I can't stand it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Extremely left wing and I hated TLJ because it ruins Luke's character, has plot holes so big a Death Star couldn't plug them, and further shits on EU canon.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much this.
    Not to mention the feminist agenda..

Quote Originally Posted by tobokke View Post
    So the here is Disney's process of denial. First they attack fans with valid reasons for not liking the film. Then Solo is a flop. Then finally they blame Russians... Seriously?

- - - Updated - - -

It's dispicable. I lost count of how many times I watched episode 7, but this... I can't stand it!
    You mean unlike the '' RATIONAL UND LUGIKAL'' fans who cry like little girls that the movie is ''bad'' because the space Nazis are incompetent bufoons.

who cry like little girls
    For someone who claims to despise men and what they stand for, you certainly are poisoned with their masculinity.

sarahtasher, you are a traitor to women! SHAME ON YOU!

They kill 2 birds with one stone: demonstrate their "wokeness" and use someone else as a scapegoat for making a trash movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who the fuck cares that a woman was in command of the fleet or is the protagonist of the trilogy? You can have a laundry list of issues with the film without squealing about "FEMINISTS!!!!!1111one" and "esjaydubz". You're literally the reason rational people can't critique this movie without getting lumped in with whiny fucking incels.

What I would have done was either focus the story on Rey and not have her be force sensitive(Fin would have been) OR focus the story on Fin and had Rey be the force user as a supporting character. I think by giving so much attention to Rey and making her legit god tier with the force affinity they Mary Sue'd her instead of a deeper character who would slowly grow and learn like Luke.

Yeah, it's true that Star Wars IV to VI clearly shown how white British sounding males are so much better at commanding giant ships.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's true that Star Wars IV to VI clearly shown how white British sounding males are so much better at commanding giant ships.
    so this is how you excuse your harpy screed trying to defend a shit movie that folks from the left and right hated?

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    so this is how you excuse your harpy screed trying to defend a shit movie that folks from the left and right hated?
    That, Star Wars is not citizen kane ? But you might notice that the usual suspects are mentally incapable of shutting up and not start screaming ''feminist agenda''. Normal people, when they don't like a movie, don't star making conspiracy theories about ''Jews and kultural marxism'' ruining it on purpose because they did not liked it. I hated Prometheus, it never crossed my mind to scream and sob online about how my life was ruined.

10+ Year Old Account
    That, Star Wars is not citizen kane ? But you might notice that the usual suspects are mentally incapable of shutting up and not start screaming ''feminist agenda''. Normal people, when they don't like a movie, don't star making conspiracy theories about ''Jews and kultural marxism'' ruining it on purpose because they did not liked it. I hated Prometheus, it never crossed my mind to scream and sob online about how my life was ruined.
    Yeah, and I hate that I have to be associated with alt-right fucktards because I don't like the films. My childhood was already wrecked by Lucas with the prequels.