Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My 361 druid got a 355 from the emissary, and then my 352 hunter ... also got a 355. From everything I've read, there seems to be no consistency to what ilvl the cache awards you, given your current gear.

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Except this is supposed to help people who have had bad luck. I heroic raid and do M+ but am only 367. I have all 370 Azerite's so no big deal, my bad luck is still stuck with 350 2 hander. This fix is not a fix.

Once again I am not angry since I have 370s on main and alt spec. But does seem silly a 367 can't get a 370 chest
    I don't disagree. It's counter intuitive to have the emissary cache/WQ system scale up rewards for your ilvl+X up until it doesn't. ilvl 370 cache reward bracket should probably start at 365.

Bitch long enough and eventualy you get your free effortless gear. Dumb af.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneeBH View Post
    I'm convinced the mmochampion community will never be happy with anything that blizz does anymore. Literally any decision they make gets trashed by this community, people crying over scaling cause they don't meet the requirements for it. Why should someone that's 365 get a FREE 370 piece with 0 challenge? - if you want 370s and you're not 370, go do difficult content and get it - this was intended to fill the gap of people who are semi-high but are looking to drop those 340/355s that are pulling them down, not miraculously boost people up out of nowhere. Imagine they started giving 370s out to everyone? Everyone would cry about casuals getting good pieces then. Be happy they're trying to fix the problem and there are steps being taken (immediate steps, hotfixed in on off-days) to try to improve the system.
    The issue is that you only have very limited chances to actually get a 370 item for that slot. That's why they made this fix to begin with. You have like 2 drop chances+bonus rolls a week from HC Uldir, maybe more from Mythic if your Azerite pieces there are not locked behind bosses your guild cannot down yet. Aside from that, you have the weekly M+ chest. That's it.

365 with 3 low level Azerite pieces is semi high geared. Those are people already raiding Heroic (or doing high M+), i.e. doing the content that rewards 370 items. It's not an itemlevel that you reach just with LFR, Warfronts and Worldquests. It is specifically the demographic that this patch should be for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Azerite "Fix" which they can't even get right.

Why reward 370+ with 370 gear they PROBABLY don't need?
    simple answer it's not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneeBH View Post
    I'm convinced the mmochampion community will never be happy with anything that blizz does anymore. Literally any decision they make gets trashed by this community, people crying over scaling cause they don't meet the requirements for it. Why should someone that's 365 get a FREE 370 piece with 0 challenge? - if you want 370s and you're not 370, go do difficult content and get it - this was intended to fill the gap of people who are semi-high but are looking to drop those 340/355s that are pulling them down, not miraculously boost people up out of nowhere. Imagine they started giving 370s out to everyone? Everyone would cry about casuals getting good pieces then. Be happy they're trying to fix the problem and there are steps being taken (immediate steps, hotfixed in on off-days) to try to improve the system.
    maybe because in 7 hours people in EU will have a shot to get up to 2 free 370 pieces from world boss ?

so what is the fucking point of limiting them from emmisaries just for raiders .

Itemlevel 369.1, getting 370 azerite item from emissary right now (EU).

EU 366, and got a 340 as reward -.-

Nvm read the blue post now, it's live.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2018-10-08 at 11:00 PM.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    368.8 -> 355 gear. Which is funny because the only reason my ilvl isnt higher is because I've yet to get an azerite piece drop in any slot above 340.

i had an emissary that the reward was an ilvl 340 azerite piece.... when i turn in the quest it gave me a ilvl 295 blue azerite instead.... so azerite doesnt titanforge but goes backwards in ilvl..... GG

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    The only thing that’s “dumb af” is your reply. I don’t even need to explain why honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    Gear reward scaling is shit currently. It maxes out too low. This game does not take real effort, just time committment. If you think you are working hard for gear these days, then I don't know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    The issue is that you only have very limited chances to actually get a 370 item for that slot. That's why they made this fix to begin with. You have like 2 drop chances+bonus rolls a week from HC Uldir, maybe more from Mythic if your Azerite pieces there are not locked behind bosses your guild cannot down yet. Aside from that, you have the weekly M+ chest. That's it.

365 with 3 low level Azerite pieces is semi high geared. Those are people already raiding Heroic (or doing high M+), i.e. doing the content that rewards 370 items. It's not an itemlevel that you reach just with LFR, Warfronts and Worldquests. It is specifically the demographic that this patch should be for.
    So you get a 365 piece instead, or a 360 piece even, going froma 340 to a 360 piece is still a large upgrade. then the ilvl your at will also raise with this...

Free loot isnt the aim of this, more accessible azerite gear is.

- - - Updated - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by gnomemonster View Post
    Gear reward scaling is shit currently. It maxes out too low. This game does not take real effort, just time committment. If you think you are working hard for gear these days, then I don't know what to say.
    true to a point, however high keys (9+) are difficult if you dont have a very geared group that knows the score.

Also boss 3 onwards in uldir is difficult on mythic.(first is easy af and the second is cheeseable)

This has always kind of been the game tho, at least since wod tho. maybe evenn earlier. There was something that was always farmable and with legion and bfa i feel they actually made gearing easier than ever before but people always got something to bitch about

That is not saying azerite gear isnt a problem but its an easy fix if they would let them have a CHANCE to drop from the end of m+ cache's there would be no issue. but blizz logic what can you do

Quote Originally Posted by Demonpuke View Post
    if you are using bis 340 over non-bis 370, then you are doing it wrong. the passive boost from static primary stat increases will beat any azerite trait on live servers today. its so hard not to insult people like this when they spew this type of misinformation all over the place.
    you don't even understand how PvP scaling works do you? not to mention being able to use all traits on a 340 when you can only use 2 (useless) on a 370. if you dont understand shit about the game, how it works, or even how to play it, don't bother coming here trying to coment like you're a smart person, just makes you look like a spoiled animal
    edit: also its obvious you didnt watch AWC, but hey: defensive traits are needed must to survive some high-rating go. having a strong defensive trait can be the difference between winning and losing, and those crap pve-heal-while-out-of-combat are a no-no
    Last edited by Nuba; 2018-10-09 at 02:43 AM.

Have two ilvl 370 and got 355 gear
    Last edited by mrkhaglund; 2018-10-09 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gnomemonster View Post
    If you think you are working hard for gear these days, then I don't know what to say.
    "You think you do, but you don't"

Quote Originally Posted by Jinzuru View Post
    "You think you do, but you don't"
    The person you were replying to with that quote.. he was not wrong. Gear is easy as hell to obtain these days. People bitching for even easier gear just proves that they actually are impossible to please. YOU are impossible to please

Quote Originally Posted by Sixy View Post
    The person you were replying to with that quote.. he was not wrong. Gear is easy as hell to obtain these days. People bitching for even easier gear just proves that they actually are impossible to please. YOU are impossible to please
    In that reply I actually agree with that person. Oh, I am quite possible to please. But it will take effort and $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Azerite "Fix" which they can't even get right.

Why reward 370+ with 370 gear they PROBABLY don't need?
    If you're gearing from M+, you can reach that itemlevel... but will only get one chance at azerite gear per week. So it is quite possible that those slots will be the ones pulling your iLvl down.