View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    See, this is where your satire falls flat and you make yourself look ridiculous. These comments when you have the DUP driving Brexit strategy are farcical.

Try to be more subtle. This isnt vaudeville.
    Just no. It is not the DUP driving Brexit strategy at all but millions and millions of people like me, the winners in the referendum. All the losers can do now is carp on and on and on and on. As Piers Morgan said today on an unrelated subject but just as apt in this instance, "Why do you live in a country that you loathe?"

GTFO already, backward looking dinosaurs like you have no place in a future renewed Great Britain.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Just no. It is not the DUP driving Brexit strategy at all but millions and millions of people like me, the winners in the referendum. All the losers can do now is carp on and on and on and on. As Piers Morgan said today on an unrelated subject but just as apt in this instance, "Why do you live in a country that you loathe?"

GTFO already, backward looking dinosaurs like you have no place in a future renewed Great Britain.
    The difference between the winning side and the losing side is marginal at best, if said difference exceeded more then 10% I would agree with your viewpoint of the losers, however, the difference is about 4%, too marginal to actually ignore those voters.

And Piers Morgan can go fuck himself... I loathe my own country, but I do not have (like him) the financial possibility to leave it.

I don't live in a country that I loathe. I like how this country has steadily improved itself in so many ways in my lifetime. What I loathe is the actions of small minded people like you that want to take us backwards. The empire isn't coming back. As part of the EU we can help to shape the future, outside it we will be increasingly marginalised in a world full of powerful nations and entities.

Another post of yours that comes across as genuine, however. Nice to see I can nudge you into dropping your facade once in a while. So we can add "angry man-child" to "totalitarian fascist". We are starting to get a true sense of who you are. The fact you believe that Piers Morgan is worth listening to doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    The difference between the winning side and the losing side is marginal at best, if said difference exceeded more then 10% I would agree with your viewpoint of the losers, however, the difference is about 4%, too marginal to actually ignore those voters.

And Piers Morgan can go fuck himself... I loathe my own country, but I do not have (like him) the financial possibility to leave it.
    There have been many election results that have been even closer than that, 4% while a small number is still a decent enough margin when you consider the historical differences that can occur during an election.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Interesting read. Lots of theoretical chances to move towards a second vote. But there is a hell of lot of supposition around all of them. The survey towards the end was interesting; 59% of people wouldn't be unhappy with remaining in the EU. If that is even close to accurate, that's the kind of data that could lead to a change in the tactics of the Tory government.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Interesting read. Lots of theoretical chances to move towards a second vote. But there is a hell of lot of supposition around all of them. The survey towards the end was interesting; 59% of people wouldn't be unhappy with remaining in the EU. If that is even close to accurate, that's the kind of data that could lead to a change in the tactics of the Tory government.
    That's one way of looking at the polling data (39% happy with remaining, 41% unhappy & 20% unsure or no opinion) but certainly not the conclusion I would come to, if anything I would say that it shows that attitudes towards EU membership have changed very little over the last two years and the same divisions that existed prior to the referendum still exist to this day.

I cannot see the Tories, or any party for that matter, changing their tactics based on this data nor do I see evidence that a 2nd referendum would lead to a different result.

That's one way of looking at the polling data (39% happy with remaining, 41% unhappy & 20% unsure or no opinion) but certainly not the conclusion I would come to, if anything I would say that it shows that attitudes towards EU membership have changed very little over the last two years and the same divisions that existed prior to the referendum still exist to this day.

I cannot see the Tories, or any party for that matter, changing their tactics based on this data nor do I see evidence that a 2nd referendum would lead to a different result.
    Well, you can certainly take that view if you want. Me, I would see that as suggesting that cancelling Brexit entirely wouldn't upset 59% of the electorate. Now if that were to be anything like the case for the Tory voting group, they would see that as a possible way out of the mess they've created.

But I would agree that very few people have moved their position. Which can only suggest that not only were a number of people ignorant about the details of leaving at the time of the vote, they've happily remained ignorant through 2 years of incessant and unparalleled reporting. No mean feat. Or maybe they are still happy to leave despite there being no solution to the Ireland issue and nothing short of a BINO that won't break our JIT manufacturing and Financial sector.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Slammed with work -

Yes, that's an excellent piece. Just confirms how deeply the country is divided.

Need to read it again.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Slammed with work -

Yes, that's an excellent piece. Just confirms how deeply the country is divided.

Need to read it again.
    Busy at work Nigel enjoying the fruits of the Brexit dividend? That article is too wishy washy, this might happen or that...

Meanwhile, though as an advocate and supporter of no deal it's not good news for me yet in the interests of fairness, it is good to see the EU bend the knee to the UK for a deal. Too little too late.

Brexit LIVE: EU BACKS DOWN on Irish border issue

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-jeremy-corbyn

I started to get a little worried there eurochums, however the good ole DUP ride to my rescue and threaten to bring down the government in a couple of weeks by voting against the budget.

DUP 'could vote against the Budget' over Brexit deal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45806063

Got to hope now that Theresa doesn't bung Arlene another billion to shut her up and my sweet no deal still all on track!

Tick tock, 170 days more to endure...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    huh ? where do you see a back down ?

Dribbles posting from the express again and wants to be taken seriously.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    huh ? where do you see a back down ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Dribbles posting from the express again and wants to be taken seriously.
    National broadcaster good enough for you?

The most important development would be that the EU seems close to agreeing that the backstop would apply to the whole UK and not just to Northern Ireland, as it originally demanded - or at least it would apply to the whole UK for customs.

That would represent a big victory for the PM

https://www.itv.com/news/2018-10-09/...-negotiations/

Not enough though, time to bend that arthritic EU knee further.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account

The most important development would be that the EU seems close to agreeing that the backstop would apply to the whole UK and not just to Northern Ireland, as it originally demanded - or at least it would apply to the whole UK for customs.

uuh ? all of UK would have to stay in some sort of customs union with EU. how is this a victory ?

no that wouldn't. That would be a complete climb down from the PM since being the backstop would basically mean we're remaining the the customs union. If this is true May is waving the white flag.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    no that wouldn't. That would be a complete climb down from the PM since being the backstop would basically mean we're remaining the the customs union. If this is true May is waving the white flag.
    just curious: how would House of Commons react ?

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    just curious: how would House of Commons react ?
    No idea tbh, except Reese-Mog might try to undermine anything that isn't fully out hard border with RoI and put the UK lips on Trump's ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Just out of interest… why can I read this? I thought The Times had a paywall?

It’s great analysis. I don’t know why Mr D is being dismissive? Isn’t every scenario basically saying there isn’t going to be a second referendum for x y z.

Anyways…

If we’re to draw anything from the statistics quoted half way down the page it’s that 52% of those polled are unhappy with the idea of a hard Brexit compared to just 18% who would be happy.

So, if we hard Brexit for whatever reason (as seems to be a likely prospect atm) there will be a lot of unhappy, pissed-off people.

Busy at work Nigel enjoying the fruits of the Brexit dividend?
    I’d estimate 80% of my income this year has been billed in USD direct to companies in the US. As I work on a rate (more or less) determined by my American colleagues and GBP has lost 15% of its value since 2016, it’s been happy days. Not sure that traders’ negativity re. sterling because they fear for the economy’s prospects mean this can be framed in a positive light, though.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

The backstop includes following EU regulations 1:1. You're clearly not paying attention, are you? This is your personal nightmare, my friend.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The backstop includes following EU regulations 1:1. You're clearly not paying attention, are you? This is your personal nightmare, my friend.
    I don't really see it that way, the EU could promise unicorns for all and the UK couldn't agree amongst itself whether to accept or not. The UK could promise a unicorn deal to the EU and yet the EU wouldn't agree amongst itself whether to accept or not. Either way, no matter who capitulates most, we still end up with no deal.

There is not a deal in the world that is acceptable to both sides, it's good news for me, the UK and that sweet no deal. In two weeks time, an effective UK government will probably not even exist to negotiate with and just 170 days to cross that Brexit 1.0 finishing line. I'll take a default no deal happily tyvm.

And pretty much anything other than a no deal fires a gun to start the Brexit 2.0 campaign from April.

We Brexiteers will win that one too. Better to take that sweet no deal now, for both sides.