Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Anything Activision touches is cancer, just like the head of A$$tivision. He is a plague on the gaming industry as a whole, or have people forgot what Bobby said about making games?
    Last edited by Roar-Powah; 2018-10-08 at 02:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    Anything Activision touches is cancer, just like the head of A$$tivision. He is a plague on the gaming industry as a whole, or have people forgot what Bobby said about gamers?
    There is some irony there, because he started out as a gamer, but found a way to build a career out of it.

He had tried to get control of commodore in the late 80's, with the intent to turn the amiga into a console platform. given how commode-door ended up, that could only have been an improvement. shortly after he got control of Activision, and the rest is history.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    If that's what's happening then it seems to be for the better. Legion and BfA are both great expansions on par with WotLK. I just want to see more of that direction in the game.
    BfA, so far, does not compare to Legion. It's not even close. Sure, the art design and quests are good, but a lot is lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    There is some irony there, because he started out as a gamer, but found a way to build a career out of it.

He had tried to get control of commodore in the late 80's, with the intent to turn the amiga into a console platform. given how commode-door ended up, that could only have been an improvement. shortly after he got control of Activision, and the rest is history.
    Sorry what i posted wasn't 100% accurate, he said that "he wanted to take the fun out of making video games". It's no wonder why Blizzard are in this state, they use to make games of passion, but now it's games of MAUs.

Anything Activision touches is cancer, just like the head of A$$tivision. He is a plague on the gaming industry as a whole, or have people forgot what Bobby said about making games?
    Unless you're an investor.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

If that's what's happening then it seems to be for the better. Legion and BfA are both great expansions on par with WotLK. I just want to see more of that direction in the game.
    You and the about 500k people who still actively play this game. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    and yeah, you can see the influence of activision everywhere. the timegating, the blatant care for only MAU's, the QA of bfa being atrocious.
    Couldn't agree more. Minimum resources in QA and all effort spent on how to keep people subbed with pointless content.

Deleted
    What always amazed me is that people blame Activision for everything, while it's often Blizzard that is responsible.

I guess Blizzard can do no wrong in the eyes of some?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry what i posted wasn't 100% accurate, he said that "he wanted to take the fun out of making video games". It's no wonder why Blizzard are in this state, they use to make games of passion, but now it's games of MAUs.
    right, and for some gamer with discerning taste, I fully agree he is the darth vader of video games. I think the McDonalds analogy illustrates the issue well - if you want a quality burger with quality beef, this is not the place for you, but it makes more money than any other burger chain (except BK maybe but same deal there). Who laughs loudest at the bank?

He has also managed to turn his own interest in games and computer science into a multi-billion dollar career.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2018-10-08 at 02:35 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Deleted
    you must be joking right?you obviously havent played before legion. those 2 expansions and draenor are absolute trash. well bfa is just a pathetic patch not even an expansion. wow fans are reallu sheeps.im playing since vanilla and its going downhill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Unless you're an investor.
    lol folks have billions of gold more than kotick has dollars osmeric. lol at rl money.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Who the hell is this guy lol?
    We see absolutely zero evidence of a "takeover"
    MM retires and/or steps down and is replaced by a fellow Blizzard dev. Twist that one around, I'm listening.
    Co-founder and President of Blizzard nerf. He created the Diablo franchise.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    I love people like you who just talk with out having any clue and refuse to read 10 posts in or research a topic.
    I love you, too I've read enough to see that the op is very misleading.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You call yourself a Blizzard "fan" and you don't even know who David Brevik is? I know this is my inner fanboyism speaking here but anybody who didn't grow up on Blizzard games of the 90s and early 2000s has absolutely no frame of reference when people speak about the Blizzard of the ole' days and Activision-Blizzard, which is a monstrosity on-par with EA (and we all know how much EA truly cares about their players where they're willing to spend millions of dollars in Belgium to keep "legal" gambling, well, legal in FIFA and other games; Blizzard isn't that far behind with the loot box garbage system implemented in OW).

David Brevik offered some of the best criticisms of D3 Vanilla where Jay Wilson (the game's original director) aptly responded with "Fuck that loser." That's probably where most people know him from.

When most gamers spend time defending MTx on sites like Polygon upon the weak and utterly nonsensical point that "developers need money too" (yeah, like the money made from those games is going to a game developer making $150k/ yr -- if lucky), it's no surprise their ignorant asses wouldn't know who Brevik is.

This entire announcement of Morhaime stepping down is shady because there was no context for it. Blizzard has been doing great and there was no reason for the management shuffle. It seems like a power coup where Activision wants more control in Blizzard and inner power struggles within tightly-guarded corporation PR is often an indicative sign that something is going on in the background. Morhaime hasn't retired nor did he plan to: so why did he give up his power? You don't give up what you've worked so hard to obtain, especially when it comes to power. Something is going on and it wouldn't surprise me if the practices of loot boxes and shady MTx that Activision stands for will be in all Blizzard games at the same levels of rapacity and shamelessness.

Quote Originally Posted by lollermittens View Post
    You call yourself a Blizzard "fan" and you don't even know who David Brevik is? I know this is my inner fanboyism speaking here but anybody who didn't grow up on Blizzard games of the 90s and early 2000s has absolutely no frame of reference when people speak about the Blizzard of the ole' days and Activision-Blizzard, which is a monstrosity on-par with EA (and we all know how much EA truly cares about their players where they're willing to spend millions of dollars in Belgium to keep "legal" gambling, well, legal in FIFA and other games; Blizzard isn't that far behind with the loot box garbage system implemented in OW).

David Brevik offered some of the best criticisms of D3 Vanilla where Jay Wilson (the game's original director) aptly responded with "Fuck that loser." That's probably where most people know him from.

When most gamers spend time defending MTx on sites like Polygon upon the weak and utterly nonsensical point that "developers need money too" (yeah, like the money made from those games is going to a game developer making $150k/ yr -- if lucky), it's no surprise their ignorant asses wouldn't know who Brevik is.

This entire announcement of Morhaime stepping down is shady because there was no context for it. Blizzard has been doing great and there was no reason for the management shuffle. It seems like a power coup where Activision wants more control in Blizzard and inner power struggles within tightly-guarded corporation PR is often an indicative sign that something is going on in the background. Morhaime hasn't retired nor did he plan to: so why did he give up his power? You don't give up what you've worked so hard to obtain, especially when it comes to power. Something is going on and it wouldn't surprise me if the practices of loot boxes and shady MTx that Activision stands for will be in all Blizzard games at the same levels of rapacity and shamelessness.
    Well, serving as an advisor pretty much mean retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by lollermittens View Post

Is this a new copy pasta? I'm out of the loop.

this happened at the very moment of that "merge". nothing new to see here folks

Say what you will about David Brevik, but he has a helluva lot more insight than anyone in this thread does about Blizzard and the direction they've headed as a company. If he thinks its something we should be worried about, then we should be worried. 'Nuff said.

Oh hey, a necro!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    Oh hey, a necro!
    Thread is two days old; not a necro. Posting just to call it a necro is spam by the way.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."