Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Yeah, leveling isn't beyond fixing, but storywise it's completely f*cked up.
    It's even funnier that moments before, the Warchief(Sylvannas) told me to go out there and serve the Horde. Then I arrive in Silverpine and my Mag'Har is like "Warchief? What are you do-" *Warchief Garrosh arrives and has an argument with Sylvannas*
    My Mag'Har: "I am so confused right now..."

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    It's even funnier that moments before, the Warchief(Sylvannas) told me to go out there and serve the Horde. Then I arrive in Silverpine and my Mag'Har is like "Warchief? What are you do-" *Warchief Garrosh arrives and has an argument with Sylvannas*
    My Mag'Har: "I am so confused right now..."
    Yeah, it's really a mess. The allied races starting with questlines that happened before they were even recruited is one issue. The fact that leveling up you encounter three different warchiefs... is completely messed up. Creating an allied race toon you will:

- Start with Warchief Sylvanas
    - Only to discover Garrosh is Warchief
    - Only to see Vol'jin instead after the Rebellion and the whole WoD-xtravaganza
    - To finally go back to the beginning with Sylvanas as a warchief

This whole sh*tshow has to be fixed. And to be fair it wouldn't be too complicated to do...

Go for an expansion after BfA focused on the return of the Black Empire which has invaded Azeroth after our defeat to control the Old Gods threat. Level 120 characters rediscover the World of Azeroth, drastically changed by this attack, all zones are massively revamped and offer a lot of max level gameplay to players.

New players start in one of the pockets of resistance / survivors. An emissary of the dragonflight explains to them what happened in the last few years, by chronological order, and that in order for them to help with the current state of Azeroth, they must understand its past better. Just create some portals inside the Caverns of Time taking you to Cataclysm Azeroth, Outland, Northrend, Pandaria and Kul Tiras. Making all of them optional so you experience these "past" adventures in the order you choose. Thanks to these, you can level up to level 120.

As for any expansion happening after the one following BfA, it would only follow the chronological order so it wouldn't be a problem. If Blizzard really wanted to do it well, they could even make "some" of the revamped Azeroth zones accessible from level 1 to 120. That way, if some people want to experience the current content straight away, they can, only accessing smaller threats at first and bigger ones afterwards. The old content remains available, nothing is deleted, everyone is happy, there are tons of high level content, the end.

- Start with Warchief Sylvanas
    - Only to discover Garrosh is Warchief
    - Only to see Vol'jin instead after the Rebellion and the whole WoD-xtravaganza
    - To finally go back to the beginning with Sylvanas as a warchief
    The whole cata revamp is where all this mess started. It was probably the biggest mistake they've done and it went downhill from there because people didn't mind the cata -> tbc -> wotlk -> cata mess that much and they've just decided to continue with that mess.

But on the main topic, 8.1 is so far from being finished. Theres only one half-assed assault on PTR and its full of bugs. I hope it will atleast come out before 2019.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2018-10-07 at 03:00 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    I know people like to meme on horses, but this one looks awesome. It's a shame the zandalari mount is yet another direhorn re-color (and not a particularly interesting one either).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I know people like to meme on horses, but this one looks awesome. It's a shame the zandalari mount is yet another direhorn re-color (and not a particularly interesting one either).
    That is kinda why I am using the Gilded Ravasaur with my Zandalari Troll and something else too..
    Want to keep it a secret as well...
    Last edited by rcshaggy; 2018-10-07 at 05:37 PM.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    I want that horse =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    There is no way it's coming out in 2018. Look at the state of it. It wasn't even functional for 2 weeks when the PTR first launched.

Rushed again.
    The ptr is not going to be up for over 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I guess I forgot there isn't much in 8.1 besides a time-gated raid, time-gated allied races and copy-pasted Legion Invasions.
    why are you still here then? i guess i dont see the appeal in just being an asshole on the forums. is it fun?

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    why are you still here then? i guess i dont see the appeal in just being an asshole on the forums. is it fun?
    Of course it is. Just ignore him if you want to "win" in some way against him. He lives off replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    The whole cata revamp is where all this mess started. It was probably the biggest mistake they've done and it went downhill from there because people didn't mind the cata -> tbc -> wotlk -> cata mess that much and they've just decided to continue with that mess.

But on the main topic, 8.1 is so far from being finished. Theres only one half-assed assault on PTR and its full of bugs. I hope it will atleast come out before 2019.
    Definitely. Had the revamped not been linked to cataclysm events, everything would be fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I want that horse =/
    I want it too. Fight me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    While ideally the revamp should focus on using storylines that define the races/areas instead of recent events like Cata did, it is inevitable that at some point in the future there will be contradictions. For one thing, Allied Races are recruited as current events and so they'll have to timetravel to the past to level just one expansion after. Any single change in major NPCs will be a mess. I mean after BfA and when the faction war ends, the entire narrative of the Allied Races will make no sense anyhow.

But of course it can at least be less jarring.
    I posted a message previously explaining how it could be fixed. One big storyline with the bronze dragonflight for your 1 to 120 leveling, you pick any expansions you want to play, knowing it's all "in the past" because an NPC explained it to you and voilà!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    For one thing, Allied Races are recruited as current events and so they'll have to timetravel to the past to level just one expansion after.
    They even contradict the expansion they were introduced in, as they can and will replay story elements that led to their recruitment in the first place.
    I guess Nightborne being Exalted already with the Nightfallen is one exception, although I guess level 110 Nightborne can still do the Suramar quests.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do hope this is the Blood Elf Heritage armor...

also do you think the Kul-Tiran Humans will have the same skin for the Twilight Cultists/Black Empire Loyalists?
    For the Horde!

Definitely. Had the revamped not been linked to cataclysm events, everything would be fine now.
    No, they should have never revamped it all. It was a waste of resources.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    No, they should have never revamped it all. It was a waste of resources.
    The leveling experience was completely outdated, and it would have made the whole old world irrelevant in the current storyline (meaning that we could have never gone back to the old world for random quests because of how outdated it was). Making it flyable kind of fixed this. The problem wasn't the revamp, it was the fact that this revamp didn't offer any high level content AND that it was dependant on Cataclysm events.

The leveling experience was completely outdated, and it would have made the whole old world irrelevant in the current storyline (meaning that we could have never gone back to the old world for random quests because of how outdated it was). Making it flyable kind of fixed this. The problem wasn't the revamp, it was the fact that this revamp didn't offer any high level content AND that it was dependant on Cataclysm events.
    The revamp was a complete and utter failure. It destroyed leveling experience and created a completely disjointed story. Which blizz employee thought it was a good idea to put important cata story events into 1-60 instead of 70+? Smh. I hope they never start doing revamp expansion because they will fuck it up again.

All I need from them is option to skip TBC/WotLK, because that stuff is ancient by now.

But on the important topic: Yay for testing tonight!
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2018-10-08 at 08:10 AM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    multithreading or something for Dx12 users. Yays
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    multithreading or something for Dx12 users. Yays
    I'm pretty excited for that.

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    also do you think the Kul-Tiran Humans will have the same skin for the Twilight Cultists/Black Empire Loyalists?
    doubt it
    /10 chars