Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Do you find MW a bit barebones this expansion?

I don't really know why but Mistweaver was easily my favorite healer during Legion. I loved everything about it and it felt more fresh and pleasant than other heal specs. But since BFA I just can't play this spec without feeling a bit bored. Most of the time its about keeping up soothing mist while using instant heals but it doesn't feel satisfying this time. Maybe its because there is a lack of cool animations outside of channeling and spamming instants during a channel is weird even if its not something new.

I guess its due to the loss of the artifact, I really liked the artifact extra burst ability and also the visual effects that you could unlock when progressing the artifact nodes. Like vomiting a heal, having mist effects everywhere, it felt fresh. Now there is nothing with azerite adding the same kind of flavour neither for Mistweaver nor any spec.

Any thoughts?

Deleted
    for me it's the complete opposite. Legion MW felt poorly designed with the way soothing mist rewarded not activly healing but instead doing nothing, Effuse feeling next to useless and Sheiluns Gift having no place in the game because of beeing waaaay to slow (especially in multi-healer content). MW to me was a class of stacked spells that didn't mix well.

With BfA it feels like someone really throught a lot of a system of synergies. No heal feels redundant anymore and while smaller our arsenal of spells works for more situations than before. There are both options to go minimal healing aswell as absurd burst/manadrain if needed just by mixing the heals up (thunderfocus for a full 5man group of renewing mist, enveloping on the tank and spamming instant vivify due to soothing mist.. HPS skyrocket fun ).

Even fistweaving while still beeing a niche is kinda better than before and atleast for the 5% melee buff needed. The availability of both Legsweep aswell als Ring of Peace make for some very engaging mythic+ gameplay were in Legion mistweaver was quite meh

Both were strong designs in their own ways. But the BfA design is probably the better base-line design whilst the Artifact added some nice layers of flavour and complexity to consider in Legion. So really it's... for not the first time this month... just down to Azerite not really filling the roll it was intended to fill.

Not at all, I am loving MW now. Only thing I don't like is the RM to Vivify interaction.

I feel like they need to bring back eminence though. I don't understand why its considered OP for monks but disciple priest is still a thing. Rising mist is a nice start but its not enough. Hopefully we get more interesting azerite traits later in the expansion to add more depth, to dps in particular. Examples:

Jade Serpent Statue heals an additional 50% of damage dealt to whoever is being channeled on.
    Rising Mist now spreads the Essence Font heal over time effect to all allies.
    Chi Burst returns to the user dealing damage and healing twice.
    TFT now works with Chi Bolt causing each jump to proc our mastery, the damage is also increased by our mastery value.
    Rising Sun Kick causes renewing mist to spread to a nearby injured ally.
    Tiger Palm releases a single chi bolt out to a nearby injured ally.
    Casting Enveloping Mist on a dead player now acts as a battle rez (shares CD with others of course)
    black out kicks lower the cooldown on revival by 1 seconds.

MW monk went from being the coolest healing spec in wod to a shitty and boring version in legion. The artifact ability was boring, didnt do anything to gameplay. In BfA its one of the funniest healing spec.
    Last edited by Rustykeyboard; 2018-10-08 at 03:50 PM.

Deleted
    MW is the only healer I've been having fun with for years.
    I had fun with Disc and Restoration shamans in WoD - But Legion just didn't feel the same.

I mainly play DPS and tanks, so I guess im not the targeted audience for this thread - But I wanted to say that I enjoy it for some odd reason.

I should have mained my monk again but ww left a bad taste in my mouth during legion. Mw does look more fun now.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Mistweaver design and gameplay improved greatly in BFA. Still annoyed by inverse stat priorities between dungeons and raids but eh... I'll take BFA Mistweaver over Legion Mistweaver any day.

Mistweaver audio and visuals declined in Legion, and even further in BFA. I miss the sound effects we used to hear all the time: expel harm, uplift, mana tea... Mistweaver "flavor" we had in previous expansions is gone.

That's my take.

I really like how much control you have over where your healing goes, the only downside is that in raids I dont have ret or balance druids to prop me up so I have to afk a lot on some bosses because I have to tank heal and we are a melee heavy raid. But in dungeons the spec is really fun and you have so much control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know what you're talking about, if anything they have too many buttons. Just for DPS alone they have TP/BoK/RSK/SCK/CJL/CB. They have a bunch of control to press in LS/RoP/Para, a bunch of mobility Transcendence is 2 buttons/TL/CT or Roll. And those don't even take into account their actual healing spells. I've run out of hotkeys on my MW.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I'm a dps main and only heal as off-spec, but I do agree with others : MW is way more funnier now than it was in Legion. It reminds me a lot of WoD gameplay, with that empowered soothing mists.
    Lots of tools for M+, I feel ready for nearly any situation + some nice interactions with tank with leg sweep and RoP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustykeyboard View Post
    MW monk went from being the coolest healing spec in wod to a shitty and boring version in legion. The artifact ability was boring, didnt do anything to gameplay. In BfA its one of the funniest healing spec.

Well what does azerite traits actually do to gameplay? The artifact was probably not the best one out of the heal specs in Legion but it added meaningful stuff like damage reduction, additional spread heal, visual effects, interactions with thunder focus tea, a new ability. Still better than nothing like currently.

The overall power of MW has increased with BFA and its an efficient healer, but the flavour has been a bit lost compared to MoP-WoD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    I should have mained my monk again but ww left a bad taste in my mouth during legion. Mw does look more fun now.

Windwalker is way worse currently than in Legions sadly in terms of power, stuns, heal, and I really miss strike of the wind lord, a big burst AOE ability that always feels good on dps classes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Don't know what you're talking about, if anything they have too many buttons. Just for DPS alone they have TP/BoK/RSK/SCK/CJL/CB. They have a bunch of control to press in LS/RoP/Para, a bunch of mobility Transcendence is 2 buttons/TL/CT or Roll. And those don't even take into account their actual healing spells. I've run out of hotkeys on my MW.
    Yeah the overall amount of buttons is high but its more the flavour that is declining I feel, the visual, the synergies, the fist weaving been pretty simplistic

yea of course. mw monk had chi and mana tea that stacked. but bfa's version of mw is better than legion's. In legion it was a boring version of holy priest. now it got some of its cool stuff back.

MW is in a great place right now, it just feels fun to play. When BFA first released i played a resto shammy and RShammys are in a horrible place so i went back to MW and im here to stay.

RIP Resto Shammies

MW isn't bad right now, but it does feel barebones.

Legion had a lot more in the healing kit, and it was overall a lot more fun I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    MW isn't bad right now, but it does feel barebones.

Legion had a lot more in the healing kit, and it was overall a lot more fun I think.
    What extra did it have in it's kit? We lost effuse that's it.
    "Well i don't play wow to make people cry, i play wow to kill internet dragons and play with cool dudes. If i wanted to make people cry i would become a mail stripper." -Protos Blood DK Bleeding Hallow

MW is probably one of the only spec in the game that isn't surv/demono but still got significantly improved by the Legion to BFA transition.

Soothing mist is much better, we actually have talent choice in the lvl 100 row, Statut is back to being useful, 2 charges on ReM is a huge QoL bonus.

I honestly don't see how anyone could miss the legion version. Especially since we're still early in the expac. in case you guys have selective memory, we were still only good at sdpamming EF during Mana tea at the same time during Legion. It was awful gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Noocta View Post
    MW is probably one of the only spec in the game that isn't surv/demono but still got significantly improved by the Legion to BFA transition.

Soothing mist is much better, we actually have talent choice in the lvl 100 row, Statut is back to being useful, 2 charges on ReM is a huge QoL bonus.

I honestly don't see how anyone could miss the legion version. Especially since we're still early in the expac. in case you guys have selective memory, we were still only good at sdpamming EF during Mana tea at the same time during Legion. It was awful gameplay.
    100% agree only thing i truly miss is Soothing could be channeled while running. Made M+ catch up so much easier. Now BFA Dungs don't have a ton of running compared to Legion either way i miss it.
    "Well i don't play wow to make people cry, i play wow to kill internet dragons and play with cool dudes. If i wanted to make people cry i would become a mail stripper." -Protos Blood DK Bleeding Hallow

10+ Year Old Account
    the Renewing Mist/Vivify change is still throwing me off but I do like the soothing mist into instant Envelope or Vivify.

Quote Originally Posted by dumathoinn View Post
    What extra did it have in it's kit? We lost effuse that's it.
    Sheilun too, filled a really nice niche for a big ST heal

Effuse/Sheilun stack management as a way to save mana and some of the bonuses on Thunder Focus Tea were really nice too.

Just my opinion, but I preferred Legion MW (from both a PVP/PVE STandpoint). The long GCD on Soothing Mist currently feels atrocious compared to Legion AMA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby View Post
    the Renewing Mist/Vivify change is still throwing me off but I do like the soothing mist into instant Envelope or Vivify.
    Honestly with the long-ish GCD on Soothing Mist it almost feels like hardcasting Env/Vivify. I really didn't mind hardcasting in PVE for Legion, could still get Soothing Mist (AMA) for PVP.