Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Remember when GMs were a part of the WoW community ?

I remember back when GMs were fast to respond to tickets. Most issues could be resolved within a day.

When they would spend 15+ minutes talking to you about anything even if the ticket was only pertaining to something simple like being stuck. They would spent 10 minutes telling you back to back GM jokes!

When GMs were kind and spent time with all of their responses.

When GMs would drop in on your in game and actually interact with the community.

Now we have 24 hour+ ticket wait times that almost always results in a poorly constructed partially being copy and pasted response that usually takes 2-3 more tickets before something is actually done about it.

Now we have automated systems that auto punish players for large gold trades (for "exploitation of economy") or getting enough reports (silencing) or even using a VPN (for "account sharing").

Now GMs have absolutely no interaction with the in game community. They rarely even exist outside of billing support. Everything is automated and/or copy pasted.

Explain why the increase in profits over the years at Blizzard HQ is leading to a decrease in customer service. Not only is there a growing disconnect between the developers and the community managers, but it's even being seen in the actual customer support.
    Last edited by mmoce81e69ea37; 2018-10-09 at 03:29 PM.

I think sometime around the activision-blizzard merger they downsized the GM department by like 80%

Want to hear a joke? Your logs.

But to be serious, yes, it takes a bit long. I opened a ticket a few weeks ago. It took around 4 or 5 days for a simple item restore. However, the support itself was great. The guy helped me nicely. I assume there is just a lack of support agents to handle everything in a faster manner.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright.

/10char

I got stuck a few months ago on an alt, and the GM was pretty quick to respond (within 5 minutes). He was nice, and chatted a bit. /shrug

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by You are wrong View Post
    It took around 4 or 5 days for a simple item restore.
    You know you can do that yourself these days?

Considering how badly GMs have been treated in the past 14 years, I don't blame them for staying away.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Deleted
    Oh I remember them. Good times when GMs cared about game and could do something about it.

I had problem purchasing honor tokens mount on one character. So GM logged in on my character, went to vendor trying to purchase that mount, while I was looking at it from my alt. I think it was in WoTLK. Saw GM in raids/cities as well, but don't remember details.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is some proper 'member berries kind of shit though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Oh I remember them. Good times when GMs cared about game and could do something about it.

I had problem purchasing honor tokens mount on one character. So GM logged in on my character, went to vendor trying to purchase that mount, while I was looking at it from my alt. I think it was in WoTLK. Saw GM in raids/cities as well, but don't remember details.
    My guildie got stuck in class hall in BFA pre-patch and a GM logged on his character, talked to us in guild chat while doing it, and teleported his character out to safety in Dalaran. GMs are still a thing. They still do shit like this...
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It is interesting that only really shady/toxic people always make threads like this (just read other threads made by OP).

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard isn't their own company anymore. They do what daddy Activision says, or they get put in time-out.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I got stuck a few months ago on an alt, and the GM was pretty quick to respond (within 5 minutes). He was nice, and chatted a bit. /shrug
    Getting Unstuck is an automated service and you don't contact a GM for it anymore so I'm wondering how you talked to a GM within 5 minutes.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/32275

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    I remember back when GMs were fast to respond to tickets. Most issues could be resolved within a day.
    They were never fast unless you used specific words in their ticket system which gets priority. After the barbershop was introduced all ticket times increased exponentially because people are fucking braindead and ticket "WHERE IS BURBUR SHUP" instead of using the guards
    Now we have 24 hour+ ticket wait times that almost always results in a poorly constructed partially being copy and pasted response that usually takes 2-3 more tickets before something is actually done about it.
    That's funny because i had to wait 5 minute for a livechat, that doesn't sound like 24 hours to me.

All in all they had to stop showing themselves ingame because people as always found a way to bitch about it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post

When they would spend 15+ minutes talking to you about anything even if the ticket was only pertaining to something simple like being stuck. They would spent 10 minutes telling you back to back GM jokes!

When GMs were kind and spent time with all of their responses.

When GMs would drop in on your in game and actually interact with the community.

Now we have automated systems that auto punish players for large gold trades (for "exploitation of economy") or getting enough reports (silencing) or even using a VPN (for "account sharing").

Now GMs have absolutely no interaction with the in game community. They rarely even exist outside of billing support. Everything is automated and/or copy pasted.

Explain why the increase in profits over the years at Blizzard HQ is leading to a decrease in customer service. Not only is there a growing disconnect between the developers and the community managers, but it's even being seen in the actual customer support.
    1. people abused this by trolling Gm's, pulling bosses to them
    2. people complained about it
    3. it was inificent time wise, specially when something as simple as that makes tickets take minutes longer, yes its nice to chill with a GM... but it makes tickets take so, so longer
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    This looks like a pirated server, which probably means it is.
    What makes you think that? It appears legit on the surface, as someone who raided ICC.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I do miss GMs being around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    This looks like a pirated server, which probably means it is.
    Nothing about this "looks like a pirated server".
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

These instances of GMs actually appearing in-game were extremely rare and many have been shown to have been on private servers. I played in a top 100 guild and we often had to ticket GMs during raid for various issues. Never once saw a GM. All I remember is every time I contacted a GM personally, it took ages, sometimes over a week. They were and still are nice, some would RP a bit, just like some do today. Today though, I've never had a ticket last more than a couple hours at most, often quicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its all abauth saving money realy.
    They use automation since they dont care abauth their players anymore as they are to big to fail.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    During TBC when I was bored on days off from raiding or farming I spent my time in Goldshire duelling, chatting with friends/random people or queueing for battlegrounds. Well, one day I was standing on the fence outside the inn as usual when a GM just appeared in the middle of the road. Of course this got a lot of attention as it tended to do back then and he spent a good half hour transforming people and himself into things between chatting to us. It was nice, harmless fun and an interaction that they didn't need to do but it sure made a lot of people happy.

And I have talked with GM's on other occasions. One time I got stuck in terrain on my mage but I forget how, so the GM teleported me into the air and said 'I hope you have feathers for slowfall' before leaving me to plummet back to earth.

Another one helped me after I got hacked. They left my main in Stormwind bank wearing the skimpy gear and bunny ears I had in my bags for fun times.

Another helped out my guild in SSC when a boss despawned on pull and refused to return, so after fixing it he sat on the floor out of our way and shouted 'encouragement' while eating. When we wiped he stayed until we got back to make sure the boss returned then vanished with a final 'good luck'.

I miss those times and it would be nice to have them back in game but I can see why Blizzard doesn't allow it any more.