Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mayo in cornflakes was literally the only really weird combo I saw, through a quick browse. Most were just variations of the sweet/salty thing.

Rice with ketchup weird? I guess most people here haven't been actually short on money in their lives. Macaroni and ketchup is more or less a staple in student food here and it was a very small change to go with rice or ramen instead. When money is good, it's macaroni/rice with canned tuna :P
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Used to spread apple sauce on my pizza.
    There should be a law against that. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgaan View Post
    Do you have a weird food combination you like? I've got a few:

-Pop Tarts dipped in spicy queso: Everyone I talk to IRL is absolutely disgusted by it but I don't give a crap. It's a perfect combination of sweet and spicy, although it doesn't work for every flavor of Pop Tart.

-Chicken nuggets dipped in queso or pretzel cheese- sorta normal, and chicken nuggets dipped in applesauce- not normal.

-Ramen with taco sauce or Wendy's chili sauce.

-Pouched tuna in sunflower oil mixed with ramen topped with Taco Bell Fire sauce.

I feel alone in my strange eating habits, so I'm wondering if anyone has that one thing they eat no one else seems to understand.
    I can't think of anything weird that I like to eat together, maybe bananas and milk, but my sister loves to dip oreos in pickle juice.

Literal quote from the Simply Recipes page you linked:

Shepherd’s Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton.
    Read your own sources.

7+ Year Old Account
    This may not be that weird but everything always says it is when i bring it up. French toast with ketchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Dremmy View Post
    Literal quote from the Simply Recipes page you linked:
    again read the recipes

and where the fuck did i say it cant be made with lamb?

your ignorance is stunning
    Last edited by infinit; 2018-10-09 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    again read the recipes

and where the fuck did i say it cant be made with lamb?

your ignorance is stunning
    You make a blanket statement that Shepard's pie is made with ground beef, ignoring the fact that it is an AMERICANISED version of an ENGLISH recipe and somehow I'm ignorant :s

Oh dear.

You make a blanket statement that Shepard's pie is made with ground beef, ignoring the fact that it is an AMERICANISED version of an ENGLISH recipe and somehow I'm ignorant :s

Oh dear.
    I said it's called shepherds pie, and it is.,. you twit

Mi gusta esa barbita

Piping hot custard on liquid nitrogen cold ice cream.

Also - fried ice cream

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    This may not be that weird but everything always says it is when i bring it up. French toast with ketchup

Not sure if its a Canadian thing but wow is ketchup on french toast freaking awesome. Everyone who see's me do it says it gross till they try it!
    Last edited by DarthDave; 2018-10-09 at 04:56 PM. Reason: poor spelling

I get funny looks for ketchup on Bologna sandwiches.
    I like instant mash potatoes on a buttered Kaiser Roll.
    I also used to put sugar in Jolt Cola.

not that weird lol

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how "weird" this is, but I like to get those beef strips and cook them with peppers/onions/mushrooms (or whatever else I'm in the mood for tossing in, based on availability).

I've been told by some that it's weird because the "proper" way to do that is make fajitas with tortillas/taco shells or whatever. I don't do that. I just dump the whole thing on a plate straight out of the pan and eat it with a fork.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    1. Mashed potatoes and ground beef...
    I wouldn't say that's too weird. Add some corn, and you have a really simple, watered down version of a shepherd's pie.

Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    I said it's called shepherds pie, and it is.,. you twit
    As I said - Americanised form of Shepard's pie, at it's core it's still a lamb recipe :P

I know it's hard to accept that you might be wrong but no need to get angry dear.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    >beef
    >Shepard

really big think there mate
    Eh, he's calling it Shepard's pie cause that's what it's called in the US, it's called Cottage Pie in the UK. Traditional UK Shepard's Pie is, of course, made with lamb. It's not worth the shitty argument that has cropped up because it.

I like pickles on my grilled cheese. You gotta dry them a little and make sure they're snug between two pieces of cheese so they don't fall out. Really quite good. Dill only though. Gherkins are a bit too sweet imo, but might be someone's fancy.

Strawberry milkshake, fries, burger.
    "Hawaiian pizza"

Could be worse I guess... But I don't like worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of hard to know what qualifies as "weird" nowadays but it still disgusts a few friends of mine when I make mac and cheese with tuna.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Kind of hard to know what qualifies as "weird" nowadays but it still disgusts a few friends of mine when I make mac and cheese with tuna.
    Wouldn't that be just a variation of tuna lasagna? Your friends are weird.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    This may not be that weird but everything always says it is when i bring it up. French toast with ketchup.
    What's wrong with that? It's almost the same as eating toast and fried egg with ketchup...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    It's most likely because fish and cheese don't normally go together. That said, tuna isn't a pretty hard one to eat with cheese. Mackerel on the other hand... that would be pretty weird.

On topic: salmon (smoked, pan-fried and raw all work) and licorice, which I later discovered was a combinatoin used by some damn good chefs, lol. Also, saffron risotto with licorice powder on top. And I don't even like licorice alone, lmao. Also, I like bitter chocolate, or cocoa powder, on curry dishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

As I said - Americanised form of Shepard's pie, at it's core it's still a lamb recipe :P

I know it's hard to accept that you might be wrong but no need to get angry dear.
    Keep digging that hole