Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by osmo View Post
    ill ask the elite question...

can you get 385azerite gear out of cache's or is it capped to 370max

because i already got very lucky on the weekly chests
    capped at 370 max

Quote Originally Posted by groparu View Post
    From my experience, if you have atleast 1 azerite that is lvl 385, the cache will contain ilvl 370, I tested this last night on EU, me and a friend had 385 helms and 355 shoulders/chest, i was 368 overall ilvl he was 372, we both got 370 ilvl azerite cache. 3 other friends had overall between 369 and 373 ilvl but had no azerite item above lvl 370 so their cache had a 355 piece.

So it seems overall ilvl didnt matter for us, only thing that mattered was having a 385 azerite piece to get a 370 from cache.
    By chance, have you ever deleted any piece with a higher ilvl than currently equipped ? Blizzard stated that the system counts all the items you ever had, even removed.

So maybe you had looted one shitty 385+ and decided to scrap it, but it still counts towards the Emissary chest ilvl

Deleted
    I really find it funny:

People have been complaining about wearing all heroic raid gear (370) but only the azerite items pull them down. Fix for that was to implement a scaling emissary. Now everyone below 370 is complaining that it does not push their ilvl... Really odd, right?

This is not meant as a free ilvl handout. It's meant as a catchup mechanic for those that already have full heroic/mythic gear but were not lucky on their azerite raid or m+ weekly drops.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    So meaningless shitshow since people who are 370 already dont need it since they have raid on farm.
    82 raid bosses across multiple difficulties, NOT. A. SINGLE. AZERITE. PIECE. DROPPED. disagrees with you.

Not sure why ppl want to get 370 from EMISSARIES, which even the biggest scrub can do. Some of my alts who never did raid, or m+ higher than 4, are near 360 ilvl, and according to this thread, or reddit, or any place with wow players, such a character should automatically get 370? For doing 4 wqs? Really? I know WoW community is entitled as hell, but...

The only thing actually wrong with this hotfix at the moment is the fact that there's simply no logic whatsoever as to what ilvl you're gonna get. Ppl with higher ilvl get lower pieces than people with lower ilvl who get higher pieces. And that's obviously wrong as fuck. But the fact that 350ilvl ppl don't get 370 azerite from emissary? That's working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Not sure why ppl want to get 370 from EMISSARIES, which even the biggest scrub can do.
    Nobody wants that.
    People want to have more solutions to get 370s Azerite, beyond the once-per-week-per-boss in Uldir and this ridiculous once-per-week-at-all in M+ Chest.

And Blizzard specifically hotfixed the EMISSARIES, among the billions of relevant solutions, to be this provider. And the hotfix is wonky, with tons of hidden rules (all gear ever looted even removed, trinkets and rings counting twice).

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    I really find it funny:

People have been complaining about wearing all heroic raid gear (370) but only the azerite items pull them down. Fix for that was to implement a scaling emissary. Now everyone below 370 is complaining that it does not push their ilvl... Really odd, right?

This is not meant as a free ilvl handout. It's meant as a catchup mechanic for those that already have full heroic/mythic gear but were not lucky on their azerite raid or m+ weekly drops.
    I kinda disagree. People have been complaining about too limited sources of azerite gear after 340, and offered tons of more useful solutions. Fix was implemented in emissary scaling with wording that everyone can do WQs, so it is in fact a free ilvl handout like every other emissary chest/WQ. Full heroic (370) gear with 340 azerite pieces should make average ilvl around 364-365, not 370+.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinzuru View Post
    I kinda disagree. People have been complaining about too limited sources of azerite gear after 340, and offered tons of more useful solutions. Fix was implemented in emissary scaling with wording that everyone can do WQs, so it is in fact a free ilvl handout like every other emissary chest/WQ. Full heroic (370) gear with 340 azerite pieces should make average ilvl around 364-365, not 370+.
    Well, every other emissary chest / WQ had a cap at 340 / 330, so no, it's not like that. So I would say only if your overall ilvl except azerite items is at 355 or above, then you should get a 355 azerite. If your overall ilvl except azerite items is at 370 or above, you should get a 370 azerite.

This then at least requires you to be extremely lucky while doing only WQs and non-raid/m+ content to get that 370. Let those that play high content at least keep their mini benefit. It's borderline not worth spending that time as it is...

I don't think this is a ''fix''. They're just scaling the same reward with higher ilvl as the expansion progress. This only means more gear, the real problem is the RNG with the Azerite and bad(almost useless) traits.

346 yielded 340. Cutoff seems to be 350.

Battle For Sidegrades

I am ilvl 360 and getting 355 caches from Emissary.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Well, every other emissary chest / WQ had a cap at 340 / 330, so no, it's not like that. So I would say only if your overall ilvl except azerite items is at 355 or above, then you should get a 355 azerite. If your overall ilvl except azerite items is at 370 or above, you should get a 370 azerite.

This then at least requires you to be extremely lucky while doing only WQs and non-raid/m+ content to get that 370. Let those that play high content at least keep their mini benefit. It's borderline not worth spending that time as it is...
    Here's a quote for this:

"Im 367 and still have a 355 piece showing for the azerite emissary, and im pretty sure the azerite gear is only at certain ilvls (325,340,355,370,385). Whats worse is that i have 2 370 azerite pieces and one 355 so its still pretty useless, they only people ive seen get the 370 to pop up in my guild are the people who are 370+ and probably dont need it. SO yes, it still is a pretty useless system if this is the intended design."

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It is based on your lowest piece, not on your ilvl. My warlock alt with 359 ilvl shows a 340 Azerite cache (shoulders are still 340)
    Incorrect. I have 4 ilvl 340 pieces and got a 355 Azerite piece. I am ilvl 357 equipped (362 in bags).

they got the system half right... multiple high azerite pieces should not mean that you need additional high azerite pieces via emissary. But having overall high ilvl (with azerite not even counted) should provide higher azerite gear.

You ask why? Because it is meant to solve a problem of low drop rate azerite gear of the difficulty you are currently running... having all other gear except azerite checked for that makes sense.

The other half of checking also azerite slots specifically does not take into account the luck factor of getting 3 pieces in 3 different slots or getting 0 in 3 slots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    346 yielded 340. Cutoff seems to be 350.

Battle For Sidegrades
    346 yielded 355. Cutoff doesnt seem to be 350... (also that char never entered uldir, even lfr)
    344 got 340. 368 got 370, with lowest ilvl piece being 355. So its not that either. Also didnt kill single mythic boss... so not that either.

Wish people would stop assuming stuff that has been debunked long ago.

Every damn time when blizz introduce new system no1, no1 from blizz says how it works. It's to hard for them to write simple information?

358 got a 355. replaced my 340 head so It worked out for me.

The change is now Live in EU. Just got a 370 Helm from Emissary, it’s the Vol’dun Emissary I saved up 3 days ago and I got lucky this change was implemented before it expires.

My character is 368 Ilvl, with 355 Azerite Helm (Not equipped).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Thats great!

although I have 370 / 370 / 355 and still got 355 from emissary, so woo? Guess I wont get the 370 option til my 355 is a 370. which feels...odd
    You propably didn't get the reason behind this change. Blizz doesn't want it as a tool for gearing alts, but they made it for people who are already 370+, but because azerite gear is rare you couldn't really target for traits, now you have at least a random chance to get azerite gear with better trait.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am 356 and my Emissary Cache is 355.

I would guess the cutoff is somewhere between 355-370 in order to start getting 370 Emissary Caches.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    If it's based on your lowest piece, that would be the most unsatisfying thing ever.
    With the way Gear scaling works, that would actually be in line with the way the system should work. take for instance WQs they scale to your current gear lvls up to 325. So if all your gear is 370/340/355/385/310( far stretch i know) then it would make sense for the emissary to drop a 325 and then the next drop would be on par to the 340 then 355 and so forth. At least that is a logical progression, but this is a mmo and a Blizz one at that so not too sure logic would fit in here.

I mean really think bout it, if all Emissary chests dropped nothing but 370s you would make Heroics and Mythics and even Normal/LFR raiding OBSOLETE. So this is the way it should be designed(my opinion). Also if that 370 drops you are going to need at least APlvl 25 or higher so even if it did drop a 370 AP gear you could not make use of it until you did your AP grind. And if it is just non-AP gear, again they would Heroics and Mythics and even Normal/LFR raiding OBSOLETE.

I already had the notion that the emissary drop would be based on your lowest piece, but I am sure I ma in a minority crowd here. I actually prefer that it would upgrade your lowest piece to the next tier and not a direct 370 piece but again I am sure I am in the .00000000000000000999999999% minority here