Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    They wanted another carrot on a stick like wf/tf to keep people on the treadmill and make it impossible to best-in-slot before the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kael Sunstrider View Post
    In that way, heart of azeroth will be the same as artifact weapon.

Then it won't be a new feature or selling point for a new expansion.

So Blizzard tried something new and failed.
    This is Blizzard's way of eliminating h need to develop gear/drops for a slot and guise it as a feature.

Artifact Weapons completely eliminated the need to design a lot more weapons...

Artifact neck... no necks for BfA...

Watch for this to continue next expansion... some differing form of the Path of Titans concept. My guess will be the helmet slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    this is not true, i have a druid and the tank encounter was the exact same
    Druid void zone was double the radius of other classes. Paladin/druid had phyically immune mobs as well. Inquisitor in paladin challenge had way more health. The challenge was the "same" but the mobs did different things and were tuned differently, with classes having diff toolkits

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Oh I wish it was. Instead we got Legion 0.5.

OT: It's a simple case of "dont fix whats not broken", their fixating on "new features" each expansion (even though heart of azeroth is just a budget artifacts rehash) only to disable them come next expansion is ridiculous.

I think they lack imagination what else could they put in, but want to milk the cow as much as they can. They need fresh blood within their ranks. But to be honest who would invest into a game like wow anymore? With how the mmorpg genre trend is ever so dying and WoW engine / graphics are lagging behind year after year... Do you really see WoW being a successful game still in 2022?

- - - Updated - - -

And how does the above conflict? HoA / azeirte is basically artifacts / ap but made worse. Like, you still level it, you still collect the power to level it, there are still traits that you choose from. Its not something different, its budget artifacts system with the same base / logic behind it.

Working towards your legendary cloak throughout MoP was something different when compared to only specific people able to do the chain quests for theirs like in Cata or Wotlk.
    Working towards your traits and artifact level throughout Legion was something different to the above.
    HoA is not different. Not in a sense of "new feature".

Then they were bold enough to take Legion mission table, make it the most useless, uninteresting and annoying as it could be, and implemented it in BfA.
    You didn't really choose with legion artifacts though, you eventually got everything. the choice was either 4p or 7p in traits, not x vs y trait.

My only issue is that mythic gear requires you to have 33 AP to use all of the traits (if i recall correctly).

The highest I know is at 27 or 28 by now. It's silly and shitty. An upgrade should always be an upgrade.

The AP climb is too slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    Druid void zone was double the radius of other classes. Paladin/druid had phyically immune mobs as well. Inquisitor in paladin challenge had way more health. The challenge was the "same" but the mobs did different things and were tuned differently, with classes having diff toolkits
    huh, i guess i never noticed the diff bc my druid had ekowraith and balance affinity so range didnt mean shit to me
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    huh, i guess i never noticed the diff bc my druid had ekowraith and balance affinity so range didnt mean shit to me
    I did it with latc/fon so the range didn't mean anything to me either, but if you didn't have any of the cheat combos it was a lot more "difficult"
    I only noticed how different it was when I did it on my monk for the first time